GoBlue77
    GoBlue77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19052

Cant bat the ball out of the end zone???....wrong

Even Steve Young and Ray were like uh what are you talking about. That head ref doesn't know what he's talking about.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

I think you can, Ive seen it done many times, punters do it why not the other guys.

GoBlue77

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    I think you can, Ive seen it done many times, punters do it why not the other guys.
    I've seen that a 1000 times. never been called ever or TALKED ABOUT. Head ref in the booth is a moron

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

He's on ESPN now saying Lions should have gotten the ball back at the 1, maybe he's right, glad it wasnt called that way though.

GoBlue77

He's on ESPN now saying Lions should have gotten the ball back at the 1, maybe he's right, glad it wasnt called that way though.
    old man needs taken out to the pasture, he wrong.

msetai
    msetai's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1366

thats messed up

catch23
    catch23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1254

Quote Originally Posted by GoBlue77 View Post
    old man needs taken out to the pasture, he wrong.

Learn the difference between a touchback and a safety you dolt. It is in the rule book.

Mike Huntertz
    Mike Huntertz's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22592

After Kam Chancellor forced the Calvin Johnson fumble near the goal line, KJ Wright batted the ball in the end zone over the back line. Wright's play was illegal, according to Dean Blandino, head of NFL officiating, and thus the Lions should have gotten the ball back at half yard line

jimmy007oc
    jimmy007oc's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15052

That was a foul. You can't intentional bat a ball out of bound. The refs messed the game up big time.

Mike Huntertz
    Mike Huntertz's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22592

Yes, but no opposing player had touched the ball first.

FUqer
    FUqer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 861

SECTION 4 ILLEGAL BATS AND KICKSARTICLE 1. ILLEGAL BAT. It is an illegal bat if:

(a) any player bats or punches a loose ball in the field of play toward his opponent’s goal line
    (b) any player bats or punches a loose ball (that has touched the ground) in any direction, if it is in either end zone
    (c) an offensive player bats a backward pass in flight toward his opponent’s goal line

Exception: A forward pass in flight may be tipped, batted, or deflected in any direction by any eligible player at any time.

Note: If a forward pass that is controlled by a player prior to completing the catch is thrown forward, it is an illegal bat. If itis caught by a teammate or intercepted by an opponent, the ball remains alive. If it is not caught, the ball is dead when ithits the ground.

Penalty: For illegal batting or punching the ball: Loss of 10 yards.
    Article 2. Illegally Kicking Ball. No player may deliberately kick a loose ball or a ball that is in a player’s possession.

Penalty: For illegally kicking the ball: Loss of 10 yards. If the foul is by Team A before possession changes during ascrimmage down: Loss of down and loss of 10 yards except for a foul by Team A beyond the line of scrimmageduring a scrimmage kick, in which case there is no loss of down.

Notes:
    (1) If a loose ball is unintentionally touched by any part of a player’s leg (including the knee), it is not considered kickingand is treated as touching.
    (2) If the penalty for an illegal bat or kick is declined, the procedure is the same as though the ball had been muffed.However, if the act (impetus) sends the ball behind a goal line, 3-17 applies.
    (3) The penalty for Articles 1 and 3 does not preclude a penalty for a palpably unfair act. See Palpably Unfair Act (12-3-3).
    (4) The ball is not dead when an illegal kick is recovered.
    Last edited by FUqer; 10-05-15 at 11:28 PM.

JameisBrady
    JameisBrady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1490

lmao OP got bodied in his own thread.

GoBlue77

Quote Originally Posted by catch23 View Post
    Learn the difference between a touchback and a safety you dolt. It is in the rule book.
    I've seen that EXACT play 1000 times. not the touchback punter situation you are talking about

how many rules are in the rulebook that have never been called in the history of the league lol?

stay off the retard pills noob

catch23

it gets called all the time, several times a year f@g.

