Cornerback
    Cornerback's Avatar Become A Pro!

Why take Cincy? Because.......1) Jets have a rookie QB and Bengals have a veteran QB. 2) Bengals have homefield advantage. 3) Bengals Defense doesn't suck. 4) Cedric Benson and Larry Johnson will actually play this time. 5) Chad catches the ball and Braylon drops balls 6) Mark Sanchez threw 12 TDs 20 INTs(rookie) 7) Carson Palmer threw 21 TDs 13 INTs(veteran)

I say Cincy has the edge. No?

pattymayo
    pattymayo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

Quote Originally Posted by Cornerback View Post
    Why take Cincy? Because.......1) Jets have a rookie QB and Bengals have a veteran QB. 2) Bengals have homefield advantage. 3) Bengals Defense doesn't suck. 4) Cedric Benson and Larry Johnson will actually play this time. 5) Chad catches the ball and Braylon drops balls 6) Mark Sanchez threw 12 TDs 20 INTs(rookie) 7) Carson Palmer threw 21 TDs 13 INTs(veteran)

I say Cincy has the edge. No?
    why take the Jets? Because...... 1) Bengals have lost three of four to end the season. 2) Bengals havent even sniffed the playoffs in how many years? 3) Bengals offense has struggled since their bye week, and since November they barely snuck by bad teams. 16-7 over Cleveland, 23-13 over Detroit, 17-10 over KC. 4) Has Carson Palmer ever played in the playoffs? 5) Revis has owned every WR he faced all year.. if he shuts down Ocho Cinco, who else will Palmer throw to? 6) Benson didn't play last week and they leaned on him hard all year.. what if he has a bad game?

pattymayo

jus saying. Jets were given a GIFT to be in the playoffs.. with their rush first offense and #1 defense, they can steal one against a bunch of guys who've never played in the playoffs before.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2368

TE's and RB's are the only guys that Palmer will be able to throw to.... a slot receiver here and there

how are the bengals will receiving RB's and TE's?

pattymayo

ummm do they still have that Houshamanzadah guy ? I couldn't name another TE/WR on the Bengals aside from Ochocinco

cmh329
    cmh329's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by pattymayo View Post
    ummm do they still have that Houshamanzadah guy ? I couldn't name another TE/WR on the Bengals aside from Ochocinco
    nah he's on Seattle.

Cornerback

why take the Jets? Because...... 1) Bengals have lost three of four to end the season. 2) Bengals havent even sniffed the playoffs in how many years? 3) Bengals offense has struggled since their bye week, and since November they barely snuck by bad teams. 16-7 over Cleveland, 23-13 over Detroit, 17-10 over KC. 4) Has Carson Palmer ever played in the playoffs? 5) Revis has owned every WR he faced all year.. if he shuts down Ocho Cinco, who else will Palmer throw to? 6) Benson didn't play last week and they leaned on him hard all year.. what if he has a bad game?
    Bengals haven't sniffed the playoffs in 4 years. When was the last time the Jets sniffed the playoffs?? Palmer will throw to Andre Caldwell or Laveraneus Coles. Who will Sanchez throw to?? Benson rushed over 100 yards against Baltimore twice. What if Jones has a bad game?? Leon Hall and Jonathan Joseph are very good corners. Lito Sheppard??

Pride>UFC
    Pride>UFC's Avatar Become A Pro!

Facts about this game...

Worst qb in the nfl on the road and can't play in cold weather. Did I mention he's a rookie?

Bengals offense=17 points

Jets offense=14 points

Mark Sanchez= 14 points for the Bengals

31-14 Bengals

Pride>UFC
    Pride>UFC's Avatar Become A Pro!

Oh and don't forget, the Bengals sure as hell haven't forgotten about Chris Henry...expect a huge effort from them tomorrow...

pattymayo

Quote Originally Posted by Pride>UFC View Post
    Facts about this game...

Worst qb in the nfl on the road and can't play in cold weather. Did I mention he's a rookie?
    umm it was pretty cold in NJ last Sunday night.. what was the score again?

cmh329
    cmh329's Avatar Become A Pro!

last week's game mean's absolutely nothing.

pattymayo

Bengals haven't sniffed the playoffs in 4 years. When was the last time the Jets sniffed the playoffs?? Palmer will throw to Andre Caldwell or Laveraneus Coles. Who will Sanchez throw to?? Benson rushed over 100 yards against Baltimore twice. What if Jones has a bad game?? Leon Hall and Jonathan Joseph are very good corners. Lito Sheppard??
    Rex Ryan has his boys fired up for this game. No one expected them to be handed a free pass to the playoffs, they will put it all out there tomorrow. Sanchez won't have to throw tomorrow and if he does it's because somehow the Bengals take a big lead early.

They will use Brad Smith a lot tomorrow, Jones and Green will get their carries and the Jet defense will do the rest.

gummo
    Bearcats
    gummo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1195

Just put 300 pts on the Bengals ML. God pray for my soul

Cornerback

umm it was pretty cold in NJ last Sunday night.. what was the score again?
    Bengals had their backups in there, man.

pattymayo

Quote Originally Posted by cmh329 View Post
    last week's game mean's absolutely nothing.
    I know. Cincy played at half speed they had no interest in keeping the game competitive. This guy acts like Sanchez has never been in cold weather before.

pattymayo

Bengals had their backups in there, man.
    really? cuz I thought i saw Palmer go 1-11 and Ochocinco completely shut down in the first half.

