TankHankerous
    Frrrrrrunkis!
    TankHankerous's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 576

Defense Wins Championships

Why should this year be any different?

I'm leaning Seahawks pk, but waiting until closer to game time to get a better line.

Remember in the beginning of the season when the NE secondary was giving up tons of yardage per game? What changed since then and how did NE defense step it up so much?

BeanTownClown88
    BeanTownClown88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4131

Because the offense has to be able to do SOMETHING...good teams wear down defenses..

It is hard to picture the NE defense looking better just based on how they handle seattles offense?

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13158

Quote Originally Posted by TankHankerous View Post
    Why should this year be any different?

I'm leaning Seahawks pk, but waiting until closer to game time to get a better line.

Remember in the beginning of the season when the NE secondary was giving up tons of yardage per game? What changed since then and how did NE defense step it up so much?
    Quote Originally Posted by BeanTownClown88 View Post
    Because the offense has to be able to do SOMETHING...good teams wear down defenses..

It is hard to picture the NE defense looking better just based on how they handle seattles offense?

Simple. Even the coaches know, nobody really cares about the first 7-8 games. Still working out the kinks ie; See Seattle & N.E. it's the second half that counts and getting to the playoffs. Winning early did wonders for KC & AZ. & Philly. LOL.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Quote Originally Posted by 44 Mag View Post

Simple. Even the coaches know, nobody really cares about the first 7-8 games. Still working out the kinks ie; See Seattle & N.E. it's the second half that counts and getting to the playoffs. Winning early did wonders for KC & AZ. & Philly. LOL.
    Gotta give PHI and AZ a little leeway, pretty tough to get by with a backup QB these days.

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13158

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00 View Post
    Gotta give PHI and AZ a little leeway, pretty tough to get by with a backup QB these days.
    Agreed, but statement is true, I even heard Belicheck make a similar reference early in the year. Hey you can come out 5-3 or 4-4 and still make the playoffs, nobody gets to high or low after a few games, unless of course you are JAX or Oakland. LOL. Same applies to the NBA & MLB, it's all about the second half, just my thought's. Enjoy the game today Slacker. Who you on??? Let me guess: Seattle.