LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Arizona Cardinals Willing to Offer High Draft Pick for Adrian Peterson

Interesting.

Yahoo's Charles Robinson reports the Cardinals will offer a "high draft pick" for Adrian Peterson if the Vikings put him on the market.

Peterson has reportedly told the Vikings he is still not happy, but he has yet to be put on the trade block. Robinson believes Minnesota could fetch as high as a second-round pick for Peterson. It would be tough to give up a high pick and swallow a $12.75 million salary hit for a running back entering his age-30 season, but Peterson is a generational player that has defied the laws of Biology before. It looks increasingly like Peterson has played his last snap in Minnesota.

Otters27
    Otters27's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 170

Looks like a good plan. I think AP will come out firing this year with a chip on his shoulder

Cross
    Cross's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9269

Ap, teddy, and Wallace could be special!

broadway6
    on to the next one
    broadway6's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1338

Minny is more than a RB away from the playoffs. Trade him for a draft pick or two, save some money, and move on.

BuckyOne
    BuckyOne's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 18961

He is not a winning player - can't block - doesn't catch swing passes - only cares about breaking runs, 1 yard, 1 yard. 2 yards, 1 yard, breaks one for 14 yards. Ask him to get 3 yards for a first down and he gets stopped for 1 yard. He is like a baseball hitter who strikes out a lot but can hit a home run when he connects.

Miinnesota_Niice
    Miinnesota_Niice's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Lol ^^ this guy

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 316

Problem with your theory LT the Cardinals don't have a high draft pick.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Quote Originally Posted by broadway6 View Post
    Minny is more than a RB away from the playoffs. Trade him for a draft pick or two, save some money, and move on.
    I disagree. They were 7-9 with AP yanked out from under them. He could be the missing piece as TB grows.

MexicanStallion
    MexicanStallion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11099

Would like to see the AP situation settled.

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM
    El Nino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1868

False. Talk around here is a 4th...maybe a 3rd. They just spent the last few years with Fitz's nightmare of a contract. Not to mention two guys with domestic violence charges. High money and bad PR.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

He will not do well in Arizona basically like when Emmett Smith went there he will be a bust

bigballa
    bigballa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4154

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    Interesting.

Yahoo's Charles Robinson reports the Cardinals will offer a "high draft pick" for Adrian Peterson if the Vikings put him on the market.

Peterson has reportedly told the Vikings he is still not happy, but he has yet to be put on the trade block. Robinson believes Minnesota could fetch as high as a second-round pick for Peterson. It would be tough to give up a high pick and swallow a $12.75 million salary hit for a running back entering his age-30 season, but Peterson is a generational player that has defied the laws of Biology before. It looks increasingly like Peterson has played his last snap in Minnesota.
    jesus i wouldnt take anything less than a 1st rounder, not like he is a bad football player he should be fine a year off dude should be in the best shape of his life....vikes will hang onto him....

mr. leisure
    mr. leisure's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 32870

3rd round pick sounds about right for him

broadway6
    on to the next one

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00 View Post
    I disagree. They were 7-9 with AP yanked out from under them. He could be the missing piece as TB grows.

you may be right....i'm not a fan of keep a 30 year old rb if you can get a 2nd round pick. Also, the guy doesn't want to be in Minny, so he may not give you 110% effort. I don't think Minny is a SB contender next year and AP will only get older.

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by bigballa View Post
    jesus i wouldnt take anything less than a 1st rounder, not like he is a bad football player he should be fine a year off dude should be in the best shape of his life....vikes will hang onto him....
    If he is on the block, it would mean Vikes don't want him (or feeling is mutual) and teams know it, so they would never get fair market value for him. Second rounder could be the best offer they get.

slacker00

you may be right....i'm not a fan of keep a 30 year old rb if you can get a 2nd round pick. Also, the guy doesn't want to be in Minny, so he may not give you 110% effort. I don't think Minny is a SB contender next year and AP will only get older.
    I don't see them anywhere near the SB with such a young QB, but getting into the tournament is a logical next step.

AP breaks the mold, he's a HOF RB, he's not interchangeable like Murray/McCoy. Still near his prime, gotta keep him.

meader99
    meader99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5231

AP is a different animal. Even though he's 30, he had a full season of no contact. He's going to have a monster year next year, hopefully not with Dallas.

broadway6
    on to the next one

Quote Originally Posted by meader99 View Post
    AP is a different animal. Even though he's 30, he had a full season of no contact. He's going to have a monster year next year, hopefully not with Dallas.

