Gameday
    Gameday's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 541

Question on where to find statistics

After this past season I'm determined to have better knowledge of what I'm betting on this year. Last year a lot of times I would pick a team (broncos for instance) and as soon as Peyton Manning took the field the annoucer would say "well, this is by far the coach peyton has had the most trouble with throughout his career. This is the only coach he has never thrown for 300+ yards against"...... I immediately knew my spread wouldnt cover. The thing that bothered me most about this was WHERE WAS THAT STAT IN THE 100+ websites that I researched. This happened to me afew times throughout the season. For instance Andy Dalton always heats up and wins in December. Or the Miami Dolphins & Jets always play the Patriots tough regaurdless how terrible their record is.

Is there any websites out there that give obscure stats like this? Ex. QBs that play their worst games in certain stadiums or against certain coaches. (or play their best for that matter)

I just want to be more prepared this year and I definitly don't want to hear another weird stat I didnt know of after kickoff.

Thanks in advance!

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

99% of the stats used by the announcers are total garbage, at least for handicapping usage.

Otherwise, I mine my own data. If I want to know Peyton's stats against Belichick, for example, I look it up myself. It's not easy, all the time, even with a good database. Some things I want to know aren't always easy to tease out of the data.

The stat site I use a lot is http://www.pro-football-reference.com/ ... I hesitate to recommend it because I know there are better stat sites out there, but it's one I've been using for years and I'm used to how to navigate it. I know a lot of people are hot on football outsiders and I do try to use that site too. Also, a plain old google search can bring up some basic data quickly sometimes.