bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Brett Favre Asked For A Trade?

I just heard a report that he told his agent to tell the Packers brass to ask for a trade once the draft was over. He was quoted as saying "the Packers did absolutely nothing to help improve the team".

This guy has got some balls to ask for a trade don't he? I mean come on... First he holds the franchise hostage until he waits to announce he's returning the next season.

Can anyone else confirm this story?

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4579

I think he just said it out of anger. He wanted the Packers to trade for Randy Moss, and was pissed when they didn't.

Here is a article about it: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2869070

Senator7
    Senator7's Avatar Become A Pro!

Its true and I kind of figured something like this was going to happen. Like most of Wisconsin, Favre is pissed off and depressed about the Packers' horrible offseason. I don't blame Brett for being upset or demanding a trade. Ted Thompson has done absolutely nothing to improve this team so far this offseason. Thompson & Co. are obviously building for 2010 and not 2007. This year's offseason was a backhanded bitch slap right across Brett Favre's face.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

What gets me is he mentioned nothing about retirement at all. That leads me to believe he just might play another 2-3 more years.

BuddyBear
    Update your status
    BuddyBear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4805

This is a classic example of a guy trying to get attention. I seriously doubt Favre considered leaving GB. He may have said so but more for attention effect than anything else.

Let him go outside of GB and see how long before fans of whatever team he signs with ask for him to be benched. The tolerance level of fans in GB for Favre is pretty much unconditional. They have a stud backup qb who can't even sniff playing time in blowouts. The only reason Favre is even still in the league is b/c he is playing with GB. Any other franchise would have A) diminished his role significantly or forced him to compete for the starting job (i.e. a more serious look at the backup) B) Benched him in favor of the backup C) Forced him to retire.

His life is seriously made in Green Bay.....nothing worse than seeing a guy who has been with a franchise forever to go spend the final year of a hall of fame career with another organization. I almost want to cry when I see Hakeen Olajuawan in a Toronto Raptor's uniform.

The Prick
    Make America Great
    The Prick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3625

If I owned an NFL franchise I would trade my Michael Vick roach collection + the hood ornament from the Randy Moss cop-dragging incident + an autographed Ryan Leaf rookie card for Brett Favre

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

I've been backing Favre through all of his offseason retirement "decisions", etc. I don't know if there's any truth to Favre talking smack, but I certainly don't agree with it either way.

Moss isn't the Moss of old. It remains to be seen what kind of imact he'd have had with the Packers. I just couldn't see him in a Packers uniform. Even if he goes to NE and lights it up, that doesn't confirm that he'd have done the same thing in GB. It's all or nothing with Moss.

AC1318
    AC1318's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

Farve is the man, He should ask and get what he wants he made GB what they are and the cheap ass gm should put out some trump for some people that can help the QB out. They have a couple decent RB's that can get the job done but no studs.

austintx05
    austintx05's Avatar Become A Pro!

maybe Favre can show up to mini camp

The Prick
    Make America Great
    The Prick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3625

i wanna raise my tendered offer to include a low-mile dog leash formerly owned by Clinton Portis