jerseykingpin
    jerseykingpin's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ryan not shy about Jets' Super Bowl chances: 'We should be favorites'

FROM NFL.COM
    Associated Press

FLORHAM PARK, N.J. -- Rex Ryan is feeling Super these days.
    The New York Jets' confident first-year coach believes his team should not only be favored to beat the Cincinnati Bengals but to win the Super Bowl.
    During his daily news conference Wednesday, Ryan was asked what his reaction was to being the team with the longest odds -- currently at 50-1 -- to win the championship.
    Jets at Bengals
    Saturday, 4:30 p.m. ET (NBC)

Related:
    » Carucci: Who has the edge? | Inside rematch
    » Kirwan: Palmer's experience a factor
    » Debate: Which is best wild-card team?
    » AFC Fear Factor: Bengals, Jets not scary
    » Brandt: Ochocinco, Revis meet again

Video:
    » Jets: Path to the playoffs | 2009 remix
    » Bengals: Path to the playoffs | 2009 remix
    » Anatomy of a Play: Bengals' blitz

"I wasn't aware of that," Ryan said, "but to me, we should be favorites, so that's fine."
    Ryan then was asked to clarify if he meant the Jets should be favored to beat the Bengals in Saturday's AFC wild-card playoff game in Cincinnati.
    "I mean in the whole tournament," he said. "You know the way that I feel."
    That's right. The guy who mistakenly thought the Jets were eliminated from the playoff picture after losing to the Atlanta Falcons three weeks ago believes his team can win it all.
    "I think we have the best defense, I know we do," Ryan said. "I know we have the best rushing attack. Those are two huge factors in our favor. With a couple of exceptions on our staff, myself probably, I think we have a great coaching staff."
    When told of Ryan's statement, Jets defensive coordinator Mike Pettine smiled.
    "Shocks me," said Pettine, whom Ryan brought with him from Baltimore. "Like I've said before, that's Rex being Rex."
    The Jets opened as one-point underdogs against the Bengals and now are 2½-point underdogs despite beating the Bengals 37-0 last Sunday to make it into the playoffs.
    "I want this football team," Ryan said. "I'm not going to trade our team. If I had a choice to coach any team in this tournament, I would choose this one."
    The Jets, of course, haven't won the Super Bowl since 1969, when quarterback Joe Namath helped deliver the franchise's only title -- with Ryan's father, Buddy, the defensive line coach.
    Last edited by SBRAdmin3; 07-07-14 at 11:05 AM.

jerseykingpin

I jumped on it for $100 at 50-1 let the DOM flow first bottels on me

msec512
    msec512's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

Rex Ryan is an idiot. Maybe they get past the Bengals. But, that's it.

jerseykingpin

Quote Originally Posted by msec512 View Post
    Rex Ryan is an idiot. Maybe they get past the Bengals. But, that's it.
    That will be winning the super bowl for me no more whodey for another 20yrs

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

Too bad they didn't snag crabbycakes. Oh well they got what's his name from Cleveland instead.

DOMINATER
    DOMINATER's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1180

Nothing against the jets jets jets they will go down down down this week.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

I didn't realize that Buddy Ryan coached for the Jets back in 1969. I looked up Buddy on WIki, he coached the purple people eaters back in the '70's as well. The guy is a legend. The article said that the west coast offense was a reaction to his revolutionary 4-6 scheme.