BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Why are people so critical of Chip Kelly?

The guy is like 23-15 as a NFL head coach and will be tied for first place in the division after tonight.

Give him some time on how to figure out how to deploy their new pieces.

I hate to say this as a Cowboys fan but I think the Eagles will win the division.

Shark
    Shark's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10442

being an eagles fan, i am critical of him because he is so arrogant. No one should treat anyone that way, especially when hes never won anything in his life besides a rose bowl or two. His reasoning for all of his moves make no logical sense at all. trading mccoy because he made too much, then spending even more on mathews/murray, wouldnt call maclin back to discuss deal, then has to waste 1st rd pick replacing maclin when it could have been used to address other needs. The bradford thing... i just have so many doubts of what hes done. I will give him this year, but he's wearing the fan base thin. hes also 3-6 in his last 9 games going back to last year. I hope I am wrong on all of this, but thought i would touch on why im so critical as a fan.

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

I could say the same on flipside. Why so many people all over his sack? Ducks were a pretty high flying finesse team but always lost to smashmouth and never won big one. What's he really done in Nfl so far? Sure he's a good coach but I don't buy into hype machine without results. Far as his Nfl career goes jury still out for me but remain a skeptic over long haul. No "hate" that's not my style just being real.

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Quote Originally Posted by R.P. McMurphy View Post
    What's he really done in Nfl so far?
    Win the division and have a pretty good record over a three year period.

As for Oregon, he did a damn good job there.

I'm not saying the guy is Vince Lombardi, I'm just saying he is taking a lot of sh*t considering he has had some success and done a lot better than several other coaches in the league.

Is he cocky? Sure he is. With that said, most successful coaches are cocky.

Fred The Hammer
    Fred The Hammer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8395

Quote Originally Posted by Shark View Post
    being an eagles fan, i am critical of him because he is so arrogant. No one should treat anyone that way, especially when hes never won anything in his life besides a rose bowl or two. His reasoning for all of his moves make no logical sense at all. trading mccoy because he made too much, then spending even more on mathews/murray, wouldnt call maclin back to discuss deal, then has to waste 1st rd pick replacing maclin when it could have been used to address other needs. The bradford thing... i just have so many doubts of what hes done. I will give him this year, but he's wearing the fan base thin. hes also 3-6 in his last 9 games going back to last year. I hope I am wrong on all of this, but thought i would touch on why im so critical as a fan.
    I like the guys system and the NFL needs some new blood/new ideas. Too many retreads/retards like John Fox and Jim Caldwell getting recycled. At the same time....wtf with some of these moves like you noted. DeMarco Murray and Ryan Matthews are both usually hurt and they don't have any receivers anywhere close to the quality of Macklin or DeSean Jackson. Bradford is an upgrade over Foles but doesn't he make a ton more against the cap? Plus he's always hurt as well. Kelly plays this shit like its fantasy football. The guy isn't boring. I think Eli wins the division though! Shane Vereen was a nice addition and if Cruz ever comes back then their passing game will be incredible.

Shark

he won most of his games with andy reid's guys. He's got a long leash with the owner so he will have his shot to win with his own guys, but its been ugly so far with his squad. His whole "system" is a crock of shit because they looked the best they looked all year last week against the saints when they were using bradford under center and had tons of success offensively. Now maybe that was because it was the saints, but the line seemed much better/comfortable in that approach. they used to run 3 plays before some teams ran 1 play when foles was under center, but for some reason bradford still hasnt been able to grasp the speed/no huddle and i think thats hurt them a lot this year.

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

Yeah he's won a div that's been a HUGE mess for a decade + pretty much. Your Cowboys finally got things clicking and were best team in that div last year. Too bad bout Romo and Dez or they still might be. Marty Schottenheimer won ton of games, div titles, even a handful of playoff games and was "good" coach. But nobody gonna put him with Lombardi , Walsh, Noll , or Belicheck either.

Shark

Quote Originally Posted by Fred The Hammer View Post
    I like the guys system and the NFL needs some new blood/new ideas. Too many retreads/retards like John Fox and Jim Caldwell getting recycled. At the same time....wtf with some of these moves like you noted. DeMarco Murray and Ryan Matthews are both usually hurt and they don't have any receivers anywhere close to the quality of Macklin or DeSean Jackson. Bradford is an upgrade over Foles but doesn't he make a ton more against the cap? Plus he's always hurt as well. Kelly plays this shit like its fantasy football. The guy isn't boring. I think Eli wins the division though! Shane Vereen was a nice addition and if Cruz ever comes back then their passing game will be incredible.
    i agree on your retread/recycled coachs point. I hate when teams hire guys that have crashed and burned over and over. I dont think bradford is an upgrade over foles. I view them as equal. bradford is like 12 mill against cap, and foles was like 900k... huge difference and the eagles gave st louis a 2nd rd pick along with foles. feels like eagles should have gotten the pick for taking the salary. if bradford doesnt turn it around they will be in the same boat as they were.. still looking for a qb.

KRIT
    KRIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20358

It's the NFL, if you aren't doing well, you are going to get heat. Especially when you ship out half of the roster and get rid of your "best" players.

It won't matter in the end, Eagles will win the division easily. Chips job will be safe thanks to the garbage division known as the NFC East.

Shark

i hope you're right about the division, but people arent really interested in divisions in town. This team isnt scaring anyone come january. They want that elusive super bowl, but i supposed another division is a start.

mtofell
    mtofell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4680

I'd say it's because he doesn't do ANYTHING to be liked. He seems to have a Bill Belichek quality of not giving a rat's ass and that pisses people off.

Out here in Oregon the local sports show guys still make fun of him regularly with some clips of him whining. I'm excited to see how things go with his "experiment". He's either going to be a revolutionary genius or laughed out of the NFL (maybe back to college at USC?).