Betpoints: 1122

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas39 View Post
    Settle don't Tony don't blow it out of proportion
    Vegan i see what you did there

Capybara
    Punta Cana, bitches!
    Capybara's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6238

The sad part about this is that every single team is pulling shit left and right, but nobody cares. The Pats, on the other hand, everyone has a hard-on to catch doing shit. The idea that the Pats are some kind of dirty cheaters while everyone else is squeaky clean is a joke.

Everyone was recording defensive signals, just not from the sideline. Everyone is messing with the ball, their equipment, the field, the noise. But doesn't matter cuz Pats are the big cheaters.

Gimme a break. That's fine, Pats will take the punches and get up and keep winning divisions and playoff games.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Pats are so arrogant they think the rules don't apply to them...or they're really bad at cheatng they've been caught in 2 big controversies now

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Capybara View Post
    The sad part about this is that every single team is pulling shit left and right, but nobody cares. The Pats, on the other hand, everyone has a hard-on to catch doing shit. The idea that the Pats are some kind of dirty cheaters while everyone else is squeaky clean is a joke.

Everyone was recording defensive signals, just not from the sideline. Everyone is messing with the ball, their equipment, the field, the noise. But doesn't matter cuz Pats are the big cheaters.

Gimme a break. That's fine, Pats will take the punches and get up and keep winning divisions and playoff games.
    That's the whole reason people are pissed. If it was the Rams, no one would care. Guys on DFW sports talk down here were hilarious talking about it. Honestly don't give a fukk. Maybe it gives you a slight advantage in ball security or grip for a QB, but bottom line is you still have to make plays and your defense still has to make stops.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Brady best of all times

Deal with it

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21677

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    I think the NFL has a tough time sending down any real hard punishment on the Patriots here.
    Patriots will get a monetary slap on wrist.

But Brady is going to get suspended. Bet on it. My guess would be 4 games. The conclusion was that he was generally aware of the deflation. IN other words, he was the instigator. That he didn't personally stick the needle is irrelevant. He is going to be held responsible. Jimmy Garoppolo will get a chance to see what he can do. At this point, I bet that guy is pretty good. Nobody really knows since he;s been buried, but I have a hunch he is one of the best backup QB's.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Brady best of all times

Deal with it
    Yeah, but he's still a whiny cheating bitch and he's going to get suspended.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

All I have to say is... a 243 page report?

Get the fuk out of here.

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith
    itchypickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5620

We all knew it. NFL played the public like a fiddle by waiting for so long after Ravens and Colts games and here we are, Draft over, nobody is paying ,much attention to it so the story goes away before camp opens up again. Business as usual in New England.

TheMoneyShot

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    Patriots will get a monetary slap on wrist.

But Brady is going to get suspended. Bet on it. My guess would be 4 games. The conclusion was that he was generally aware of the deflation. IN other words, he was the instigator. That he didn't personally stick the needle is irrelevant. He is going to be held responsible. Jimmy Garoppolo will get a chance to see what he can do. At this point, I bet that guy is pretty good. Nobody really knows since he;s been buried, but I have a hunch he is one of the best backup QB's.
    Going a little rough on Brady.

He'll be fined a set amount. No game suspension.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    Going a little rough on Brady.

He'll be fined a set amount. No game suspension.
    Wanna bet on that?

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Brady is the sole important person heavily implicated (other than a couple of ballboys) in a long, detailed, expensive report. No way he skates.

My guesses:
    Brady - 4 games plus $250,000
    Pats - $500,000 plus lose a 6th rounder

Vegas39
    Vegas39's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 214

Think he gets 2 games and after appeal ends up a one game suspension and a hefty fine

Scorpion
    Update your status
    Scorpion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15377

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyLineDawg View Post
    Pats are who we thought they were

BAU

TheMoneyShot

Wanna bet on that?
    Brady is the sole important person heavily implicated (other than a couple of ballboys) in a long, detailed, expensive report. No way he skates.

My guesses:
    Brady - 4 games plus $250,000
    Pats - $500,000 plus lose a 6th rounder
    No... I don't want to bet on that. Because I don't want to lose.

I've been busy all day.... didn't turn on ESPN... didn't hear the extent of the outcome at all. Just read that there was a 243 page document that claims... probable cause.

My take is this... I don't know what text messages Brady sent... I don't know who is officially in charge of the footballs?

1. All I know is... It's Brady's first offense I think in the NFL. They should go light on him.

2. Regardless of what Brady said or told through text... to do... doesn't mean you go and do it. (I didn't even read any of the texts.) Brady didn't do it himself. It's like saying hey... go kill this dude for me. You wouldn't go and do it. So, even if Brady said hey... keep these footballs and a specific pressure... doesn't mean the kid... or equipment person has to obey. It's really on his own shoulders.

There's nothing that indicates Brady hurt the NFL or mislead them. I'm just saying.... it's a coin flip. I don't think Brady should be suspended for this. More than likely a large fine. But again.... I could be wrong.

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    I wouldnt assume theyve only cheated twice.
    Uhhhh.....really?

No shit.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Mr KLC

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

opie1988

I've been busy all day.... didn't turn on ESPN... didn't hear the extent of the outcome at all. Just read that there was a 243 page document that claims... probable cause.

My take is this... I don't know what text messages Brady sent... I don't know who is officially in charge of the footballs?

