No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Public has absolutely torched the NFL the last two weeks

Won every lopsided bet today (Kansas City, Houston, Green Bay, Seattle, Cincinnati). Carolina was probably No. 1 in terms of sheer volume, but even they didn't lose. Jets pushed last night.

Basically swept last week as well (Seattle, New England, Green Bay, Giants -- KC won but didn't cover).

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24921

Vegas keeps putting out some ridiculous lines and I'm not sure why. I mean, I thought the Cardinals should have been -7.5 tonight and they're only laying 3.5? I bet the Cardinals accordingly, but probably not as much as I should have because I still respect the people making the lines who do the shit full time. But a part of me just wanted to pound the Cards for a king's ransom. The books have been paying out quite a bit more than they normally do at this time of year. Merry Xmas to all, I guess.

Vegas linesmaking department, if you're reading this, hire me. I'll put you guys back on the winning track.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Munny View Post
    Vegas keeps putting out some ridiculous lines and I'm not sure why. I mean, I thought the Cardinals should have been -7.5 tonight and they're only laying 3.5? I bet the Cardinals accordingly, but probably not as much as I should have because I still respect the people making the lines who do the shit full time. But a part of me just wanted to pound the Cards for a king's ransom. The books have been paying out quite a bit more than they normally do at this time of year. Merry Xmas to all, I guess.

Vegas linesmaking department, if you're reading this, hire me. I'll put you guys back on the winning track.
    Really no reason for Philly to be anything less than +7 tonight.

Jeep_Life 42
    Jeep_Life 42's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1274

When the Saints go marching in?.....

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24921

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    Really no reason for Philly to be anything less than +7 tonight.
    You aren't kidding. I guess that uber fluke of a win in New England followed by the three point home win against the hapless Bills must have convinced somebody that the Eagles were a live dog tonight. I didn't see it that way at all.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Munny View Post
    You aren't kidding. I guess that uber fluke of a win in New England followed by the three point home win against the hapless Bills must have convinced somebody that the Eagles were a live dog tonight. I didn't see it that way at all.
    I'll admit: the weird line spooked me and I passed. Maybe that was their goal -- to make people overthink it? Who knows.

Jeep_Life 42

I'll admit: the weird line spooked me and I passed. Maybe that was their goal -- to make people overthink it? Who knows.
    almost seemed to easy...nice job to anyone that played it!

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

It's always looks easier after the games are over.

The public wins half the time anyway. It's he juice that beats people.

KRIT
    KRIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20358

I know it was a square day because my buddy who almost always takes public square sides called me today and told me how much he crushed it today.

goldust
    goldust's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 763

It's just been a very square year. I'm still in the red for the season because I've been on a lot of "sharp" plays. Having adjusted, I've made up some ground.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by KRIT View Post
    I know it was a square day because my buddy who almost always takes public square sides called me today and told me how much he crushed it today.
    Yep. Plus bragging about parlays, teasers, etc.

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

I feel like people have been saying it's been a "square" year the last three seasons.

Don't let the lines mind f*ck you or you've already lost.

No one is up money by just fading "square" plays. The popular side wins half the time. If you guys want to call it the public" so be it but it doesn't matter. Vegas makes heir money off of the juice.

If you side with the public everytine you loss. If you side against the public everytime, you lose.

It's really just as simple as picking winners regardless of what the line looks like. People over complicate this. Our problem is that we aren't patient and play too many games. That's what Vegas wants bc overtime he juice wins.

ex50warrior
    ex50warrior's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25052

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    I feel like people have been saying it's been a "square" year the last three seasons.

No one is up money by just fading "square" plays. The popular side wins half the time. If you guys want to call it the public" so be it but it doesn't matter. Vegas makes heir money off of the juice.

If you side with the public everytine you loss. If you side against the public everytime, you lose.

It's really just as simple as picking winners regardless of what the line looks like. People over complicate this. Our problem is that we aren't patient and play too many games. That's what Vegas wants bc overtime he juice wins.
    Agree. Usually the battle is between the "public" and the "sharps." The books just watch and collect their juice.

birdman24
    birdman24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15432

I know 5 different local bookies in my area, ALL OF THEM GOT RAPED THIS WEEK!!

16kredit
    16kredit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4644

was looking for a thread saying this. Absolutely agree, it doesnt pay out to take crappy dogs anymore they just flat out suck and cant cover even 2 tds.

Jeep_Life 42

Quote Originally Posted by birdman24 View Post
    I know 5 different local bookies in my area, ALL OF THEM GOT RAPED THIS WEEK!!

JayDr3am
    Handi
    JayDr3am's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8206

it is their goal man.. they love to lure the public to the low spreads. this was a prime week of it. (GB, AZ, etc)

Renegades
    Renegades's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22206

watch out for week 17 when all of the squares line up to bet the teams that "need" to win.

remember a few yrs ago when SD needed to beat KC to have a playoff shot, and Chase Daniels was starting for KC. KC scored on the opening drive and never looked back. and they were catching like 10. everyone couldn't bet enough on SD. teasers, parlays, spread, ML. drooling over SD.

after the last two weeks, I think it will happen again. I typically play against the lopsided games but yest I just had a bad feeling. I only played Balt and Dallas, and passed on Oak, SF, Phily. thank God. Det would normally be a play tonight.

