Alien Robot Sex Party
    stealthyburrito's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11869

Russel Wilson signs 4 yr $87.6 mil deal

Second highest avg salary for a QB

DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 32174

So he went from the most underpaid QB in the league to the most overpaid QB in the league?

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Daggles if they didn't pay him someone else would

Da Manster!
    Da Manster!'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2678

I'd take him on my skins in a heartbeat over RG"me" any day of the week....Hell, that's not saying much...I'd 3/4 of the starting NFL QB's over Robert Griffin the turd!

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7600

Sounds about right. Seahawks win on length of deal and wilson wins on money part.

Let's not kid ourselves all this guy does is win.

If wilson wins the superbowl this year it will be money well spent.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

Quote Originally Posted by Da Manster! View Post
    I'd take him on my skins in a heartbeat over RG"me" any day of the week....Hell, that's not saying much...I'd 3/4 of the starting NFL QB's over Robert Griffin the turd!
    i'd take healthy rg3 over russell wilson. but the skeletor ruined his career.

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Quote Originally Posted by Ghenghis Kahn View Post
    i'd take healthy rg3 over russell wilson. but the skeletor ruined his career.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by DiggityDaggityDo View Post
    So he went from the most underpaid QB in the league to the most overpaid QB in the league?
    yep pretty much.

Yeah he is good but he single handedly cost the franchise the Super Bowl last year. You wouldn't think they would reward him for that.

Reminds me of when the Carolina Panthers signed Jake Delhomme to a contract extension right after he single handedly destroyed a Panthers story book 12-4 season TURNING THE BALL OVER 7 TIMES against the Arizona Cardinals.

So Russell Wilson throws an INT from the 1 yard line with the super bowl on the line( The exact opposite of clutch) .... a feat that only himself accomplished in 2014-2015. and he gets rewarded with millions of dollars??????

Only in America.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

matter of fact in the wikepedia definition of Choke Artist there should be a photo of Russell Wilson next to it.

What he did was almost as bad as the butt fumble and the fumble that Tony Romo made to cost the Cowboys a chance at the super bowl that year.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Seems like Seattle could have effectively done 3 years $40 Million by tagging him twice after this year. I know that would have been a cut throat approach and there's a lot to be said towards showing trust and confidence in the de facto field general. Also, now they can save their tags and use them in other ways, so there's that too. The tipping point must have been that he's so young, they didn't want to start burning bridges now when they have to cross them again in 4 years.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00 View Post
    Seems like Seattle could have effectively done 3 years $40 Million by tagging him twice after this year. I know that would have been a cut throat approach and there's a lot to be said towards showing trust and confidence in the de facto field general. Also, now they can save their tags and use them in other ways, so there's that too. The tipping point must have been that he's so young, they didn't want to start burning bridges now when they have to cross them again in 4 years.

yep pretty much. I think Russell Wilson's confidence/ego took a huge hit with that Super Bowl meltdown so it was very important for Seattle to show Russell that they still believe in him moving forward.

I agree this is probably smart so that they can save the franchise tag's for some of those stud defensive guys they have.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

They had no choice and plus he really already won two Super Bowl's or at least got to 2+ the guy is a winner

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    They had no choice and plus he really already won two Super Bowl's or at least got to 2+ the guy is a winner
    i must have missed one of those.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7600

Lol bear. His confidence is fine. Wilson is mentally tough. Seahawks clear superbowl faves and in fact the line has dropped slowly. This team will be on a mission.

It was okay for brady to lose 2 bowls as a favorite right?

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Lol bear. His confidence is fine. Wilson is mentally tough. Seahawks clear superbowl faves and in fact the line has dropped slowly. This team will be on a mission.

It was okay for brady to lose 2 bowls as a favorite right?
    yeah i know. Money can help your confidence and Russell has plenty of mula.

