Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 346

Vince Lombardi Is Now This Couple's Favorite Coach

A West Point sweater was purchased from a North Carolina Goodwill store last June for 58 cents. However, it turns out the sweater is worth much, much more.

McEvoy and his wife Rikki bought the sweater from the Goodwill store last year and didn't think much of it—until they were watching a documentary on legendary Green Bay Packers coach Vince Lombardi.

In the documentary, there was a photo of Lombardi wearing a sweater that looked like the one the couple had bought at the Goodwill store. After McEvoy mentioned it to his wife, she told him she had seen a name tag inside the sweater.

Lombardi. 46.

The McEvoys contacted the Pro Football Hall of Fame, which wanted them to donate the sweater. Knowing the sweater is worth a nice chunk of change, the couple instead called up Heritage Auctions, which will sell the item on Feb. 21.

Heritage Auctions estimates the sweater is worth more than $20,000. That's not a bad return on a 58-cent purchase.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...mming-national

I wouldn't have donated the thing either. Hall Of Fame is so damn cheap. Is this a common practice for them? I can imagine how many items they have lost if that is the case. Hell, they might have gotten it for a couple of thousand dollars, if they offered it.
    Last edited by Mr KLC; 02-10-15 at 10:28 AM.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

No kidding lol HOF wanted them to donate, pathetic, glad they were smarter than that. Although I cant really see why the Hall would care too much about it, they probably have lots of Lombardi things and its just a sweater, Id imagine theyed have cooler things, but what do I know, I wouldnt have guessed they possibly could get 20k for it. Would like to see how this plays out.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 346

Yeah, I think I'm going to the Goodwill tomorrow.