thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

anyone else think seattle falls back next year

lost dc quinn to atlanta, will lose lynch likely, bevell the oc may get canned, any of sign of trouble could be a ton of finger pointing, faith lost in the coaching staff after this game, strong division, etc, etc, etc, yet they open as the super bowl favorite

Vinnie Paz
    Vinnie Paz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3413

People said all this same shit last year too

Oh they lost too many guys yada yada.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

I thought they would be back this year, but at some point this stuff catches up to everyone except New England apparently, this was about as crushing a loss as you could have gotten, GB at 7-1 seems like a good choice at first glance

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21629

Maybe, who knows. Really hard to make 3 in a row.

sneakerhead
    I NEED MONEY
    sneakerhead's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1417

lets see how Wilson's contract pans out

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21629

Quote Originally Posted by sneakerhead View Post
    lets see how Wilson's contract pans out
    It will pan out very high.

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head
    DOM_Toretto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 989

If Lynch doesn't come back, Seattle will be soft as a pillow.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

the one thing you can say in their favor is that the defense was very beat up by the end of the season

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 346

After seeing some of their actions, primarily the toilet touchdown celebration, and the thug fights at the end, I see an implosion similar to the 49er's this year. No discipline. I don't care what these guys say to the press. There will be some resentment toward Carroll after that play call.

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1896

I agree with the loss of their defensive coordinator.
    Defense will regress if they don't replace him with a good defensive coordinator.

Edit: 4th and stupid misread my message.
    Last edited by GunShard; 02-02-15 at 10:13 AM.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

a lot of the reporters were saying they were badmouthing the call leaving the field

Boner_18
    Update your status
    Boner_18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1031

Quote Originally Posted by Vinnie Paz View Post
    People said all this same shit last year too

Oh they lost too many guys yada yada.
    And they did. Runner up < Super Bowl champs.

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22119

Their tackling was awful. This whole league can't tackle but a few guys. Offense is very soft and very predictable

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

yes

they had 2 shots..hard to get anymore

everything as to go right

4TH AND STUPID
    best NFL capper at SBR
    4TH AND STUPID's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1990

Quote Originally Posted by GunShard View Post
    I agree with the loss of their defensive coordinator.
    Defense will regress if they don't replace him with a good defensive coordinator.
    The loss of Percy Harvin effected the Seahawks, I should of stayed away from the Seahawks once I heard that news earlier in the season.

WHat the hell are you talking about? What does percy harvin have to do with this? Are you really this stupid? Sersiouly?

They had 2nd and goal on the 1 to win the superbowl and didnt hand off to lynch. Wake up you moron. It has NOTHING to do with percy harvin and if you think that you shouldve stayed away youre stupid as hell because guess what? they made it to the super bowl and had the game all but won.

You're really just looking like a fool here making such a statement when they were 1 yard and 3 downs away and threw the game away.

Indeep
    Indeep's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3292

I do see some more attrition next year that brings them closer to the pack. Still a very good team, but the long runs into the playoffs has already started to take its toll with injuries, and the players and coaches are getting pilfered by other teams. Its just the nature of the cap in the NFL.

It was interesting to note that some of the players were very quick to turn on players coach Caroll and throw him under the bus. This has got to have a bit of a hangover into next year, just like Mcarthy will have with GB. Not to say they can't get back there, but its going to be even tougher.

pattymayo
    pattymayo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

Salary cap will catch up to them. Once they pay Wilson they won't be able to keep that defense together. Can't pay everybody. They're done, probably won't even make the playoffs next year

GunShard

Quote Originally Posted by 4TH AND STUPID View Post
    WHat the hell are you talking about? What does percy harvin have to do with this? Are you really this stupid? Sersiouly?

They had 2nd and goal on the 1 to win the superbowl and didnt hand off to lynch. Wake up you moron. It has NOTHING to do with percy harvin and if you think that you shouldve stayed away youre stupid as hell because guess what? they made it to the super bowl and had the game all but won.

You're really just looking like a fool here making such a statement when they were 1 yard and 3 downs away and threw the game away.
    You moron, you misread my message because you thought I was talking about a super bowl bet. I had a Seahawks futures bet to win the super bowl during the middle of the season.
    I was not talking about my straight bet on the super bowl, I was talking about my futures bet during the regular season.

I'm talking about how their offense did not performed at a high standard after Percy Harvin was gone.
    ESPN NFL matchup showed how Harvin was a key factor to many of their plays.
    I already talked about that super bowl game on another thread, no shit the super bowl has nothing to do with Percy Harvin.
    This thread is NOT only about the super bowl.
    It's about the Seahawks moving forward as a whole on offense, defense, special teams and coaching.
    Last edited by GunShard; 02-02-15 at 10:12 AM.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by thetrinity View Post
    I thought they would be back this year, but at some point this stuff catches up to everyone except New England apparently, this was about as crushing a loss as you could have gotten, GB at 7-1 seems like a good choice at first glance
    link to the odds please...

