jerseykingpin
    jerseykingpin's Avatar Become A Pro!

Vikings' Williams: We take no pity

Kevin Seifert
    ESPN.com
    Archive
    MINNEAPOLIS -- Tempers flared Sunday at the Metrodome after Minnesota's final touchdown of a 34-3 playoff victory over Dallas, as Cowboys linebacker Keith Brooking sprinted toward the Vikings' sideline, taunting coach Brad Childress and later calling the late score "classless."
    Vikings nose tackle Pat Williams, meanwhile, said Brooking was lucky to escape the Minnesota sideline in one piece.

"We don't care what Keith Brooking says," Williams said. "He was about to get his ass whupped on our sideline over there. It don't matter. Nobody said anything when they blew out the Eagles [the past two weeks].
    "It's the playoffs. It ain't no regular-season game. If you lose, you go home. We take no pity on them. Do they expect us to? I don't care about no Brooking. He can say whatever he wants to say."
    With the Vikings leading 27-3 late in the fourth quarter, Childress left his starters in the game. The Cowboys gave up the ball on downs at their 37-yard line with 5:26 remaining, and the Vikings threw three passes on their ensuing six-play drive. The final one was an 11-yard touchdown pass to tight end Visanthe Shiancoe on fourth-and-3 with 1:55 remaining.
    "Just staying aggressive with it, if you will," Childress said after the game. "We put our defense back on the field and we talked to all the coordinators -- offense, defense, special-teams guys-- that we weren't going to put the field goal group on the field.
    "As Lou Holtz used to say, 'It's our job to score points. It's their job to stop us from scoring points.' That happens. It wasn't rubbing it in. It's just taking care of business and being aggressive at the end of the game."
    Cowboys coach Wade Phillips said the Vikings ran up the score, and Brooking agreed.
    "I thought it was classless," Brooking said. "I thought it was B.S. Granted, we get paid to stop them, but we had zero timeouts left. I didn't think there was any call for that."
    Shiancoe laughed after hearing Brooking's comments. "OK, we apologize. I'm sorry. Better?"
    A TRUE COWGIRL CRYING UP A STROM HERE A BOX OF KLEENEX

cappinthepigs
    cappinthepigs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 67

No Pity

jerseykingpin

Classless? This is the playoffs, son. It's all out, all day long or go home. Does Brooking think the Cowboys were "classless" for running up the score against the Eagles?

jerseykingpin

From NFL.com

The final touchdown by the Vikings in their 34-3 win over the Cowboys is creating quite a stir — at least from Cowboys LB Keith Brooking.
    According to published reports, Brooking went at the Minnesota sideline after the Vikings, holding a 27-3 lead, chose to go for a fourth-and-3 with 1:55 remaining in the game. The play resulted in an 11-yard touchdown pass from Brett Favre to Visanthe Shiancoe, extending the lead to 31 points.

Brooking also let his thoughts be known following the game.
    “I just thought what happened at the end of the game was disrespectful, and it was classless,” Brooking said, according to the team’s official blog. “All the things that are in that category, I’ll throw out to the Vikings organization and whoever is over there calling the plays. It just wasn’t the right thing to do at that time, period.”
    Vikings coach Brad Childress defended the decision during his postgame news conference, explaining why he didn’t run out the clock in that situation.
    “Just staying aggressive with it, if you will,” Childress said. “We put our defense back on the field, and we talked to all the coordinators — offense, defense, special teams guys that we weren’t going to put the field goal group on the field. As Lou Holtz used to say, ‘It’s our job to score points. It’s their job to stop us from scoring points.’ That happens. It wasn’t rubbing it in. It’s just taking care of business and being aggressive at the end of the game.”
    Favre echoed Childress’ thoughts, saying the Vikings didn’t run up the score.
    “I didn’t see that,” Favre said. “I think that everyone who has every played against me or who knows me knows that I’m not about that. We tried to run and run and run and run, but we were not getting too far.”

MaInIsLe
    MaInIsLe's Avatar Become A Pro!

Brooking is a cowgirl, get over it.

Busterflywheel
    Busterflywheel's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Quote Originally Posted by MaInIsLe View Post
    Brooking is a cowgirl, get over it.

This shit is funny..The drama these cowgirls stir up...Drama queens

Brocc
    Got Surf
    Brocc's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4585

I said it before, I'll say it again...
    Fukk Dallas

Busterflywheel
    Busterflywheel's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Quote Originally Posted by Brocc View Post
    I said it before, I'll say it again...
    Fukk Dallas

Superman455
    Drinkin ANOTHER Beer...
    Superman455's Avatar Become A Pro!

I enjoyed every minute of that game, Dallas finally showed their true colors. They did the same thing to the Eagles. Glad they were sent home.

SportJunkie
    Update your status
    SportJunkie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 632

Dallas "America's Team" OVERRATED

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Maybe the Vikings are underrated?

bighank33
    bighank33's Avatar Become A Pro!

I love it. The Cowgirls can find anything to cry about

wookieehumper
    wookieehumper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

Funny how everyone was talking about how the Cowboys was the most complete team in the NFC after beating up on a way overrated Philly, and now they get blown out on their way to the golf course.

slacker00

Quote Originally Posted by wookieehumper View Post
    Funny how everyone was talking about how the Cowboys was the most complete team in the NFC after beating up on a way overrated Philly, and now they get blown out on their way to the golf course.
    That wasn't the same Cowboys team that we saw for the month prior.

aceking
    aceking's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

Tony Homo should retire .

slacker00

Quote Originally Posted by aceking View Post
    Tony Homo should retire .
    He's making nearly $13 million/year. Why retire when every year is like hitting the lotto?

Pride>UFC
    Pride>UFC's Avatar Become A Pro!

Vikings will get what's coming to em.

a nice blowout courtesy of Drew Brees.

Old man Favre will have a Brett Favre game...3+ turnovers...

nobull
    nobull's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6141

Every team that loses in the NFL playoffs
    is over-rated unless you're the superbowl champ.