WildBillCappin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 194

Why are the Eagles only +2 1\2 ?

Can you guys enlighten me?

keely85
    Update your status
    keely85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 104

A team that can't get it's offense going with a lost QB, against a team with the highest turnover ratio by like 6 and top defense? Also I think Fitzpatrick and Marshall are working together well now.
    Points Awarded:

solareclipse33 gave keely85 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

solareclipse33
    solareclipse33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 76

idk but you would have to think jets roll

WWCD
    Winner Winner Chicken Dinner
    WWCD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 663

Teams make adjustments.

See Week 2 results.

WildBillCappin
    WildBillCappin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 194

Yeah but i dont see Eagles making an adjustment. You saw there problems week one. They did nothing to get better for week 2. Im thinking this line should be philly +5 1/2

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

Got worse wk 2! At least 2h vs Atl they were moving ball at will when refs weren't holding them back. Boys defense much stiffer than Atl though and Jets should be another formidable 1. That entire offense in disarray at moment and line does not give time to let plays development creating havoc for an unsettled Bradford and playmakers.

terpkeg
    terpkeg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2428

In my experience it takes books a while to adjust off of their original NFL power numbers. Before Jets-Colts game most had hun -1.5 to -2.5 Eagles. I think this one is way off. Jets defense may be best in the league. Veteran o-line with a couple pro bowlers, top 30 WR talent. While I do not expect the O to light it up every week, they shouldn't have to. Figured you would get -3.5, or -3-25.

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head
    DOM_Toretto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 989

Typical SBR overreaction. The jets beat the colts but it was actually a very close game, even with Andre Johnson tipping up an INT to the jets, Frank Gore 'spiking the football prematurely', and a desperate Luck throwing to Revis. Add in the injuries, boneheaded plays and terrible play calling, and they were still within one score for most of the game.
    Points Awarded:

WildBillCappin gave DOM_Toretto 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

WWWBUKTN
    Update your status
    WWWBUKTN's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1351

I've bet against the Eagles the last two weeks but this is the week the Eagle soars.

POOLSIDE
    POOLSIDE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 586

Wrong team favored

Ebumdude
    HTX
    Ebumdude's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1843

Demarco Murray left practice early today with a hammy injury. Questionable for Sunday.

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out
    MoMoneyMoVaughn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4547

...cuz they are bad?

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

Yeah I'm just not a believer in Chip ultimately. Style he wants to play probably better suited for talent he let go lol. It's never been done before and Chip won't be breaking any new ground here either. This gimmicky style just isn't suited for pro football. It didn't work for him in college either vs smash mouth teams , and pretty much all finesse teams fail in college. Not sure why people think it's gonna dazzle and bring trophies in nfl?!?

Give me smash mouth and win in trenches over this crap any day which is why this is another mismatch much like Cowpokes was for Philly. Unless this team really pulls it together I'm just not buying it with this bunch. Now down Murray, and Kiko too boot! Not in a million years would I bet Iggles in spot like this. Only "decent" angle to play here is Jets off big mnf road win , but I don't see a football angle coming from field I like. Lol

dlunc3
    dlunc3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1076

Obviously a different team and different season, but see eagles week 7 and 8 in 2013 (put up 3 and 7 points) and then look at the weeks following these games. You are right though, the jets d could very well prevent that from happening again

PorkChop
    PorkChop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 601

Betting on an overachieving Monday Night winning team the following Sunday against a desperate 0-2 team..Good Luck

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

That my 1 angle Porkchop for liking Philly lol. Not enough though and I don't trust Fitz over long haul just too mistake prone. Had to pick a side though no way it's Philly! Similar "angle" play that better probably KC. Doubt they win at lambeau on mnf but I would be interested in +7 there for sure. GB avenging playoff defeat won't be up for this "as much". Last time we saw KC wow what a train wreck. Gonna have over wk half though to get taste outta their mouths and they have a good enough front 7 on D , and solid enough offense vs suspect Pack D to keep that one tight!

PorkChop
    PorkChop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 601

Is anyone really going to be shocked if the Eagles drop 30 on the Jets.

This is their season here, Im just too hard pressed to see the Eagles not coming out with some sort of fire. This team will be anything but dull and flat Sunday. Jets offense will have to vastly improve from Monday Night, those touchdowns left for field-goals wont fly this week.

POOLSIDE
    POOLSIDE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 586

Quote Originally Posted by R.P. McMurphy View Post
    That my 1 angle Porkchop for liking Philly lol. Not enough though and I don't trust Fitz over long haul just too mistake prone. Had to pick a side though no way it's Philly! Similar "angle" play that better probably KC. Doubt they win at lambeau on mnf but I would be interested in +7 there for sure. GB avenging playoff defeat won't be up for this "as much". Last time we saw KC wow what a train wreck. Gonna have over wk half though to get taste outta their mouths and they have a good enough front 7 on D , and solid enough offense vs suspect Pack D to keep that one tight!
    Your other angle should be that the Jets play in London next week. Combine that with them coming off a Monday night blowout and they're in a horrific spot against a team that's capable and desperate. I don't know how anyone can play the Jets here.
    Last edited by POOLSIDE; 09-24-15 at 11:15 AM.

keely85
    Update your status
    keely85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 104

Not sure how big that matters in the immediate. They'll prob play like shit IN London. Won't they have a bye week after London? Prob more incentive to play hard and then get a week off. Won't touch this for any amount : /

FlyinAir
    SDQL
    FlyinAir's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 221

Quote Originally Posted by WildBillCappin View Post
    Can you guys enlighten me?

Because they want you to take it

Bmac98
    Bmac98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

This line definitely feels like some kind of trap, because the more I look into the Eagles the more and more I want to take the Jets... They have a QB learning a new system, who has a total QBR of 24 the first 2 weeks (I am not sold on the Cowboys D, their #s look good but they have played brain dead Eli and this Eagle Offense). Demarco Murray has 11 (E-L-V-E-N, just in case you thought there was a number missing) rushing yards on the season. Plus, 2 new starting offensive guards. Their only sign of life has been through Jordan Matthews, but he will be on Revis Island... Now the Eagles go and play in New York, against what looks like a top 3 D... I've been seeing people say take the Eagles, but there is no way. I am all over -2.5 and the under.... Since I posted this the Eagles will probably clear the over by themselves, but it seems like the Jets are in a good spot....

NFLGameInsights
    NFLGameInsights's Avatar Become A Pro!

*NYJ are 12-5-1 ATS @ hamoe after playing on MNF since 1998
    * NYJ are 10-0 over in Game 3 of the regular seaon since 2005

I'm taking the J-E-T-S, Jets, Jets, Jets and the Over.

dlunc3
    dlunc3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1076

Quote Originally Posted by NFLGameInsights View Post
    *NYJ are 12-5-1 ATS @ hamoe after playing on MNF since 1998
    * NYJ are 10-0 over in Game 3 of the regular seaon since 2005

I'm taking the J-E-T-S, Jets, Jets, Jets and the Over.
    Those stats have as much impact on this game as you and I do.

jets2580
    jets2580's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 576

Revis matched up against Jordan Matthews, Cro against Riley Cooper, Skrine against Agohlor, and Gilchrist against Ertz with their stout front 7 against the Eagles trash run game and they are home. How can anyone expect the eagles to score more than 10-13 points? Also, Maxwell is guaranteed to let up one huge play to Marshall. I think the play is quite obvious

Bdolan33
    Bdolan33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2224

Desperation isnt a factor in Eagles losing.

Adonis70
    Adonis70's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8409

the eagles win the game outright, thats why..
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: POOLSIDE