SportsLockPicks
    SportsLockPicks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 562

NFL Week 1 Survivor Pool. Post Your Play And Why...

This is one of the toughest weeks I've seen in years, let alone it being the first week. Just seeing where some of your heads are at and why. It's usually too early to get crafty, but like I said, this week is a toughy. I'm leaning one way, but still can't pull the trigger. It's a $100 pool with over 125 players and counting. Please post your plays and thoughts here. My leans...

Arizona Cardinals

New York Jets

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Patriots easy. Brady is back with a chip on his shoulder, champs homecoming a good TNF trend. Bell out for Pitts.

SportsLockPicks

Ok cool, I like that, but I'd really like to save the Pats for later in the season. Anyone else?

brellis23
    Update your status
    brellis23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5621

Dolphins or Packers. Having a tough time pulling the trigger on one or the other.

Jeff_Black
    Jeff_Black's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5068

Do you guys just do point spreads or h2h?

If I had to take a spread it'd probably be Denver -4 atm. Dont trust the division favourites and the others are neither here nor there in form for me. I think one of the teams will burn everyone like the Patriots did last year. That's my big worry with GB but everything points to the fact they SHOULD win. *shrug*

WildCelticsFan
    Update your status
    WildCelticsFan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11919

I like eagles.

WWCD
    Winner Winner Chicken Dinner
    WWCD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 663

Pats - Too many obvious reasons.
    AZ - Underrated, at home, good defense against an Overrated team, on the road, with a struggling defense and a depleted offense.

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

Tampa, may not get a better time to use them. Marathon not sprint. Now I will put my head between my legs and kiss my ass goodbye.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Quote Originally Posted by SportsLockPicks View Post
    Ok cool, I like that, but I'd really like to save the Pats for later in the season. Anyone else?
    Fair point about the Patriots. Broncos were my choice before Brady was reinstated, burn Peyton ASAP IMHO.

SportsLockPicks

I hate to use New England this early, but now I'm thinking is the safest play. Almost every other spread is a pickem were it played on a neutral field.