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

They always rebound one way or another. Last night was a massacre for squares sides wise in nfl/nba.

rake922
    rake922's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2111

Jeep_Life 42

Quote Originally Posted by R.P. McMurphy View Post
    They always rebound one way or another. Last night was a massacre for squares sides wise in nfl/nba.
    They always get theirs!

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

i took every dog this week in my pool.

jn87h29.jpg
    Attached Images  

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Well stated. The fact is that Joe Pub (and that means ALL OF YOU) have no idea what the few people who you refer to as "sharps" really do. You have no idea of just how they can and do manipulate lines. You would not recognize a bait and switch until after the game was over. The best thing for you people to do is to simply figure out who is going to win the game, and forget about what others say or do. You have no idea. You have no idea of exactly how much money is on any given team. You must depend on sites GIVING you that information. The truth is that many lie about the info they feed Joe Pub. Like the man said, it is as simple as just picking the winners, no matter what the line looks like. Pay attention to him. He is one of the very few people in here that knows what he is talking about.

goldust
    goldust's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 763

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    Well stated. The fact is that Joe Pub (and that means ALL OF YOU) have no idea what the few people who you refer to as "sharps" really do. You have no idea of just how they can and do manipulate lines. You would not recognize a bait and switch until after the game was over. The best thing for you people to do is to simply figure out who is going to win the game, and forget about what others say or do. You have no idea. You have no idea of exactly how much money is on any given team. You must depend on sites GIVING you that information. The truth is that many lie about the info they feed Joe Pub. Like the man said, it is as simple as just picking the winners, no matter what the line looks like. Pay attention to him. He is one of the very few people in here that knows what he is talking about.
    Yeah. I'm just done trying to read line movement. Betting who I like and that's it.

a4u2fear
    TEASE IT
    a4u2fear's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 35459

Anyone know any info on lots of big favs covering and what happens the week after?

Time is Money
    Time is Money's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6389

Quote Originally Posted by Renegades View Post
    watch out for week 17 when all of the squares line up to bet the teams that "need" to win.

remember a few yrs ago when SD needed to beat KC to have a playoff shot, and Chase Daniels was starting for KC. KC scored on the opening drive and never looked back. and they were catching like 10. everyone couldn't bet enough on SD. teasers, parlays, spread, ML. drooling over SD.

after the last two weeks, I think it will happen again. I typically play against the lopsided games but yest I just had a bad feeling. I only played Balt and Dallas, and passed on Oak, SF, Phily. thank God. Det would normally be a play tonight.
    your memory is garbage, chiefs opened 3 point favorites and became 1 point dogs in that game when Smith was declared out. also it was last year, the game was in KC and the spread was never anywhere near KC +10

http://www.oddsshark.com/nfl/san-die...28-2014-668618

a4u2fear
    TEASE IT

Quote Originally Posted by Time is Money View Post
    your memory is garbage, chiefs opened 3 point favorites and became 1 point dogs in that game when Smith was declared out. also it was last year, the game was in KC and the spread was never anywhere near KC +10

http://www.oddsshark.com/nfl/san-die...28-2014-668618

he is right and you are wrong. The game happened in 2013 and not 2014

Time is Money

Quote Originally Posted by a4u2fear View Post
    he is right and you are wrong. The game happened in 2013 and not 2014
    http://www.nfl.com/player/chasedanie...gs?season=2013

I'm not wrong you dummy, chase Daniels lost to the chargers in his only start against SD 2013

a4u2fear
    TEASE IT

Quote Originally Posted by Time is Money View Post
    http://www.nfl.com/player/chasedanie...gs?season=2013

I'm not wrong you dummy, chase Daniels lost to the chargers in his only start against SD 2013
    The line movement he was referring to was from 2013, go check from mommys computer

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

They hammered again with another winner with the over in raiders game

Time is Money

Quote Originally Posted by a4u2fear View Post
    The line movement he was referring to was from 2013, go check from mommys computer
    you're an idiot dude. he said chargers backers got burned on the ML. how if they won the fukkin game?! you're a dummy

JameisBrady
    JameisBrady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1490

story of this broke dick's life.

Renegades
    Renegades's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22206

Was 2013 and yes KC was in the game from start to finish. I made a mistake referencing the ML but the bottom line is that people typically line up to bet the teams that "need" to win and that game was a great example.

Why so much hostility?

italianbandit
    italianbandit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2767

It's always looks easier after the games are over.

The public wins half the time anyway. It's he juice that beats people.
    And compulsiveness or poor money management.

graycat40
    graycat40's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1820

Glad I found you. I really respect your comments & opinions.

12 Last