Tricky
    Tricky's Avatar Become A Pro!

Clinton Portis - Dog Lover

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

That took some balls for him to say that stuff.

rjt721
    rjt721's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 378

Yeah, I saw the interview on ESPN....couldn't believe what he was saying. He was laughing as he was talking too. Lost all respect for Portis.

BrentCrude
    BrentCrude's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

A libertarian viewpoint

As a libertarian I pretty much say people should have freedom to do what they want but killing babies in the 3rd trimester is murder and staging dog fights is animal abuse.I'm sure both of these could take place without anyone getting caught or in trouble if the idiots doing it stay in their holes in the ground or under the rock they crawl out of without spouting off or bragging about what they do.

What Portis did was idiotic beyond belief because there goes any endorsement $$$$$$$$$ he was capable of making.He has a right to say what he did but advertisers have a right to think he's a creep and not hire him.

Willie Bee
    Willie Bee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 305

Quote Originally Posted by bigboydan View Post
    That took some balls for him to say that stuff.
    I never knew it took any balls to remove all doubt about your lack of intelligence and absence of class, character and morality.

Mr Nuts
    Mr Nuts's Avatar Become A Pro!

Just goes to show you could give these people millions and they will always be ghetto trash.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

C'mon guys. Just because they can play football does not make them intellectuals.

Football players are just a cross-section of regular people. Unfortunately, these are regular thinking people that always have a microphone stuffed in their face. Sure, they're gonna say some stupid stuff. But, if you interview the average Joe on the street about stuff like this and you'll get similar answers from some of them. Maybe we should be frustrated by the rampant ignorance prevalent in society in general. Portis is just a symptom of a different problem.

Tricky
    Tricky's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00 View Post
    C'mon guys. Just because they can play football does not make them intellectuals.

Football players are just a cross-section of regular people. Unfortunately, these are regular thinking people that always have a microphone stuffed in their face. Sure, they're gonna say some stupid stuff. But, if you interview the average Joe on the street about stuff like this and you'll get similar answers from some of them. Maybe we should be frustrated by the rampant ignorance prevalent in society in general. Portis is just a symptom of a different problem.
    Hey, dude made a stupid, ignorant comment that showed us his opinion of dog fighting and he's getting nailed for it. Show me where's the problem with that?

Willie Bee
    Willie Bee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 305

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00 View Post
    Not being an 'intellectual' is one thing; remaining ignorant of the law is quite another. One of my grandpappies never had any formal schooling after about age 9, yet he knew full well that 'shining was illegal.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Quote Originally Posted by Willie Bee View Post
    Not being an 'intellectual' is one thing; remaining ignorant of the law is quite another. One of my grandpappies never had any formal schooling after about age 9, yet he knew full well that 'shining was illegal.
    Your grandpappy was a stand up guy, WB. Sounds a lot like my grandpappy.

If you interviewed Portis' grandpappy, you might get something similar to what Portis said. Same with other "roughneck" characters like Vick & Pacman. It's like they don't have respect for society, laws, people, etc. They are thugs. There is a thug mentality running through a certain section of the population. That's where I'm saying the problem exists.

I'm just sick of these "problem people" getting all of the headlines. I don't understand what it is about our society that keeps us so obsessed with tabloidism. Maybe I'm just getting old & bitter. Ship Portis, Pacman & Vick to the NBA, please!