Harry N. Lloyd
    Harry N. Lloyd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12914

Can Someone Explain The Atlanta Falcons To Me......?

They are so bad that it's mind-boggling. WTF happened to them after a great start?

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Quote Originally Posted by Harry N. Lloyd View Post
    They are so bad that it's mind-boggling. WTF happened to them after a great start?
    Same damned team as they were under Mike Smith the last two seasons. Only with lipstick.

BiTeMe UsAdOj
    Profundity
    BiTeMe UsAdOj's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 716

Yeah, Arthur Blank specifically cited their lack of toughness when letting Smith go

Thing is, they're bigger candy asses NOW then ever before; no heart, no guts

Pansies of the highest order

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24932

The "great start" was an illusion. They won games against mediocre competition... games that could have easily swung either way. The truth is, this is the same team that won six games last season. The only difference is, all their wins were clustered together earlier in the year and that led to a lot of false perceptions about the team.

JuicedUp
    JuicedUp's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6172

fell off a cliff

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

I think Ryan is hurt

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Matt Ryan has always been the problem.

Guy is just a big pu$$y. Fuks things up at crucial moments of the game.

He's not a leader.

NardVa
    NardVa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10509

The Falcons GM thought the problem was Mike Smith. Bring a new coach in to coach the same lazy players. Falcons need to over haul their roster starting with Matt Ryan. He's a 100 million dollar player who isn't held accountable. Ryan should have got benched several games ago.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Munny View Post
    The "great start" was an illusion. They won games against mediocre competition... games that could have easily swung either way. The truth is, this is the same team that won six games last season. The only difference is, all their wins were clustered together earlier in the year and that led to a lot of false perceptions about the team.
    To a extent. Clearly the start was over their head and they had some good fortune but until today a case could have been made they should have won several during this skid. They had better yards per play avg in quite a few of losses, out gained other team in bout half, actually controlled a couple of them for majority of game but killed themselves w red zone turnovers and turnovers for scores. Today puts them down as gutless cowards that just collecting a check, fuckin shame they don't feel they making enough to at least provide effort. Teams can just stink all day and that fine there some shit teams in this league, but that today wasn't because panthers vastly superior talent wise, that was about entitled brats deciding they shouldn't have to work for money.

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24932

True, Bank... there were games in the win streak that could have easily been losses, and games during the slide that could have easily been wins. That being said, it all shakes out about even. The Falcons' current record accurately sums up the the state of the team.

Their offensive line has been problematic and that just trickles through to the entire offense. They also could really use another receiver to take the pressure of Julio.

Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9450

Mike Smith could get job next year based on Atlanta's season. I'd hire Mike Smith before Chuck Pagano.

RockBottom
    RockBottom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22623

Their OL is awful.

Jeep_Life 42
    Jeep_Life 42's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1274

they suck

LokcItUp
    LokcItUp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2524

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    To a extent. Clearly the start was over their head and they had some good fortune but until today a case could have been made they should have won several during this skid. They had better yards per play avg in quite a few of losses, out gained other team in bout half, actually controlled a couple of them for majority of game but killed themselves w red zone turnovers and turnovers for scores. Today puts them down as gutless cowards that just collecting a check, fuckin shame they don't feel they making enough to at least provide effort. Teams can just stink all day and that fine there some shit teams in this league, but that today wasn't because panthers vastly superior talent wise, that was about entitled brats deciding they shouldn't have to work for money.
    I think Banker is one of the best posters on this forum. With that said I have to raise a counter-argument. I think some times a team just gets rolled and it 'looks' really bad. For example, Eagles got rolled on Thanksgiving, were being accused of quitting on Chip Kelly he was going back to college etc. Then they fluke it up against Patriots next week and their effort was back! Jeff Fisher last week was talking about how people often confuse effort with execution and I think it makes a lot of sense.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

I thought Atlanta's head coach was a "master mind" on the defensive side?

Dude couldn't lead a sh#$ through an a$$hole.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Just a mediocre team with a bad offensive line

Chargers basically

johnnyvegas13
    johnnyvegas13's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 162

u can ask the same question about how they were so bad yr after nfc championship loss

just a poor franchise

Pick'nParlays
    My Wifi Name is PrettyFly4aWifi
    Pick'nParlays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 738

wish i had the answer. I expected them to at least get a shameful last minute TD like my Niners.

Julio was the first half king. I'm excited to watch what happens next.

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16121

They are the worst team in the NFL right now

Vinnie Paz
    Vinnie Paz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3413

They were never good to begin with. Played over their heads. Their roster is garbage, who are the blue chip players? Julio and trufant and the rest of those guys are nobodies. All their early season wins were flukes and they could've lost them all when they were 5-0. They should have like 3 wins right now. Back in week 5 or 6 I said they were pretenders & got laughed at. Now look

Git Lo
    Git Lo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13401

Julio is a nobody damn breaking news for sure. Matt Ryan is a fraud, he got exposed this year, guy has gotten too many chances. I actually thought high of him for a long time until this season. Fraud alert

INVEGA MAN
    INVEGA MAN's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11806

how can anyone bet this team

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15084

Quote Originally Posted by INVEGA MAN View Post
    how can anyone bet this team
    By fading them.

I'm a bit stumped too. Bucs p4p have about the same level/lack of talent across the board, but they've surged the same time the Falcons have dropped off. Kyle Shanahan was supposed to be the savior, and was for a while, but opposing teams have figured him out somehow. I think it's more than Matt Ryan, who I value higher than a lot of you do.