shopbar picks
    shopbar picks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22701

Adrian Peterson to the Cowboys?

Didn't understand Dallas letting Murray go. I feel AP has no place in a system with a strong QB.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Quote Originally Posted by shopbar picks View Post
    Didn't understand Dallas letting Murray go. I feel AP has no place in a system with a strong QB.
    They couldn't afford to pay Murray, there's no way they can afford AP. AP was one play from the SB with Favre.

shopbar picks
    shopbar picks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22701

Agreed. But Seems to me he has to go to a team where he's the star. Saints?

VeggieDog
    VeggieDog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20349

Adrian Peterson goes from Minnesota to Dallas? Well, that's a switch.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Quote Originally Posted by shopbar picks View Post
    Agreed. But Seems to me he has to go to a team where he's the star. Saints?
    Saints are in worse cap shape than the Cowboys, no way AP can go there. Only a few teams can fit AP's cap #.

AZ seems like the only realistic option for AP if he want to join a playoff team. JAX and OAK have the space, but aren't sniffing the playoffs likely any time soon. Most teams that had money to burn already shot their wad signing the big ticket free agents.

Whoever is managing AP's exit from Minny are doing a terrible job in the football sense, there aren't many good teams left for AP to join. But on the other hand if AP's camp can talk their way out of Minny, I'm curious if he has to pay back any of his $32M signing bonus from his current contract. Something fishy about the timing of all of this in my mind... I wonder if the agent is trying to double-dip by voiding AP's current contract by hook or by crook and then sign AP to a juicy new contract making money hand over fist.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: aston