EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Eagles to Sign RB Ryan Matthews

http://www.si.com/nfl/2015/03/11/phi...ws-free-agency

Free agent running back Ryan Mathews will visit with the Philadelphia Eagles on Wednesday and is expected to sign with the team, reports Fox Sports' Mike Garafolo.
    I actually think this one is okay. He's not being counted on to be the guy and he is a downhill runner type that Chip craves. I think he fits in well with Polk & Sproles to give them a good rotation. Of course he'll probably miss some games, but that's why you have multiple backs who can do things for your team.

Still would think they would grab a RB in the draft as well. Matthews could actually be a nice bargain if he can play double digit games and give good production. Can't imagine he's going to cost a lot.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 19 minutes ago

Landing Ryan Mathews does not end Philadelphia's pursuit of Dallas free-agent RB DeMarco Murray. Hardly.

EaglesPhan36

Said it before, the only interest Philly has in him is that HE has gone out of his way to say he is interested. Murray and his camp are scrambling because they want to up the bidding on him. Problem is it's not going to happen. Listening to DFW sports talk that is the common perception is that Murray continues to feel disrespected, so it's the age old practice I think of trying to make yourself look wanted.

If the Eagles wanted Murray, they could have paid for him out of the gate. I would be shocked and extremely disappointed if they signed him. I think he overestimated his worth and is finding out now that he's unlikely to get LeSean McCoy money unless the Jags and Raiders try to outbid each money.

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Another injury prone player. Something else Eagles fans have to look forward to.

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24854

Bad signing.

EaglesPhan36

Three years with only $5 million guaranteed? What's bad about that? Guy could easily outperform that or be exactly what he was last year, injured and only around for a quarter of the season. Either way, that's a decent gamble for a guy to be just part of a 3-4 man rotation at RB. It's not like they are counting on him for 20 touches a game.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

They need to sign Percy harvin so they can run a reverse with him Bradford and Mathews and have them all injured on the same play
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Guinser, and smitch124

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47428

can't stay on the field and fumbles a lot...he is a physical runner and good receiver out of the backfield though.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32799

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    Another injury prone player. Something else Eagles fans have to look forward to.
    Yeah, damaged goods.
    Very productive when healthy, big gamble.

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Just what the Eagles need...a guy with a reputation of being fragile and can't stay on the field....it will work well with their new mobile QB Sam Bradford and awesome offense line that they had from last year....wait....someone is going to die

EaglesPhan36

If he plays 12-14 games and puts up 4 yds a carry, it's a win IMO. Last year was tough with him only playing 6 games, but that was the low. I mean the year before he played all 16 and no one talks about that and has played at least 12 games in every season except last year.

I just don't see the problem. I'd rather take a shot at Matthews at this price than pay some like DeMarco Murray $9 million or whatever guaranteed when his body is just as likely to break down.

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    If he plays 12-14 games and puts up 4 yds a carry, it's a win IMO. Last year was tough with him only playing 6 games, but that was the low. I mean the year before he played all 16 and no one talks about that and has played at least 12 games in every season except last year.

I just don't see the problem. I'd rather take a shot at Matthews at this price than pay some like DeMarco Murray $9 million or whatever guaranteed when his body is just as likely to break down.
    His 2013 regular season was decent, but very inconsistent from week to week.

existential
    existential's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 168545

my goodness this is just humiliating already. this team is dogshit

Unwritten Law
    Unwritten Law's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -1617

He's good when healthy but hasn't solved his fumbling problems. The injury bug is attached to him but hopefully he has a good season with Philly.

sharper2
    sharper2's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6817

Love this signing. Good fit for this offense

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    Said it before, the only interest Philly has in him is that HE has gone out of his way to say he is interested. Murray and his camp are scrambling because they want to up the bidding on him. Problem is it's not going to happen. Listening to DFW sports talk that is the common perception is that Murray continues to feel disrespected, so it's the age old practice I think of trying to make yourself look wanted.

If the Eagles wanted Murray, they could have paid for him out of the gate. I would be shocked and extremely disappointed if they signed him. I think he overestimated his worth and is finding out now that he's unlikely to get LeSean McCoy money unless the Jags and Raiders try to outbid each money.
    Sounds like the interest is mutual to me.

Free agent DeMarco Murray will visit the Eagles on Thursday.

Per ESPN's Adam Caplan, the Eagles' interest in Murray "got serious" on Wednesday, even after signing Ryan Mathews. The Jaguars already seem to have dropped out of the Murray running, while the Raiders were likely only included to drive up Murray's price tag. We'd expect Murray's decision to come down to the Eagles or Cowboys. Dallas' offer is $5 million annually.

Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter

Sledge187
    Sledge187's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6001

This is going to end badly for Chippy.

LT Profits

Mathews has not signed a contract yet and he could back out ala Frank Gore after Demarco Murray signs with Eagles today.