Will a monster year guarantee a playoff spot? Imo that's 50-50 at best, and my gut says no. The guy is a freak, but one would imagine that he has to slow down in the next 2-3 years.

Nobody can blame minny for keeping him though. He's a HOFer who hasn't slowed down and missing two years Bc of injury and suspension leaves plenty of tread on the tires.

Glad to see people on sbr give opinions without bashing.

meader99
    meader99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5231

Will a monster year guarantee a playoff spot? Imo that's 50-50 at best, and my gut says no. The guy is a freak, but one would imagine that he has to slow down in the next 2-3 years.

Nobody can blame minny for keeping him though. He's a HOFer who hasn't slowed down and missing two years Bc of injury and suspension leaves plenty of tread on the tires.

Glad to see people on sbr give opinions without bashing.
    No guarantees, but AP has led the vikes to the playoffs with worse quarterback play. Zimmer has the defense there playing well. I can't argue with Minny trying to get some form of decent return for him, and more importantly, shedding that contract.

jjgold

Quote Originally Posted by meader99 View Post
    Its all about defense and QB not about rushing yards

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    He will not do well in Arizona basically like when Emmett Smith went there he will be a bust
    Wrong. Smith was finishing out his career on fumes at that point. Peterson still has a lot left in tank. Stick to what you know baldy....which is pretty much nothing.

jjgold

Adrian Peterson has proved even with great stats the team got nowhere

A lot of Super Bowl winners did not have big-time runners

VeggieDog
    VeggieDog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20133

That's a switch.

DrunkHorseplayer
    Redskins forever
    DrunkHorseplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19455

Taking a shot on a soon-to-be 30 yo running back is foolish, regardless of his talent level.

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by VeggieDog View Post
    That's a switch.
    I see what you did there.

SharkAA
    SharkAA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6282

Arizona acquiring AP would be nice, since their QBs are bad, horrible and horrorawful.

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Running backs are overrated.

Running backs that beat children should be in jail.

jjgold

I think the way the current game is set up RB's are overrated in the game plan

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24749

If Peterson goes to Arizona, you can put a fork in him. He'll be on a milk carton effective immediately.

In the NFL, run success is predicated so much on the strength of the offensive line, not who's carrying the mail. Cardinals have a below average run blocking unit up front. That, combined with the age of Peterson and the strength of defenses in the NFC West pretty much guarantees "all day" is all done.

On the flip side, if he winds up in Dallas, he would be poised for a monster year.

jjgold

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Munny View Post
    If Peterson goes to Arizona, you can put a fork in him. He'll be on a milk carton effective immediately.

In the NFL, run success is predicated so much on the strength of the offensive line, not who's carrying the mail. Cardinals have a below average run blocking unit up front. That, combined with the age of Peterson and the strength of defenses in the NFC West pretty much guarantees "all day" is all done.

On the flip side, if he winds up in Dallas, he would be poised for a monster year.
    solid post

slacker00

Quote Originally Posted by SharkAA View Post
    Arizona acquiring AP would be nice, since their QBs are bad, horrible and horrorawful.
    Palmer was respectable before he got hurt. Putting 8 in the box with AP could really help him.

STAX
    STAX's Avatar Become A Pro!

pretty good post Munny, but before you slam Arizona's Oline, they were banged up and play in the best division in football, especially when it comes to run defense. I agree that AP going to Dallas makes him poised for a big year, but O-lines are kind of like bullpens in baseball, they fluctuate from year to year for each team a lot. Plus next year is a new year... I'd put a lot of weight on which division he goes to, and obviously what team he is on and who the QB and coach are. I think he will probably be overvalued no matter where he ends up though when its all said and done. Sat out a year, and is old for a RB... but he is AP and we saw what he did 8 months after tearing his ACL in 2013.

Dilo
    Big bets win big money
    Dilo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 953

Adrian Peterson is an instant upgrade. Arizona averaged 80rpg rank 31st last season, Peterson did a lot better than that when he last played. Peterson will get the playing time, plus he can split with Ellington so he doesn't wear out. It's a good win win situation for both parties.

BarkingToad
    BarkingToad's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 18797

That would be a big upgrade for Cards, I'm sure Arians would use him well.

Cross
    Cross's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9269

Ap is a game changer, just a beast, ask his kid.

12 Last