I think Buffalo Bills and Carolina Panthers are good long shots

SEAHAWKHARRY
    Northern Lights
    SEAHAWKHARRY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2385

This was the second defensive coordinator they have lost in 4 yrs it's the system and scouting that's brings in our defense talent we'll be back in the mix next year

SEAHAWKHARRY
    Northern Lights

Quote Originally Posted by pattymayo View Post
    Salary cap will catch up to them. Once they pay Wilson they won't be able to keep that defense together. Can't pay everybody. They're done, probably won't even make the playoffs next year
    dumb

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Won't have the salary cap leverage + this loss = they'll fall back some. Still will be a solid team, but it took a miracle to get to the Superbowl this season. Will be very tough to 3-peat

Vinnie Paz
    Vinnie Paz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3413

Quote Originally Posted by SEAHAWKHARRY View Post
    This was the second defensive coordinator they have lost in 4 yrs it's the system and scouting that's brings in our defense talent we'll be back in the mix next year
    Harry gets it. Coordinators come and go, but the philosophies stay consistent. Look how many DCs Baltimore loses and they're always a top D.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: GunShard

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    Won't have the salary cap leverage + this loss = they'll fall back some. Still will be a solid team, but it took a miracle to get to the Superbowl this season. Will be very tough to 3-peat
    it all depends on having Maxwell, Sherman, Thomas, and Chancelor on the team AND healthy.

The NFL is a pass happy league and as long as they retain Maxwell they will be solid.

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22119

Quote Originally Posted by 4TH AND STUPID View Post

They made it to the superbowl because the championship game they lucked into playing a 30 percent Rodgers and still needed a fluke to win. They were awful in first half in the superbowl and once again needed a miracle to even be in a spot to win. Harvin made that offense dangerous and if u don't think that was a factor maybe maybe calling someone else a fool isnt a good idea.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: GunShard

klemopixx
    Shit just got real.
    klemopixx's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2395

Retaining Maxwell will be costly and as with any team drafting well is a must! If you can't keep bringing in younger talent, injuries and age will erode any team.

champlain
    champlain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4860

They will get their two starting defensive tackles back. Mebane and Hill are very good players. They lost two players during the super bowl, Lane and avril. Sherman and Chancello were injured as well before the game. That's a lot of injuries to a defense. If things work out, they are stacked.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

Quote Originally Posted by thetrinity View Post
    the one thing you can say in their favor is that the defense was very beat up by the end of the season
    even with a beat up defense, they would've been fine. that injury to lane was the key. simon was a big leak that got exposed time and time again.

GunShard

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
    They made it to the superbowl because the championship game they lucked into playing a 30 percent Rodgers and still needed a fluke to win. They were awful in first half in the superbowl and once again needed a miracle to even be in a spot to win. Harvin made that offense dangerous and if u don't think that was a factor maybe maybe calling someone else a fool isnt a good idea.
    Finally someone who gets it. Percy Harvin was the fastest player on offense for the Seahawks.
    Especially when Harvin returned the punt for TD against the Broncos during last years super bowl.

SEAHAWKHARRY
    Northern Lights

We'll be back

Bank it

broadway6
    on to the next one
    broadway6's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1338

seattle is a very young team. they will have some salary cap problems as soon as wilson gets his huge payday, but they draft well in the late rounds and again, they are young. they will compete for the NFC crown next year

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

They honestly didn't utilize read option as well as I thought they would against New England. Even with 2-3 yards a carry.... New England's D would of been fatigued. Russell Wilson could of taken a better beating.... final game of the year... throw it all out on the table. Poor play selection against New England. Wilson/Lynch could break one open at any time.... would of opened up passing plays as well. Just horrible play calling.

As for Seattle next year... I feel with Wilson... he can win any game with his speed. I don't know if he'll have the same personnel to work with??? I'm going to say... things will be different in the Seattle organization.

Borderline WILD CARD next year... maybe won't make the playoffs.

broadway6
    on to the next one

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
    let's be honest, it wasn't a miracle, but it took a horrible play call for them to lose the super bowl too.

youngfl0yd
    youngfl0yd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1887

The Rams will be the best in the NFC West next season

broadway6
    on to the next one

Quote Originally Posted by youngfl0yd View Post
    The Rams will be the best in the NFC West next season
    doubt that...but that would be AWESOME!!!

12 Last