Cornerback

Rex Ryan has his boys fired up for this game. No one expected them to be handed a free pass to the playoffs, they will put it all out there tomorrow. Sanchez won't have to throw tomorrow and if he does it's because somehow the Bengals take a big lead early.

They will use Brad Smith a lot tomorrow, Jones and Green will get their carries and the Jet defense will do the rest.
    So you're saying the Bengals rush defense sucks and Jones and Greene will rush all over them??

pattymayo

Listen, I'm not a Jet fan but living in the tri state area I hear about these guys daily. I think everyone is giving Cincy WAY to much credit, they are not a good team, especially offensively.

gummo
    Bearcats

Is Sanchez better than Palmer. That is the difference in the game. I think everything else is equal.

Cornerback

If the Bengals weren't a good team they wouldn't have won the AFC North with a 10-6 record.

pattymayo

So you're saying the Bengals rush defense sucks and Jones and Greene will rush all over them??
    I'm not saying their rush defense sucks. I just think they won't be able to handle the Jets rush offense. Throw some more Brad Smith plays in there for big gains, they are going to have their hands full. I do think the Jets rush for 150+

This game will come down to defense, and I think the Jets will simply come out and want it more.

pattymayo

If the Bengals weren't a good team they wouldn't have won the AFC North with a 10-6 record.
    It's a clean slate come playoffs. Were the Bengals a good team in the past month(last four games of the season)....... i dont think so

trevor123698
    trevor123698's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 467

I dont get this game. +105 on -3 and -125 on +3...Does that mean anything?

Regardless Bengasl to the Super Bowl!!! Only to be had by the Cardinals

aceking
    aceking's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

still better than the jets

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

As long as Chi_Archie clings to the faith that the Ravens and Steelers are worthless teams, there's no reasoning with him here.

TheAccountant
    TheAccountant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Cincy has no momentum, but I don't think the Jets are as good as the stats show and I don't trust Sanchez to not throw the ball away. I think veteran Carson Palmer takes this at home -all in all, both these teams look like playoff trash. Although AZ made it last year so who knows.

Cincy -2.5 for me..wish I had the -1..

Frosh
    Frosh's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 64

This game is gonna be a no play for me but, I think the Jets take this one. The pass defense is just to good like Archie is saying.

gummo
    Bearcats

Cold as fuk here. The under is looking better and better.

NardVa
    NardVa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10509

Don't let the score full you in the Detroit and and Cleveland game. Cincy dominated time of possession in both those games 40 mins to 20 mins and in both games they out gained their opponents in first downs, yardage and 3rd down percentage. Cincy doesn't win game by scoring 30-35 points. They win games by controlling the game for 4 qts with defense and running.

But lest not forget Cincy beat Baltimore twice, went to Greenbay and won and almost got a win against the Charges in San Diego. Trust me Cincy is clearly the better team.

mcbaseball10
    mcbaseball10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1905

Paul Brown Stadium has a heating system under the field so playing conditions will not be a factor in this one as far as cutting/route running. Do not let the cold impact your under/over betting. Now, it may go under because the style of play, but don't use the cold as a reason.

Here are my personal opinions on the matchups today:

Ced Benson > Thomas Jones
    Palmer > Sanchez
    Bengals Secondary > Jets WR corp
    Revis > 99% of NFL CBs
    Jets D Line = Bengals D Line
    Lewis = Rex Ryan
    Bengals O line > Jets O Line

Going to be a close game, play it safe and tease the Jets and the over
    Play:
    Prediction

Bengals 24-20

PLAY

Jets +9 over 28

Slate
    Slate's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post
    I think for many it should be a no play. don't back a bad team that hasn't done shit in months, just because you think the other team is a little bit worse.
    I assume you are talking about the Jets when you say

"a bad team that hasn't done shit in months"

I think the Jets have done alot in the past few months, No 1 rush offense, passing defense, and defense, their problem has been Sanchez and his turnovers. if they just let him manage the game and not lose it for them they will win easily

Slate

Quote Originally Posted by trevor123698 View Post
    I dont get this game. +105 on -3 and -125 on +3...Does that mean anything?

Regardless Bengasl to the Super Bowl!!! Only to be had by the Cardinals
    either your book thinks that Cinc wins by 3 or more money is going on the Jets

MexicanStallion
    MexicanStallion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11153

It should all come down to Sanchez. If he has 0-1 turnovers they should win easy enough. Good luck with everyone's plays. I am probably playing the Under or nothing at all.

Slate

Quote Originally Posted by gummo View Post
    Is Sanchez better than Palmer. That is the difference in the game. I think everything else is equal.
    XXXVJan. 28, 2001Baltimore 34, N.Y. Giants 7.......Was Dilfer better then Collins, defense wins
    XXVJan. 27, 1991N.Y. Giants 20, Buffalo 19...........Was Hostetler better then Kelly, again defense wins and of course a missed field goal

then of course

New York Giants 17 New England Patriots 14 Was Manning better then Brady

mcbaseball10
    mcbaseball10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1905

Quote Originally Posted by trevor123698 View Post
    I dont get this game. +105 on -3 and -125 on +3...Does that mean anything? Regardless Bengasl to the Super Bowl!!! Only to be had by the Cardinals
    This is a Bodog line. They are very reluctant to move off key numbers and will typically hike the juice way up before they move the line. I have seen them raise it up to -175 on a spread before. They do not have high limits and are used most often by amateurs so they can get away with it. Great book for playing underdogs because they get a lot of squares that play favorites.

First 12345 Last