GoBlue77

Quote Originally Posted by JameisBrady View Post
    lmao OP got bodied in his own thread.
    still here. adults talking, go to bed kid

GoBlue77

it gets called all the time, several times a year f@g.
    raped. never been called once. go back to sucking cawk

catch23

now the argument goes from "steve young and ray rice never heard of it" to "never been call once". you like 12....ya. fawk off. its in the rule book. NFL will apologize tomorrow. google search illegal touching, several vids pop up of the ones that were recorded for whatever purpose. Happened in 2 vikings games last year alone.

FUqer

I thought I saw it happen before also, but I've also seen punters, just run out of bounds and that's not illegal. My memory isn't that good to remember if there was or wasn't a flag, I want to say no. It could also be a new rule, they've added so many new rules lately, in order to give even more control to the refs.

I don't think there is any reason to bash each other, it's just a football discussion.

CTOWNsCAPPIN
    Update your status
    CTOWNsCAPPIN's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 34

It most definitely should have been a penalty. Why do these posters come in here saying otherwise and having no idea what the rule really is? Ignorance

catch23

Punters get a safety regardless. They don't throw 2 flags, one for illegal touching and one for a safety. A flag for illegal touching would result in a safety anyhow, so they just mention the safety. I knew it when I seen it, but when they didn't call it I thought maybe it was one of those rules they changed this season.

meyer0416
    meyer0416's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7154

punters get a safety regardless. They don't throw 2 flags, one for illegal touching and one for a safety. A flag for illegal touching would result in a safety anyhow, so they just mention the safety. I knew it when i seen it, but when they didn't call it i thought maybe it was one of those rules they changed this season.

exactly!!

GoBlue77

Quote Originally Posted by CTOWNsCAPPIN View Post
    It most definitely should have been a penalty. Why do these posters come in here saying otherwise and having no idea what the rule really is? Ignorance
    anyone with a browns avatar shouldn't call anyone ignorant. you clearly have your own issues.

yes its in the rulebook. yes it was a bat. yes it should have a penalty. yes its happened a 1000 times before and NOT been called. exact same situation. if it never gets called how is it a rule?

if a tree falls in a forest, does it make a sound, if no one is around. NFL says no

peace

GoBlue77

Punters get a safety regardless. They don't throw 2 flags, one for illegal touching and one for a safety. A flag for illegal touching would result in a safety anyhow, so they just mention the safety. I knew it when I seen it, but when they didn't call it I thought maybe it was one of those rules they changed this season.
    you're hung up about the ball flying over the punters head or them just batting the ball out for a safety. no duh.

I've seen other instances of the offensive player fumbling into the end zone and the defense did the same thing Cam Chancellor did. bat. no call.

catch23

Just because they might have missed it that time or another time doesn't make this instance any less of a missed foul. I've seen it many times where it was "overt" and they called it. Official said he didn't feel it was "overt". Now he is changing his tune and NFL will apologize and nothing will change, Lions will still suck and life goes on. But there was a foul where you said there wasn't.

FUqer

Listening to radio and they said, this happened 2 years ago and the refs threw the flag and got it right.

JameisBrady

Quote Originally Posted by GoBlue77 View Post
    still here. adults talking, go to bed kid

you got bodied. go to bed kid.

JameisBrady

Quote Originally Posted by FUqer View Post
    I thought I saw it happen before also, but I've also seen punters, just run out of bounds and that's not illegal. My memory isn't that good to remember if there was or wasn't a flag, I want to say no. It could also be a new rule, they've added so many new rules lately, in order to give even more control to the refs.

I don't think there is any reason to bash each other, it's just a football discussion.
    it's ok for punters to do it because they are on the same team as the one that just had possession.

ZINISTER
    ZINISTER's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4786

Biotch thread started by a piece of arguing shyt. GoBlow focks everybody elses threads up with his troll talk. Fock off you punk fock!! And the rest of you troll focks. The refs focked up big time what's the punishment? Given another assignment to fix the next game. C'mon man this shyt is a fockin joke at this point. NFL better reel it in a bit or they will lose the real football fanatics and be left with the people who want to be entertained. They have to stage these fixes a little better for some of us. Not the people on here, but for some of us.You know nothing but how to stir up an arguement. Enjoy