Betpoints: 10

Men Sign In If You Think NFL Is Beatable

YES

Mike Corbin
    Pro

Ratpack
    Ratpack's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1777

nope too much parity anybody could beat anybody on a given today college much easier to cap because theres a difference in talent

DrunkHorseplayer
    Redskins forever
    DrunkHorseplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19443

Very beatable but one must be very selective.
    Points Awarded:

Blazermaniac gave DrunkHorseplayer 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: R.P. McMurphy

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

Hardest sport so why do they say its the heaviest bet upon? Youd think the hardest sport to win at would have the least amount of bettors, gamblers are suckers, no?

shaunovery
    shaunovery's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 103

Yes to a degree

EspicAlly totals and ml
    Points Awarded:

Blazermaniac gave shaunovery 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

It's why you get almost any amount you want in Vegas on NFL side

DJ Dana
    DJ Dana's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 241

It is definitely beatable but there are many, many ways to waste your money through betting emotionally and also chasing bets after you've lost (which is also emotional betting really). I've almost tripled my money this NFL season but it took me until week #6 to do it. Unfortunately I don't bet nearly the amounts I used to back a few years back (marriage will do that to you lol).

I've been thinking about posting a "best practices" thread where we could all share the most profitable ways to gamble on the NFL. May still do it.

ByeShea
    ByeShea's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11484

Yes.

Especially with 3-team teases.

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

Drunkhorse and Dana spot on What kills most is they fall into the traps they mentioned.

Fthestockmarket
    Fthestockmarket's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 577

Any sport is beatable with good money management. Lines are set to get even money and get the books a sure win, not because they're the true odds of the game. When there's a difference between a line and the true odds there's an edge available and it is beatable. It's not that you have to be smarter than the books, because the books line setting goal is different than the gamblers decision of what side of a line to take.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Andy Dalton is a Ho mo

Blazermaniac
    Blazermaniac's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1027

Get yourself a good system. Stay within that system and beat 'em week in and week out. Took 5 years adding and filtering my system. 80% proof. Add the chase system to it and have never lost money.

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head
    DOM_Toretto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 989

Beatable when I only bet 2-3 games per week. Losable when I bet 10

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3369

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    Hardest sport so why do they say its the heaviest bet upon? Youd think the hardest sport to win at would have the least amount of bettors, gamblers are suckers, no?
    All the games are on Sunday afternoons,best time.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

Quote Originally Posted by packerd_00 View Post
    All the games are on Sunday afternoons,best time.
    Yes and its simply been around forever, most popular and there are only 16 regular season games. I just laugh at the people from week to week who are so sure of this team beating that team because that team sucks and this team is very good and no way they lose, rinse and repeat week after week. Got to treat this league like a stock, buy low, sell high, when a team wins good their rating is going to be nudged up a little every time they win so they are bound to be overpriced at some point, just like a graph where there are peaks and valleys. Without looking I bet people are hitting up Seattle this week but it will go back down towards game time or vice versa. Arizona fooled alot of people with that record and Pitt with travel, barely winning and Vick at qb bamboozled many Im sure. Atl on Thursday sucked the masses in I bet. I used to try to explain to my girlfriend how all of these teams are "good", players under a microscope like slaves during the draft, the pick of the litter and how the "best" of teams lose to the "worst" of teams on Sundays. I usually bet small pregame on a few games and do most live, Ive always done well that way.
    Last edited by jtoler; 10-19-15 at 01:44 PM.
    Points Awarded:

packerd_00 gave jtoler 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: packerd_00, and oChRoNiCo

blackHIPPY
    THESE NIGGAS PLANKTON
    blackHIPPY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1610

Yes it is

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 90060

Iv'e proven it is for years here.

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 90060

Quote Originally Posted by DOM_Toretto View Post
    Beatable when I only bet 2-3 games per week. Losable when I bet 10
    Correct...

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7333

You can't win betting nfl sides. It's just for the rush.

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 660

I agree 100%, anyone who bets numerous games every Sunday and says they are profitable is a liar.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11546

I pretty much lose every year betting NFL when it's all said and done but I I do have my winning moment spurts of success.. I typically win every year in all other sports. Go figure that?

NFL kicks my arse!!! My favorite sport though to watch above all others... I'm screwed..

