Pickem2win
    Pickem2win's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4912

Seahawks vs Bengals

Interesting stat: in the Russell Wilson era they have played 4 monday night football games and won all of them. The FOLLOWING week Russell Wilsons passer rating falls dramatically..He has been 45, 47, 56 and 60 and guess what? The Seahawks are 1-3 in those 4 games following Monday Night Football. Last seasons loss to the Cowboys was one of them.

Jeep_Life 42
    Jeep_Life 42's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1274

Quote Originally Posted by Pickem2win View Post
    Interesting stat: in the Russell Wilson era they have played 4 monday night football games and won all of them. The FOLLOWING week Russell Wilsons passer rating falls dramatically..He has been 45, 47, 56 and 60 and guess what? The Seahawks are 1-3 in those 4 games following Monday Night Football. Last seasons loss to the Cowboys was one of them.
    Bengals -2.5...end of story Seahawks coming off a dramatic win on MNF...short week and coming across country to face so far one of the. Eat teams in the league..smells like a disaster for them!

Cross44
    Update your status
    Cross44's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 698

I lean Seahawks at +3 but would probably pass. The vig is moving in the Hawks favor, and if game day pushes it to +3.5 -115 or better, I'm on the Hawks for at least 1.5units.

I'll take this Seattle D vs Andy Dalton in his comfort zone if you give me a FG+. Dalton hasn't been hurried all year, and I think Seattle D is another level of class vs the opponents they've been facing. I'm not expecting much out of the Hawks offense given their O-line, but Russell Wilson has that magic to to single-handily manufacture at least 1-2 drives a game. If the Seattle D rattles Dalton into a few turnovers, I see a competitive game.

Mr. Selassie
    Mr. Selassie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

Quote Originally Posted by Cross44 View Post
    I lean Seahawks at +3 but would probably pass. The vig is moving in the Hawks favor, and if game day pushes it to +3.5 -115 or better, I'm on the Hawks for at least 1.5units.

I'll take this Seattle D vs Andy Dalton in his comfort zone if you give me a FG+. Dalton hasn't been hurried all year, and I think Seattle D is another level of class vs the opponents they've been facing. I'm not expecting much out of the Hawks offense given their O-line, but Russell Wilson has that magic to to single-handily manufacture at least 1-2 drives a game. If the Seattle D rattles Dalton into a few turnovers, I see a competitive game.
    Seahawks Defensive Stats (per game):
    Total yards: 278.8 (2nd)
    Passing yards: 190.2 (5th)
    Rushing yards: 88.5 (7th)
    Points per game: 17.8 (3rd)

That looks good, but if you exclude their game against the Jimmy Clausen led Bears, this is where they stand numbers wise:
    Total yards: 323 (10th)
    Passing yards: 237 (15th)
    Rushing yards: 85 (5th)
    Points per game: 23 (18th)

I know every game counts, but I think their home game vs Chicago was an outlier. And yea they looked good vs Detroit, but Detroit's offense is dead last in rushing yards per game, 30th in total yards, and 29th in scoring on the season. I don't think the Seahawks D is anything special this year, but their reputation precedes them...

Cross44
    Update your status
    Cross44's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 698

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Selassie View Post
    I know every game counts, but I think their home game vs Chicago was an outlier. And yea they looked good vs Detroit, but Detroit's offense is dead last in rushing yards per game, 30th in total yards, and 29th in scoring on the season. I don't think the Seahawks D is anything special this year, but their reputation precedes them...
    I mean which part of their defense do you think is worse this year? It's basically the same unit, still in their prime, minus Maxwell (who looks like a wet fart in Philly without LoB).

If you single out Chicago, you could do the same the other way and say Seahawks first two games were in extremely hostile conditions without one of their top defensive players in Chancellor. I think people right now genuinely believe Dalton's a new man after 4 games with no QB pressure, but I wanna see him handle this Seattle defense at home before I anoint him.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

I think AJ green is going to shred Carey Williams when he lines up on that side. That is a disaster waiting to happen. Calvin burned him frequently on MNF, stafford could not deliver the ball.

Mr. Selassie
    Mr. Selassie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

Touche Cross44. Either way i have faith that the Bengals will put up some points here. Theyre completely healthy and rollin on all cylinders, and i have no faith in a seahawks offense that has looked suspect at best to this point due to oline injuries and lynch being out.

Also the Bengals are 15-2-1 in their last 18 home games, and 14 of those wins were by more than 3 points. The other win was exactly 3 against the ravens or the steelers, cant remember which. Im taking Cincy all day