goldust
    goldust's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 763

Green Bay at 12-1 to win SB

This seems like great value to me. And if GB loses a close game in AZ this Sunday, there'll be even more upside to this bet. To me, the NFC's between Carolina, Arizona, Seattle and GB with them all standing comparable chances. Why not GB?

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

nah. not good enough.

goldust

I should say that I got NE at 10-1 before the season started, so there's a quasi-hedge at play (with Pittsburgh lurking).

Manny0825
    Manny0825's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

GB, in my opinion, has no shot. There defense has been injury riddled and there offense is very spotty. They're receivers just can't get open. They struggle against good defenses. Even on bad defenses, they still struggle to get open. There running game is a spotty joke. Eddie lacy will get 100 yards one night and then 4 yards the next 5 games. James Starks becomes the starter and does just as bad. I don't see any value in it because I think it's 99% that it won't cash. That's just my opinion though. Bol!

POOLSIDE
    POOLSIDE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 586

If I were a bookie, I'd feel very very comfortable offering this at 25:1, just to get everyone's action. This isn't happening. I'd even go as far as to say 12:1 isn't good enough for me to wager on them just making the super bowl.

goldust

Quote Originally Posted by POOLSIDE View Post
    If I were a bookie, I'd feel very very comfortable offering this at 25:1, just to get everyone's action. This isn't happening. I'd even go as far as to say 12:1 isn't good enough for me to wager on them just making the super bowl.
    Fair enough. Just seems strange to me. We see it almost every year: team everybody discounts that makes the SB.

Manny0825
    Manny0825's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

To wager on GB getting to the SB, I'd have to see some consistency. Some type of hot-streak going into the playoffs. They just aren't having any of that. Maybe when the playoffs start, but right now, they are just scraping by. McCarthy is making the play calls now, so maybe that'll change some things.