BuddyBear
    Update your status
    BuddyBear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4805

Is it even worth it to bet the Lions to win the SB at 100-1???

Am I wasting money here with this or is there some real value. I mean the NFC Central is weak and getting to the playoffs wouldn't be impossible for DET and anything can happen.

Anyone have an opinion or a recommendation for a SB pick?

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4639

Waste of Money bro.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Not only would that be a waste of money Double B, but even the die hard fans in Detroit who say there going to win the Superbowl every year would call you crazy.

This Lions team is just pitiful, and has absolutely no direction at all right now.

austintx05
    austintx05's Avatar Become A Pro!

complete waste

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

I bet the Lions to win the SB last year at 80-1. Luckily, I only placed a microbet which would WIN 1 unit. At 100-1 I might do the same thing this year, but it's a throwaway bet. If the Lions can get into the playoffs it might be worth hedging.

Bottom line on Super Bowl futures is that they are all probably all pretty bad bets. A lot of juice is built in to those lines, plus your money is being held for 6 months. You'd have to have a pretty huge handicapping edge to overcome those drawbacks.

crackerjack
    crackerjack's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4099

Put $1 on it just for fun...big deal. But yes, any more than that is a waste. Lions have been terrible for years!

crackerjack
    crackerjack's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4099

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00 View Post
    Bottom line on Super Bowl futures is that they are all probably all pretty bad bets. A lot of juice is built in to those lines, plus your money is being held for 6 months. You'd have to have a pretty huge handicapping edge to overcome those drawbacks.

I agree wholeheartedly agree with this statement. Same thing with totals for season wins, but not quite as much.