ZBOIZ
    ZBOIZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9739

Saints

Ra77er
    Ra77er's Avatar Become A Pro!

Bear and I probably should be irrelevant here (Panther homers) but Carolina at those odds look pretty good to me. This team was beating the Niners at home 2 years ago in the playoffs and Ron deflated the locker room at halftime in order to progress in the future (team was amped in the 1h yet not veteran enough to avoid playing down to the 9ers level). I was pissed, my cats were pissed or pissing everywhere, wife was angry and burning meatloaf at that second half 2 years ago.

Fast forward last year we beat a roughed up Arizona squad, nothing spectacular and then lost as expected in Seattle without Star Lotulelei but progress and another year of playoffs under the belt.

Special teams alone cost us so many times last year it was sickening. If I see Bursin on that roster anywhere near a kick they are dead to me, to include onsides/warmups anything to do with kicking and the ball. This area of the team has to be addressed immediately and I can't wait to see what's been cooking during the preseason. If it is still atrocious then good luck winning the division.

Shaq Thompson is a fantastic athlete, he wants to play linebacker but I want him at safety and on special teams personally. I am obviously not coach or anything but he has speed and is built like a backer, however I do not get the killer instinct vibe from watching film so I would look for other areas to utilize his strengths.

Panthers want to play it clean with swag hence the canning of Hardy (I miss him on the tv/but glad I'm close enough to get tickets to see him live!...and no I do not condone his actions OFF the field fwiw).

Cam is emotional and that is his biggest flaw but also his greatest asset so finding a balance if possible will pay big dividends. We are seeing it each season. Fans outside of Carolina do not appreciate the superman rip but you have to give him a little room to dance now and again. The postgame attire is terrible though....Cam wife beater and flip flops man....not that flaming don flamengo look.

This team goes through dry spells during the season (particularly on the offensive side) but I think this season we will see better focus throughout the entire season. I think Riverboat is making progress with these guys, the scary thing is so are the Falcons in the division.

TLR

I like the Panthers pick bear and I like the Rams. Super Bowl 50 if your a conspiracy theorist would probably not allow Carolina to play in that game however. KC maybe, Patriots no, Seahawks no, Dallas yes, Miami maybe, Packers yes, Saints never!!

SBRMAN23
    Be humble sit down
    SBRMAN23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1448

Jets

akphidelt
    akphidelt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 640

Steelers. Don't think anyone can stop their offense this year. Absolutely loaded. Watch out for Martavis Bryant. Kid is going to be a stud!

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Ra77er, there's a lot to like about the Panthers: lots of young and hungry players with a lot to prove, the division is theirs for the taking. They were right in the playoff game @SEA in the 4Q before the Cam pick-6, lots to build on in that loss. Their schedule is sorta soft, if they can lock up home field, CAR will be a dangerous team in January.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by BennyBigNuts View Post
    Patriots
    Getting hated on more than any other team I've ever watch win a superbowl the year before in my entire life.
    It's fun to root for Rex, but the Bills have no qb, jets have no qb, and Miami gets jerked off every year with the moves they make and never do anything.
    Pats will run away with that division. 12-13 wins, even with Brady out 4 games.

Benny B,

you going to hit the ML in week 1 vs Steelers?

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by akphidelt View Post
    Steelers. Don't think anyone can stop their offense this year. Absolutely loaded. Watch out for Martavis Bryant. Kid is going to be a stud!
    i have heard of that bryant guy before ... did they have him last year or was he in college?

slacker00

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    i have heard of that bryant guy before ... did they have him last year or was he in college?
    Rookie last year but battled injuries early. He produced big when he got on the field, including the playoff game.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

I heard the Chiefs are looking good in training camp.

Alex Smith with good velocity on his throws.

JoshKnows46
    JoshKnows46's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2151

the NEW ORLEANS SAINTS, they easily smoke their division, and they will have homefield advantage through out the playoffs, and beat The Colts in the superbowl.
    Last edited by JoshKnows46; 08-08-15 at 01:51 PM.

Huego
    Huego's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4877

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00 View Post
    Ra77er, there's a lot to like about the Panthers: lots of young and hungry players with a lot to prove, the division is theirs for the taking. They were right in the playoff game @SEA in the 4Q before the Cam pick-6, lots to build on in that loss. Their schedule is sorta soft, if they can lock up home field, CAR will be a dangerous team in January.
    Carolina has one of the worse O-Line's in the league. Only Andrew Luck can overcome such a huge disadvantage.

slacker00

Quote Originally Posted by Huego View Post
    Carolina has one of the worse O-Line's in the league. Only Andrew Luck can overcome such a huge disadvantage.
    I'll admit, it's a CAR weakness. But I can name 10 worse NFL O-lines: STL,MIA,ATL,JAX,TB,TEN,OAK,BUF,DEN,NYG.

akphidelt
    akphidelt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 640

Martavis!!! First action of the year, first drive... 44 yard td. The Steelers are going to be pretty legit this year. Martavis Bryant is a stud!!

Git Lo
    Git Lo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13377

Quote Originally Posted by akphidelt View Post
    Martavis!!! First action of the year, first drive... 44 yard td. The Steelers are going to be pretty legit this year. Martavis Bryant is a stud!!
    With Antonio brown and Bell.... It would of been a different story last year if Bell wasn't hurt. What teams have good defense though? ATL drafted huge on defense, Seahawks Broncos Texas defense are legit.... Who else

trobin31
    trobin31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10351

Minnesota Lynx

House
    House's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5492

Chiefs in 2014 with a pieced together Oline because of injuries , no WR's ,no time to throw the ball , no TDs through the air and still went 9-7 and beat both Superbowl teams 41-14 over the Pats and 24-20 over Seattle ....2015 ..... they got the Oline back, they picked up Maclin , DATS gonna be at WR causing issues , Charles is back to top form and a line to run behind .... Chiefs are my long-shot

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Panthers looked good last night watch out for them

SharpAngles
    SharpAngles's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1638

Only true sleeper to make a playoff run is the Vikings. Top 3 RB and one of the best Ds. If they can manage Teddy properly they will hold a lot of teams under 14 points.

Git Lo
    Git Lo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13377

If Vikings can't keep their offense on the field it won't be good for the defense. Chiefs always intrigued me since they got alex smith from the 49ers. They are definitely on the radar now... should be an interesting year for them.

First 123