Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24932

Loving Me Some Denver Broncos This Week... Taking Brock to the Bank! $$$

Broncos lose two in row and suddenly they are chopped liver? I don't think so. Bears have been playing some decent ball but Denver will get back on the winning track this week. Talib is back from suspension and it looks like Manny Sanders will suit up. Only Demarcus Ware is doubtful but the Broncos can overcome that. Plus, Alshon Jeffery has been banged up all week and it's uncertain if he will even play.

As for Brock Osweiler, I'm on board. It's not like he has to shoulder the load. When has Peyton Manning really been a valuable asset this year anyways? It's the Broncos' defense that has been carrying this team and that shouldn't change. If anything, Oz should inject some life into the Denver offense. His mobility gives him an edge over the sitting duck Manning, and could even open the playbook with some rollouts and bootlegs. Plus, his arm has a pulse. Manning's is a limp pool noodle and has been hampering the passing game more than anything.

The game is essentially a pick'em and, to me, the Broncos are still the better overall team and it's not really that close. Whatever the line... +1, pk, -1, the Broncos are the play this week. Let's get it!

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

there no way brock will be any worse than noodle arm manning has been, that said not sure i wanna trust him vs the only coach in the league who probably knows what he does and doesnt do well. very good defensive coach that should know the strengths and weaknesses of a kid making his 1st start on the road isnt very appealing to me. donks defense really good of course, fox has bears playing respectable, think weather supposed to be cold and crappy, seems like a good chance it really low scoring..doubt ill be on a side but gl my man.

Eddy Munny

Good points, Bank. I just think the Broncos losing three in a row seems as unlikely as the Bears winning three in a row... and when those two possibilities converge, well, I'm betting on a regression to the mean. It's far from scientific, of course, but it works for me. Like you said, Osweiler can't be any worse than Manning at this point, and Manning was good enough to win 7 to start the year.

The real star for Denver though is the defense. I strongly suspect that Jeffery may not play in this game, or play a limited role. With Royal already out, I just don't see how the Bears are going to manufacture points against a Bronco defense close to full strength. Marquess Wilson certainly isn't gonna tow the line against that fierce secondary. This should give Osweiler a margin for error and likely some good field position. I expect him to make some downfield throws when called upon, and ultimately, Denver will get the dubya. GL to you too.

Fred The Hammer
    Fred The Hammer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8395

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    there no way brock will be any worse than noodle arm manning has been, that said not sure i wanna trust him vs the only coach in the league who probably knows what he does and doesnt do well. very good defensive coach that should know the strengths and weaknesses of a kid making his 1st start on the road isnt very appealing to me. donks defense really good of course, fox has bears playing respectable, think weather supposed to be cold and crappy, seems like a good chance it really low scoring..doubt ill be on a side but gl my man.
    If Fox was a good defensive coach then Denver would've had more people back on the 70 yd hail mary with 30 sec left in Peyton's first year. I'll never get over that play because that was Denver's year!

Fred The Hammer
    Fred The Hammer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8395

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Munny View Post
    Good points, Bank. I just think the Broncos losing three in a row seems as unlikely as the Bears winning three in a row... and when those two possibilities converge, well, I'm betting on a regression to the mean. It's far from scientific, of course, but it works for me. Like you said, Osweiler can't be any worse than Manning at this point, and Manning was good enough to win 7 to start the year.

The real star for Denver though is the defense. I strongly suspect that Jeffery may not play in this game, or play a limited role. With Royal already out, I just don't see how the Bears are going to manufacture points against a Bronco defense close to full strength. Marquess Wilson certainly isn't gonna tow the line against that fierce secondary. This should give Osweiler a margin for error and likely some good field position. I expect him to make some downfield throws when called upon, and ultimately, Denver will get the dubya. GL to you too.
    Denver is the better team but that white TE from the Bears has been going crazy and Langford gives them more big play ability then Forte had. Cutler is playing with alot more heart this year as well because I think he realizes his job as an NFL starter was about to go away. I see something like the Vikings/Bears game which was pretty tight and Minn won 23-20 if I'm not mistaken?