I agree the Seahawks will be tough again. He has more weapons on offense now, and the defense is as good as ever so its not like they ask him to do a whole lot. He is in a perfect spot to be successful.

swordsandtequila
    Soul Eating Machine
    swordsandtequila's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6422

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

He deserved it let's not kid ourselves

nanderson1134
    nanderson1134's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6285

Lol would drive me crazy if I was seahawks fan. That kind of guaranteed money... O boy lol

stealthyburrito
    Alien Robot Sex Party

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    yep pretty much.

Yeah he is good but he single handedly cost the franchise the Super Bowl last year. You wouldn't think they would reward him for that.

Reminds me of when the Carolina Panthers signed Jake Delhomme to a contract extension right after he single handedly destroyed a Panthers story book 12-4 season TURNING THE BALL OVER 7 TIMES against the Arizona Cardinals.

So Russell Wilson throws an INT from the 1 yard line with the super bowl on the line( The exact opposite of clutch) .... a feat that only himself accomplished in 2014-2015. and he gets rewarded with millions of dollars??????

Only in America.
    No blame for the play caller?

Not sure why they didn't just hand off to beast mode.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyburrito View Post

because they wanted to make the fake jesus lover the franchise golden boy and not some mute thug from oakland that scares the media.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyburrito View Post

i am just very bitter on this subject b/c i had a seahawks futures bet that would have won me $8,000

i was soo fukkin happy in the 4th quarter thinking i was in for a big pay out.

needless to say it was a rough month of February for me. I lost what little i won by hedging on basketball very quickly.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

He will always be known as the guy who threw a game ending interception from the 2 yard line in the Superbowl giving the game away.

stealthyburrito
    Alien Robot Sex Party

$60 mil guaranteed

KnownUnknown
    KnownUnknown's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2061

Football is a game of high interdependence and Wilson has beneftted greatly from great overall team play. This is Seattle's last best chance to win the Super Bowl because Wilson's contract will preclude keeping or acquiring other solid players.

QB's in the NFL usually get more than their just due and their huge contracts usually hurt their teams. Unfortunately, this is how the contract system works in the NFL these days.

Da Manster!

Quote Originally Posted by KnownUnknown View Post
    Football is a game of high interdependence and Wilson has beneftted greatly from great overall team play. This is Seattle's last best chance to win the Super Bowl because Wilson's contract will preclude keeping or acquiring other solid players.

QB's in the NFL usually get more than their just due and their huge contracts usually hurt their teams. Unfortunately, this is how the contract system works in the NFL these days.
    strongly disagree...there is a reason why QB's have always been the highest paid position and why they are considered leaders and why QB is considered by far and away to be the most important position on a football team....most of the time a team can't win a Superbowl unless they have a great QB...sure there are exceptions, but that's generally not the rule...Seattle's back up is Tavaris Jackson??!!!......same team, same players, and I'd bet you any amount of money they wouldn't even finish .500 if he was their starting QB!..

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

guys lets give russell wilson a pass on the INT from the 1 yard line that cost his team the world championship.

sometimes good players make bad plays.

Its why the game is played on the field instead of on paper. If good teams always won then Vegas would have been shut down years ago.

Da Manster!

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    guys lets give russell wilson a pass on the INT from the 1 yard line that cost his team the world championship.

sometimes good players make bad plays.

Its why the game is played on the field instead of on paper. If good teams always won then Vegas would have been shut down years ago.

well let's not forget to put the blame where it solely lies...on Pete Carroll!...stupid ass call and decision to have Wilson throw the ball from the 1 yd line with a timeout in hand!...and especially with Marshawn Lynch in beast mode running over the pats defenders like a hot knife going through butter...the sin of hubris got the best of Carroll...you run the damn ball and more than likely Lynch would have scored a TD and Seattle would have been back-to-back champs!...

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

yes stupid decision indeed.

