aston
    aston's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3658

DO YOU RESPECT *DAN MARINO* AND IS HE ON YOUR TOP 5 LIST OF BEST NFL QUARTERBACKs

The year of1984, Miami was ridiculous (14-2, 513 PF), and Marino turned in arguably the best year ever by a QB in NFL History.

He threw for 48 TDs and 5,084 yards, averaged 9 yards a throw, and was intercepted only 17 times. Manning (49) and Brady (50) have broken the single-season TD mark, but consider this: when Marino set it, the old record was 36. So it would have been like Manning or Brady tossing 64 or 65 TDs, comparitively, it terms of how badly Marino obliterated existing records. Or like a player breaking Barry Bonds' home run record of 73 by hitting... 97 or 98 homers. Ridiculous.

Unfortunately for Marino, he ran into one of the five best NFL teams ever, and arguably the best ever, in the 1984 Niners in the Super Bowl (18-1, 475-227, +248).

I will never understand why the front office never gave him a good running back...........

my top FIVE NFL QBs

1.JOHN ELWAY
    2.JOE MONTANA
    3.*DAN MARINO* (best pure passer ever)
    4 PEYTON MANNING (should retire now though)
    5.TOM BRADY

honorable mention brett favre
    Last edited by aston; 02-15-15 at 09:58 PM.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

It'd be fun to see Marino in his prime with today's rules. I could see 65 TDs in a year. One of a kind.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: aston, and blueghost

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

Yeah Marino was amazing and arguably the best true passer to ever play. He gets knocked for not winning the ring but never had the personnel some other greats had. Really impossible to mix eras though for sake of fair argument. 60's/70's certainly featured the run more it seemed, 80's/90's the Qb and pass gm started taking more spotlight. And now in today's gm post 2000 era with all the new rules tilted to QB and offense it's really not fair to compare if just going off stats.

Remember in this day and age you cannot hardly touch a QB or Wr without getting flagged/fined and defense is at a big disadvantage compared to when the now retired greats played.

mikeya2k
    penetrate
    mikeya2k's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2313

im a big believer that I cannot truly judge any quarterback past when I remember watching them.

I am 19

I cannot tell you if Marino is great

I do not miss a snap on Sundays since I have been 12 and now its not just Tom Brady (who is the GOAT and the greatest of my time) I see every QB via redzone etc

In 25 years I can tell u the best of my generation is

Just like my dad at 55 can .

basketball- how can i tell u jordan is better than lebron? I see the greatness lebron had i only heard or see highlights of MJ.

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

Good perspective Mike I got about 20 on ya and remember Marino well but can't say much about Starr, Tarkenton with a true sense having not been born yet.

OTL
    OTL's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5277

Hell yes he is. No way the Dolphins ever made the playoffs without him. He just ran into a team stacked with HOF'ers in the 49ers. You can't put that on him at all for not winning a Superbowl, because the front office never gave him the supporting cast to make it happen.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: aston