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by Fred The Hammer View Post
    If Fox was a good defensive coach then Denver would've had more people back on the 70 yd hail mary with 30 sec left in Peyton's first year. I'll never get over that play because that was Denver's year!
    seems pretty harsh to judge a career based off one play, lol. dude has always been a solid defensive coach and firing him for kubiak certainly wasnt a upgrade..fact of matter is donks season was about over anyways as all mannings playoff runs end early..

2daBank

i actually think donks will be far better overall with brock in instead of manning, just not sure that takes place instantly or not? id assume they will start running kubiaks offense and he will be under center which peyton refused to do. that should help the running game, im not big kubiak fan but he has always had a strong rushing attack and as you said the defense is playing at a really high level.

really wish i would have grabbed the under at 43 as that feels like the absolute high side here. i really cant disagree with donks, i do think they win as long as brock doesnt make too many mistakes. i agree even if jefferies plays he banged up and a banged up jeffery or wilson not torching this secondary, cutler has been playing really clean fb so not sure about the short fields and tend to think he less likely to make mistakes than brock mostly because fox outta have a book on defending him.. so hard for me to play unders this low these days but really think 20 about the number it takes to win this one.

VegasPlayer
    VegasPlayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6319

Followed Asswiper 4 years at ASU. He was surrounded by talent, but could not step up in the big games. Pretty good against the cupcakes on the schedule tho. 1st start in November on the road against a pro defense in that stadium. Denver D will keep it close with turnover machine Cutler, but Nope.

JayDr3am
    Handi
    JayDr3am's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8206

Broncos lose two in row and suddenly they are chopped liver? I don't think so. Bears have been playing some decent ball but Denver will get back on the winning track this week. Talib is back from suspension and it looks like Manny Sanders will suit up. Only Demarcus Ware is doubtful but the Broncos can overcome that. Plus, Alshon Jeffery has been banged up all week and it's uncertain if he will even play.

As for Brock Osweiler, I'm on board. It's not like he has to shoulder the load. When has Peyton Manning really been a valuable asset this year anyways? It's the Broncos' defense that has been carrying this team and that shouldn't change. If anything, Oz should inject some life into the Denver offense. His mobility gives him an edge over the sitting duck Manning, and could even open the playbook with some rollouts and bootlegs. Plus, his arm has a pulse. Manning's is a limp pool noodle and has been hampering the passing game more than anything.

The game is essentially a pick'em and, to me, the Broncos are still the better overall team and it's not really that close. Whatever the line... +1, pk, -1, the Broncos are the play this week. Let's get it!

bears ROLL over Denver. Denver has NO running game & will brock will be able to get it to Emmanuel & demaryius?? nah. Denver right now is a PBJ with no bread.. peyton being the bread.

Eddy Munny

Quote Originally Posted by JayDr3am View Post
    bears ROLL over Denver. Denver has NO running game & will brock will be able to get it to Emmanuel & demaryius?? nah. Denver right now is a PBJ with no bread.. peyton being the bread.
    Seriously, you're calling the Bears to ROLL over Denver on account of the fact that Manning is out? If last week's 4 interception debacle hasn't convinced you that Peyton is done, then I reckon nothing will. Manning's arm simply cannot do what his mind wants it do anymore. He's been more or less a game manager this year.

You ask will Oz get it to Manny and DT? I'm guessing he just might. Again, that's something Manning wasn't exactly doing in spades anyhow. Top to bottom, Denver is the better team. Osweiler's role behind center shouldn't hinder the offense anymore than Manning's wet spaghetti arm did, and, more than likely, Brock should prove to be an upgrade. Brandon Marshall (the Broncos' LB) has said that Osweiler has looked really good this week. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...ks-really-good

I expect that the pitiful performance against KC last week ensures that the entire Denver team will come out with a laser-like focus Sunday at Soldier Field. They know they need to get back into the win column with a visit from New England looming on deck. Denver still has a chance to secure home field throughout the AFC but losing to the Bears would only set them back further in that regard.
    Last edited by Eddy Munny; 11-20-15 at 11:32 PM.