I need to tail a winner for an entire season of play one of these years.. The Prick and his contest picks did help me have winning weeks in 1 and 2 betting real money, lost my ass last weekend and played conservative this week and up now..

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11546

Quote Originally Posted by ByeShea View Post
    Yes.

Especially with 3-team teases.
    I'm gonna try some 3 team teasers next week with the top teams... I gotta away from trying those...

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3369

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    Yes and its simply been around forever, most popular and there are only 16 regular season games. I just laugh at the people from week to week who are so sure of this team beating that team because that team sucks and this team is very good and no way they lose, rinse and repeat week after week. Got to treat this league like a stock, buy low, sell high, when a team wins good their rating is going to be nudged up a little every time they win so they are bound to be overpriced at some point, just like a graph where there are peaks and valleys. Without looking I bet people are hitting up Seattle this week but it will go back down towards game time or vice versa. Arizona fooled alot of people with that record and Pitt with travel, barely winning and Vick at qb bamboozled many Im sure. Atl on Thursday sucked the masses in I bet. I used to try to explain to my girlfriend how all of these teams are "good", players under a microscope like slaves during the draft, the pick of the litter and how the "best" of teams lose to the "worst" of teams on Sundays. I usually bet small pregame on a few games and do most live, Ive always done well that way.
    Shit man I hear exactly what your saying,I use to bet alot of the home favourites when I first started out,soon realized that's a losing formula.
    Last edited by packerd_00; 10-19-15 at 02:39 PM.

bferony
    bferony's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 413

I think if you just bet one 13pt nfl teaser a week you should turn a profit

i am 5-1 with these but i unforteately i am an action junkie .

bhoor
    bhoor's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3547

It is beatable. But pick 3 games per week at max.

WWCD
    Winner Winner Chicken Dinner
    WWCD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 663

In my opinion, you have to be in control to win long term.

Meaning, no parlays, no teasers, no all-ins, no chasing etc. (Although these damn teasers and parlays keep working for me, so I been on them lately.)

Live Betting can be dangerous although fruitful if under control.

Twiz
    Twiz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1018

Avoid primetime unless you have a great read...keep it to 5-6 plays or less weekly...bet bigger when you have a bigger edge...very beatable.

WWCD
    Winner Winner Chicken Dinner
    WWCD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 663

Quote Originally Posted by Twiz View Post
    Avoid primetime unless you have a great read...keep it to 5-6 plays or less weekly...bet bigger when you have a bigger edge...very beatable.
    I totally agree with this although I've been doing better lately. If I just stop betting prime time games, I would be doing so much better.

Ra77er
    Ra77er's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yu probably need to be running some sort of model that spits out a historical number and then getting the best number possible. Gut bettors are heros one week and zeros the next. Baseball, hockey, somewhat NCAABB are juanderful with the amount of data available but even having data doesn't mean profits.

Yu have to have a good knowledge of the market to get the best number you can or manipulate it somehow to get a better number. Throw in the entertainment factor and interesting calls on the field and well it is probably hard to consistently crush NFL.

Some guys probably do/have beat the NFL without running a model but I would attribute that more to sharp market instincts or having access to some information that others do not have. Touts certainly abuse this kind of thing to make money. No one makes perfect bets nor has all the pieces to the puzzle. Good luck Chargers all in.

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7892

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 3 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Ra77er, KVB, and aston

Rookie-Capper
    Rookie-Capper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3446

mon

by far my best sport-yes

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

Very beatable Name:  image.jpg
Views: 234
Size:  36.3 KB

Ra77er
    Ra77er's Avatar Become A Pro!

Whats SBR rating on 1betvegas I wonder? Paco why do you like that book?

http://www.1betvegas.org/1betvegas-s...am-warning.php

EDIT: Dealing with a local is probably preferable than some online books
    Last edited by Ra77er; 10-19-15 at 05:49 PM.

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Signing in.

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

Quote Originally Posted by Ra77er View Post
    Whats SBR rating on 1betvegas I wonder? Paco why do you like that book?

http://www.1betvegas.org/1betvegas-s...am-warning.php

EDIT: Dealing with a local is probably preferable than some online books
    Yea it's a local razzer. Only negative is account zero's out after Sunday night instead of Monday night.

12 Last