1. All I know is... It's Brady's first offense I think in the NFL. They should go light on him.

2. Regardless of what Brady said or told through text... to do... doesn't mean you go and do it. (I didn't even read any of the texts.) Brady didn't do it himself. It's like saying hey... go kill this dude for me. You wouldn't go and do it. So, even if Brady said hey... keep these footballs and a specific pressure... doesn't mean the kid... or equipment person has to obey. It's really on his own shoulders.

There's nothing that indicates Brady hurt the NFL or mislead them. I'm just saying.... it's a coin flip. I don't think Brady should be suspended for this. More than likely a large fine. But again.... I could be wrong.
    LOL.

Tell you what....go tell some dude to kill someone. And then if they actually DO IT....let's see how "lightly" they go on you.

It's Tom fukkin Brady....if he tells some lowly equipment manager to do something....the motherfukker is damn sure going to do it.

Let's get real.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

i'm gonna say this one more time, if sean payton got suspended for a year so should billidick. fukk this double standard bullshit.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Brady is clear and laughing all the way to the bank

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Let me guess....you are not a lawyer.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

i would also like another fukking speech from that little midget robert kraft about how they're the fukking victims!!!

ramones951
    ramones951's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 891

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    I wouldnt assume theyve only cheated twice.
    Woooooshhhhh......

Scorpion
    Update your status
    Scorpion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15377

brady has lost his oomph

newguy
    [Too Long]
    newguy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9990

If this isn't multiple game suspensions and loss of at least a 1st rounder then the NFL is closer to the WWE than i really suspected. Really hope the NFL does the right thing here

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Quote Originally Posted by newguy View Post
    If this isn't multiple game suspensions and loss of at least a 1st rounder then the NFL is closer to the WWE than i really suspected. Really hope the NFL does the right thing here
    NFL bent the rules to help the QB for decades. QBs even doctor their own footballs. It finally caught up to the NFL.

TheMoneyShot

Quote Originally Posted by opie1988 View Post

LOL.

Tell you what....go tell some dude to kill someone. And then if they actually DO IT....let's see how "lightly" they go on you.

It's Tom fukkin Brady....if he tells some lowly equipment manager to do something....the motherfukker is damn sure going to do it.

Let's get real.

Let me guess....you are not a lawyer.
    You guys are over analyzing this.

For one thing... Brady didn't have a motive. When you have someone go kill someone for you... that's a motive.

When you're sitting around fukking around with your friends.... and you say... fuk that guy... hey bro... go kill him for me... you mean one of your friends will say... um ok... right away for you man? No one is going to do that. I should of been a defense attorney.

There's nothing that Brady did to indicate a suspension. The NFL isn't going to hammer a future hall of famer.

If the NFL really wanted to hammer Brady... it would of been done within days of said EVENT. Why wait until the offseason?

It's humorous that the NFL wastes millions of dollars on an attorney to review 243 pages of dumb sh#$

opie1988

For one thing... Brady didn't have a motive. When you have someone go kill someone for you... that's a motive.

When you're sitting around fukking around with your friends.... and you say... fuk that guy... hey bro... go kill him for me... you mean one of your friends will say... um ok... right away for you man? No one is going to do that. I should of been a defense attorney.

There's nothing that Brady did to indicate a suspension. The NFL isn't going to hammer a future hall of famer.

If the NFL really wanted to hammer Brady... it would of been done within days of said EVENT. Why wait until the offseason?

It's humorous that the NFL wastes millions of dollars on an attorney to review 243 pages of dumb sh#$
    Brady didn't have a motive?

He's said in multiple interviews he likes his footballs a little under inflated. That's no secret.

How would that not be his motive?

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

What do you mean he didn't have a motive? The texts and the history makes it clear that Brady likes playing with deflated balls and at least thinks he plays better with deflated balls. Isn't that a motive for wanting to play with deflated balls in the AFC Championship game?

So yeah, he had a motive. Doesn't seem like they can definitely link Brady demanding said deflation, but more probable than not is enough. It would be enough in a civil lawsuit type of scenario. He would be held liable. And so he will. I have no idea how they determine the number of games suspension, but I'd be shocked if he isn't suspended.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Ghenghis Kahn View Post
    i'm gonna say this one more time, if sean payton got suspended for a year so should billidick. fukk this double standard bullshit.
    Agree with this...Belichik has already been fined personally for spygate

Witht he Sean Payton suspension, NFL set the precedent that ignorance is not an excuse for the head coach...therefore, repeat offender Bill Beli should be suspended as well

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

Moneyshot very off base here....Don't know what to say except read up on this case more....Brady absolutely has a motive....read profootballtalk.com articles they have a lot on this

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

In the text messages, one of the Pats equipment fukks is referred to as the deflator in May of 2014....Makes you wonder how long this shit has been going on for

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 05-28-15 at 02:35 PM. Reason: image does not exist

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.
    GUMMO77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1726

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 420

Gronkowski on Deflategate....at least I think so

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...ramming-league

BiTeMe UsAdOj
    Profundity
    BiTeMe UsAdOj's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 716

Agree with those that say Brady gets suspended (I'd guess 2 games when all is said and done after appeal).

Make no mistake, in the ruling the NFL will cite his lack of cooperation in not handing over his email/texts as a major contributing cause of his suspension. He's an NFL employee; they conducted an investigation and he did not fully cooperate. Bottom line... along with all the other circumstantial evidence linking him to willful acts to try to gain a competitive advantage.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: eidolon

First 1234 Last