JayDr3am
    Handi

Seriously, you're calling the Bears to ROLL over Denver on account of the fact that Manning is out? If last week's 4 interception debacle hasn't convinced you that Peyton is done, then I reckon nothing will. Manning's arm simply cannot do what his mind wants it do anymore. He's been more or less a game manager this year.

You ask will Oz get it to Manny and DT? I'm guessing he just might. Again, that's something Manning wasn't exactly doing in spades anyhow. Top to bottom, Denver is the better team. Osweiler's role behind center shouldn't hinder the offense anymore than Manning's wet spaghetti arm did, and, more than likely, Brock should prove to be an upgrade. Brandon Marshall (the Broncos' LB) has said that Osweiler has looked really good this week. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...ks-really-good

I expect that the pitiful performance against KC last week ensures that the entire Denver team will come out with a laser-like focus Sunday at Soldier Field. They know they need to get back into the win column with a visit from New England looming on deck. Denver still has a chance to secure home field throughout the AFC but losing to the Bears would only set them back further in that regard.
    dude in my eyes peyton being 96 years old.. hes played well enough to go on that winning stretch they did. AND he was playing hurt. so you gotta give him credit. you are letting the media sway you way too much on this peyton info. yeah he threw 4 picks, yeah peyton hasn't looked himself lately.. BUT the media will bring you high when you are high, but also tear ya way down when you are down.. this is why I do my research and due diligence for my picks BEFORE I listen to the media because this is exactly what they do. RIDE & BELIEVE the wave the teams are going on (panthers, Vikings, bears, tampa bay, patriots, lions) I know its hard to but RIDE IT TILL THE WHEELS FALL OFF.

Eddy Munny

I'm not even sure what you're talking about. I rarely listen to the media... just for facts, not opinions. I never watch those ESPN roundtable shows. If you're referring to the link, that's pertinent information and really has little to do with my position on the game. I just thought it was worth pointing out... the praise didn't come from a beat reporter, but a starting linebacker who probably wouldn't be compelled to gush if it weren't true.

By the way, what possessed you to include the Lions as a team to ride until the wheels fall off? Lol, they never had wheels to begin with. By that logic, I guess I should just bet every team that won last week. No thanks.

JayDr3am
    Handi

cmon dont contradict yourself you JUST posted a media-based link? ....

and what wheels??! after that win in Lambeau you don't think Detroit has wheels??! they have the juice right now. I don't expect everyone to see the severity of that win in Lambeau.. not everyone will. but that win is huge as far a temporary confidence booster. enough confidence to wanna come out and give another game 100%.

Albabbie
    Albabbie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 652

Taking the Broncos big this week as well. Chicago is NOT as good as they have been playing lately and are due for regression... Esp if Alshon Jefferey is out.

Osweiler is not a downgrade based on how Manning has played, and I expect the Broncos as a whole will play with intensity and focus after their embarrassing loss to KC.

Should be a good game, but Broncos should prevail in the end.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

nice points in this thread

Defense will dictate the game

Even if Jeffery plays Talib will single handedly take him out of the game. Jefffery is an average route runner at best. He's great once the ball is in the air, but he will have a very hard time separating from Talib imo.

Cutler will go back to his ways of chucking it up if he gets down late in the 2nd half.

No clue what to expect out of Denver offense.

I like Denver though

Eddy Munny

Survived.

Nice call on the Under, Bank. You about had the score nailed.

2daBank

Survived.

Nice call on the Under, Bank. You about had the score nailed.
    Thanx bro, nice call by you as well. Fukker got way closer than it should have been. I hope donks keep holding Peyton out, turns out I only hate him and don't have donks predijuce when he sidelined, if anything I want them to win more to diminish him further. lol.