Let Lynch run it in!

swordsandtequila
    Soul Eating Machine
    swordsandtequila's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6422

What's lost in the whole "Wilson blew the Super Bowl" is the fact that Seattle entered the 4th quarter up 24-14. Wilson didn't give up 2 td drives, the vaunted defense did. NE would have been playing Green Bay if not for Wilson's play in the 4th quarter of the championship game. Carroll's done a great job in Seattle, but like most coaches, they tend to over coach. Sometimes the best play is to get the fuk out of the way. Keep it simple. That said, a player is worth whatever someone is willing to pay him/her. Free market 101.

slacker00

strongly disagree...there is a reason why QB's have always been the highest paid position and why they are considered leaders and why QB is considered by far and away to be the most important position on a football team....most of the time a team can't win a Superbowl unless they have a great QB...sure there are exceptions, but that's generally not the rule...Seattle's back up is Tavaris Jackson??!!!......same team, same players, and I'd bet you any amount of money they wouldn't even finish .500 if he was their starting QB!..
    Tavaris could go 9-7 with this team, he went 7-7 in 2011 with a much worse SEA team. Last year SEA held their opponent to 7 points or less 5 times, they could line Marshawn up at QB and win if the defense holds the other team to 7 or less. Figure another 5 games of holding the opponent to 17 or less, that should be a win almost every time for even a mediocre 2nd string QB. With Tavaris at QB, I'd probably put the line around 9 1/2 season wins. It's not that Tavaris is a world beater, it's just that Seattle is that good top to bottom.

Don't get me wrong, RW's best years are ahead of him. In 3 years he already has 6 playoff wins and a ring. We really don't know what he's capable of yet. Adding Jimmy Graham should really open things up and we might to see the beginnings of a much scarier Seattle offense.

Da Manster!

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00 View Post
    Tavaris could go 9-7 with this team, he went 7-7 in 2011 with a much worse SEA team. Last year SEA held their opponent to 7 points or less 5 times, they could line Marshawn up at QB and win if the defense holds the other team to 7 or less. Figure another 5 games of holding the opponent to 17 or less, that should be a win almost every time for even a mediocre 2nd string QB. With Tavaris at QB, I'd probably put the line around 9 1/2 season wins. It's not that Tavaris is a world beater, it's just that Seattle is that good top to bottom.

Don't get me wrong, RW's best years are ahead of him. In 3 years he already has 6 playoff wins and a ring. We really don't know what he's capable of yet. Adding Jimmy Graham should really open things up and we might to see the beginnings of a much scarier Seattle offense.
    slacker,
    you make valid points about the whole team concept...I understand that...But Tavaris Jackson is dog shit...just another ho-hum mediocre QB who can do "just enough" to keep a back up job in the NFL...Speaking of team concept, Russell Wilson makes everyone around him that much better because of his athletic ability, and reading defenses, and making accurate throws..(i.e. all the attributes that make him a top notch QB)...furthermore, maybe that 2011 Seattle team makes the playoff with Wilson at QB...here is Jackson's numbers from that 2011 season...nothing to write home about....

SEASON 2011
    TEAM
    GP CMP ATT CMP% YDS AVG TD LNG INT FUM QBR RAT
    15 271 450 60.2 3,091 6.87 14 61 13 5 39.5 79.2

mynameismud
    mynameismud's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8427

seattle was smart to lock him up. may be overpaid, but his results speak for themselves.

slacker00

slacker,
    you make valid points about the whole team concept...I understand that...But Tavaris Jackson is dog shit...just another ho-hum mediocre QB who can do "just enough" to keep a back up job in the NFL...Speaking of team concept, Russell Wilson makes everyone around him that much better because of his athletic ability, and reading defenses, and making accurate throws..(i.e. all the attributes that make him a top notch QB)...furthermore, maybe that 2011 Seattle team makes the playoff with Wilson at QB...here is Jackson's numbers from that 2011 season...nothing to write home about....

SEASON 2011
    TEAM
    GP CMP ATT CMP% YDS AVG TD LNG INT FUM QBR RAT
    15 271 450 60.2 3,091 6.87 14 61 13 5 39.5 79.2
    I know. There's a reason he's holding a clipboard. I doubt they could win a playoff game with Tavaris.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Contract is about right.

12 Last