PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

N.F.L. Roundup Committee Could Rule on Resting of Starters

The NFL Competition Committee could take up the question of whether teams should be allowed to rest their starters once they have secured a playoff berth.
    The committee, which decides on rules changes, discussed the issue in 2005, and decided that a team that has clinched its division title earned the right to rest starters in preparation for the postseason and “that preparing for the postseason is just as important as protecting some other team’s playoff opportunity,” according to the N.F.L. spokesman Greg Aiello.

But the issue flared again this week after the previously undefeated INDIANAPOLIS COLTS pulled their starters in the third quarter of last Sunday’s game against THE JETS, and subsequently lost the game. The move has drawn criticism from fans and the news media, although the Colts had made clear for weeks that an undefeated season was never their goal.
    That ran counter to how the PATRIOTS played in 2007, when they continued to play their starters as they went through an undefeated regular season. In the regular-season finale of 2007, the Patriots and the GIANTS both used their starters throughout.
    “We are aware of the fan reaction and that is a factor to be considered,” Aiello said. “Some teams that have everything clinched, like the Giants and Patriots two years ago, choose to play all out to continue or gain momentum for the playoffs. We expect to continue to review this issue.”

PAULYPOKER

Colts and Patriots are now under investigation
    January 2 Indianapolis Star January 3 Boston Herald Evening Post

DrStale
    DrStale's Avatar Become A Pro!

How can you force a team to play its starters? How can you tell a team who they can and cant play in a particular game? This is beyond ridiculous.

PAULYPOKER

For the integrity of the game that's how

NardVa
    NardVa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10509

Quote Originally Posted by PAULYPOKER View Post
    For the integrity of the game that's how

Right and it's not fair to teams like Houston that have to play a real game to try and make the playoffs while teams like the Jets get Colts and Cincy taking off back to back weeks.

DaColts
    DaColts's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1233

They earned to be in the spot there in. If you want in the playoffs win more games it's easy the colts planned out who got in and who was out. Live with it

PAULYPOKER

Quote Originally Posted by DaColts View Post
    They earned to be in the spot there in. If you want in the playoffs win more games it's easy the colts planned out who got in and who was out. Live with it

NO WORDS JUST WELL MAYBE A FEW IF I CAN STOP LAUGHING WON"T IT BE FUNNY WHEN THE JETS BEAT THE COLTS THEN I THINK YOUR OPINION ON THIS SUBJECT WILL CHANGE DRASTICALLY DO YA WANNA BET

PAULYPOKER

Quote Originally Posted by The Seer View Post
    If anything, the NFL WANTS the Steelers in the playoffs because they would bring much more money into the equation than the Texans and it is all about $.
    You see the NFL has no control over what team or teams assumes the fetal position but they are working on it right now as we speak because with the circus fake ass no showing integrity colt"s & Patriots made it obvious to the majority and also awoke the sleeping giant and do you know who that sleeping giant is??? It's called STEELER NATION AND IT IS ABOUT TO TAKE A BIG CHUNK OUT OF THE NFL'S ASS'S REVENUE!!!!! if nothing is done about it.

DaColts
    DaColts's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1233

What's the bet pauli on the colts jets. If the get by cincy in cincy when they will play there game.

PAULYPOKER

What's the bet pauli on the colts jets. If the get by cincy in cincy when they will play there game.
    No the bet is if the Colts get knocked out of the playoffs by the beggar Jets you will change your opinion on the subject of this thread cause as of now you are clearly against it. and really this is a no win situation for you cause if this would happen you would be doing this LAYING right beside your FETAL position team and I
    GUARANTEE IT!!!!!

Good day

PAULYPOKER

You also admitted in your statement in your own words that the coward Colt's organization purposely withdrew from a game to avoid playing a team that could destroy them in an Instant I don't know if you know what that spells but to any intelligent person or persons it spells FRAUD!