will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!
    will2survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

Someone enlighten me; Is New England and Brady "above the NFL Law?"

I haven't been thinking about the whole Brady thing and haven't examined the facts except for what we already knew about the footballs and his knowledge of the deflation.

I know it's a court decision, but the NFL certainly doesn't want to ruffle Brady's feathers as he's one of the greatest players in NFL history and New England has a dynasty going. Could ratings come into play for the supposed suspension, especially the 1st game in the NFL Regular Season on national television?

It's like time and time again, this team thinks that they're above the rules and appears to get away with it and quite frankly, I'm sick of it. I love where Tom Brady has come from. He was overlooked at the draft and Drew Henson got the nod ahead of him at Michigan. I love that he proved everyone wrong, but cheating with these minor edges isn't the answer.

He shouldn't be able to play for the first 2-4 weeks of the season in my opinion. I haven't read any other posts. I apologize. I'm just trying to get a gauge of why he get's away with "cheating"? Anyone?

Scorpion
    Update your status
    Scorpion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15377

nfl fuckd up, the guy nfl hired never asked the ball boys how many years they have been deflating the footballs?

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.
    MUHerd37's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10678

He didn't do anything wrong.

Walulu
    Walulu's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3239

A belief that something occurred is not proof. That's all there is to it. Obviously ratings plays no part in this decision. If that were an issue for the NFL they never levy this punishment in the first place or if so then they back it down at some point in the last several months.

OckertCR
    OckertCR's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 823

There is no NFL law. Goodell makes shit up as he goes

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

The judge ruled that Rodger isn't above the law and can't make up the rules as he goes along.

the_orangekat
    the_orangekat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Innocent man found innocent, move the F on with your own sorry lives.

manny24
    pay Bobby
    manny24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 649

agreed

the opener has been corrected

who is going to middle this fukkin thing ??/!??!?!?

lucky prikks

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I agree think The guy did nothing wrong

KingHutch
    KingHutch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 700

Waste of a thread

DrunkHorseplayer
    Redskins forever
    DrunkHorseplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19539

The judge didn't rule Brady innocent; he ruled that the CBA doesn't allow Goodell to discipline for being aware of others' misconduct and for failing to cooperate. He escaped on a technicality but it's not over, the NFL is appealing and it would be interesting if the appeal was ruled on around Week 15 or 16.

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6826

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHorseplayer View Post
    The judge didn't rule Brady innocent; he ruled that the CBA doesn't allow Goodell to discipline for being aware of others' misconduct and for failing to cooperate. He escaped on a technicality but it's not over, the NFL is appealing and it would be interesting if the appeal was ruled on around Week 15 or 16.
    yes, Brady was "liberated" from the suspension... big difference from being found "innocent". but the naive will believe the first thing they read

judge ruled that commish made up suspension for the penalty when in the past there was no precedent set for said crimes. basically no where in the current CBA did it state a suspension could be given for not cooperating / hindering investigation / destruction of evidence...

if the NFL loses appeal and it is finally over for good, the NFL will once again update penalty section in CBA as they did after the R Rice debacle

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.
    GUMMO77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1726

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00 View Post
    The judge ruled that Rodger isn't above the law and can't make up the rules as he goes along.

This

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

Of course the Nfl is appealing to save face at this point and they wasted a ton of $$ hiring dipshit for the investigation. Seriously at this point appeal all you want Roger dodger is any judge gonna take this seriously and overrule? I highly doubt it but thanks for playing Rog

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

I guess worse case scenario moving forward would be like the great Al Davis who took the league to court a couple times and never lost. From then on the league certainly never did him any favors and biased against the Raiders. These ego maniacs don't like being humiliated so don't be surprised maybe if Brady gets hit some with zebras backs turned figuratively speaking or they get hosed on a B.s. call in January like Detroit etc.

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

Whole thing was a joke and witch hunt from go street. If this had been Andy Dalton or Alex Smith etc nobody would have given a shit or even ratted them out. What Falcons were caught doing was worse on cheating scale but that story lasted all of 5 seconds because they are nobodies. Since Jan been dozens of ex/current players come out and admit to cheating as well but nobody cares. They just want their villian Brady because he's the best. And I'm not a Pats fan by any means just look at this matter from unbiased viewpoint. I bet 90% of butthurt whiners out their are looking at this case with their heart not their eyes or brain.

Mase of Base
    Mase of Base's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 804

Seems the NFL suits thought they were above the law, turns out they should sit back in their cushy leather recliners and stick to what they know (counting money). Funny those fat cats have embarrassed themselves though and I really, really dislike the whole NE organisation.

rkelly110
    rkelly110's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10564

Not once through this whole shmeal, did anyone bring up that the quarterback picks his own game balls?

Referees rarely check for pressure.

Proof was when the ball was intercepted and checked to be under pressure. Was found the other balls were under
    pressure too. Don't remember that being brought up in the hearing.

I think Brady is knowingly guilty and flat out lied about under inflating, knowing full well no one will check ball
    pressures. Everything is legal until you get caught.

When it's cold, the balls are hard. Letting air out will soften them up for better grip.

I guarantee from here on out, all game balls will be checked.

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

Well Ian Rappaport said on SB Sunday 11 of 12 were just a tick off. Coincidence who knows but the only one off by decent margin just happened to be the one the Colts had on their sideline after the pick so who's to say they didn't tamper with it? End of day just a dumb rule I think and too much micro managing going on. I've heard sports scientists in recent months say it ultimately is no big deal but if anything going under by much is a disadvantage for a QB. Game is won between the lines and all about execution ultimately whether you have a ball 11.5 psi or 13 should make no difference in outcome.

Bostongambler
    Bostongambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14260

Quote Originally Posted by Walulu View Post
    A belief that something occurred is not proof. That's all there is to it. Obviously ratings plays no part in this decision. If that were an issue for the NFL they never levy this punishment in the first place or if so then they back it down at some point in the last several months.
    Exactly!!! Where was there any evidence at all? Nfl can't just say we know he did it.

I'm actually really surprised they put Brady through the ringer at all over this. He has been nothing but a Huge plus for the league.