Capybara
    Punta Cana, bitches!
    Capybara's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6238

Listen, I've stated my case in here over and over that I think his behavior is unbelievably childish and even reprehensible.

But... I don't like to be a "hater" of anyone since I don't believe in the culture of hate and exclusivity... and obviously I don't know the guy personally, so I could adjust my phrasing to say that I detest the way he has chosen to live his public life, but beyond that I can't say anything about him as a person, how he treats his family or fans in public, etc.

As I also said, I have nothing but respect for his skills on the field. I hope it's a great game Sunday between two teams playing hard but giving each other respect! Above all, let's please have no BS calls deciding the game!

AchillesTG
    AchillesTG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6000

Isn't amazing when you retire and go broke, you can do almost anything for commercials and TV!!!
    We all work for a living and do things at work that we hate, but we do it because that is part of the job.

Buck Up, Dude!

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3369

Quote Originally Posted by statnerds View Post
    fukk you. guy shouldn't have to talk to the media. fukk the media. nfl players just like the rest of us, just winners of the genetic lottery when it comes size, speed, strength. where were the fans or media when he was working his dikk off since the age of 5 or whatever to get where he is today? he owes nothing to any of us, the fans or the media. and anxiety is no joke, not sure if that has anything to do with it or not.

fukkin NFL more concerned with a guy not wanting to talk to the media than they are some fukkin cheating arse coach and team with a track record of cheating...fukkin joke.

don't be hatin.
    Hey dude,if it wasnt for the flippin fans he wont have that great life.

rock1010
    wtf
    rock1010's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 459

Tiger Woods smug azz is just as bad. He still acts like hes the best player in the world!

AchillesTG
    AchillesTG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6000

The sad thing is the media, just ignore the guy and move on! If he wants to be left alone, don't ask all these dumb ass questions knowing what the response will be. They are just fueling the fire.

I still circle back: Fans paid good hard money for Media Days. Kids look up to him as a hero, pay $100 bucks for Fathead, trading cards, etc.

Deflategate and Marshawn are:

Name:  hear.jpg
Views: 159
Size:  14.9 KB

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out
    MoMoneyMoVaughn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4547

Reporters just doing their job. Unfortunate situation.

One that I would like to hope propels mental health issues out of the background of popular media.

Not saying with any definite evidence that such is that case for Marshawn, I just think we underestimate the pressure that many stars, who are at the end of the day often people like the rest of us and not the Lebrons and Kobes of the world, are placed under simply by succeeding at their craft.

frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

The guy is scared of the media, just leave him alone. He didn't even go to the white house to met a black President for fuksake. At first I thought he was a jack@ss, but this guy has real anxiety issue talking to a crowd. This guy hasn't done nothing thuggrish except amazingly performing his job. Don't understand the hate.

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out
    MoMoneyMoVaughn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4547

Quote Originally Posted by MoMoneyMoVaughn View Post
    Reporters just doing their job. Unfortunate situation.

One that I would like to hope propels mental health issues out of the background of popular media.

Not saying with any definite evidence that such is that case for Marshawn, I just think we underestimate the pressure that many stars, who are at the end of the day often people like the rest of us and not the Lebrons and Kobes of the world, are placed under simply by succeeding at their craft.
    Disregard this. I have been drinking... again.

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15060

Quote Originally Posted by Capybara View Post
    This is not correct. His requirement was to make himself AVAILABLE to the media. He was physically present but he was the furthest fukkin thing from AVAILABLE.
    So you took that requirement to mean he had to make himself EMOTIONALLY AVAILABLE??

Yikes.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Instead of crying about Marshawn, why not talk about the other 100+ players that said something "meaningful".

I asked this last time this came up, link me another SB NFL interview that is worth half a shit. I didn't think so.

Capybara
    Punta Cana, bitches!
    Capybara's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6238

Quote Originally Posted by Ralphie Halves View Post
    So you took that requirement to mean he had to make himself EMOTIONALLY AVAILABLE??

Yikes.
    Not at all, I meant the regular definition of available. Explain to me how he made himself available. Ralphie, I'm available for questions on tonight's NBA plays. Go ahead and start asking me.

kidcudi92
    W and Based Poster
    kidcudi92's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1679

I'm just here so SBR won't fine me.
    Points Awarded:

slacker00 gave kidcudi92 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: MoMoneyMoVaughn

slacker00

Quote Originally Posted by kidcudi92 View Post
    I'm just here so SBR won't fine me.
    You mean you are just here to collect your daily Betpoint.

samdapatriotsfan
    samdapatriotsfan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1040

I personally don't like the media either and I applaud what he is doing.

F*ck those reporters and their BS stories. I know they have jobs to do it is just very few of them do it acceptably let alone well.

Do yo thang Marshawn!!! And this coming from a life long Pats Fan!!!

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

reporters killed sports

Vinnie Paz
    Vinnie Paz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3413

Shout out to the real Africans out there

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Quote Originally Posted by robmpink View Post
    Manny Ramirez takes the cake.
    At first I thought Lynch was an idiot. Now, his style is kind of humorous and entertaining. Every major sport needs a guy like this... kind of reminds me of Dennis Rodman.

I agree with the Manny Ramirez post. Time heals everything... makes you forget. But the guy was the cockiest dirt bag around.... and for what??? Guy was loaded with illegal performance enhancers.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

We have all worked with, went to school with, or live near "that" guy. Most of us just keep it moving and cross the street when we see him. The nfl and the media chase him down and try to tag and bag him. Who has the mental disorder again?

New England Pats
    New England Pats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Shout-out mental health issues

officepoolguy
    officepoolguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 63

Marshawn's antics are pure genius from a business sense!!!
    - He has 4 trademark phrases
    - He has a hat that has sold out selling at $33
    - He has 2 of the 10 top stories on NFL ESPN today
    - When he gets fined it goes to charity (win/win)
    - This has made his teammates come to his defense which is even more publicity and more money.

Its all about the business...if it was about social anxiety he would have just answered the questions, kept a low profile and stopped the circus. He talked over 15 off the cuff at his fund raiser. It is a business decision not a social disorder.

Pure business genius.

slacker00

The player interview is such a dinosaur concept now days anyway. If a player wants to say anything, just tweet it.

Ralphie Halves

Quote Originally Posted by officepoolguy View Post
    Marshawn's antics are pure genius from a business sense!!!
    - He has 4 trademark phrases
    - He has a hat that has sold out selling at $33
    - He has 2 of the 10 top stories on NFL ESPN today
    - When he gets fined it goes to charity (win/win)
    - This has made his teammates come to his defense which is even more publicity and more money.

Its all about the business...if it was about social anxiety he would have just answered the questions, kept a low profile and stopped the circus. He talked over 15 off the cuff at his fund raiser. It is a business decision not a social disorder.

Pure business genius.
    Sharpest post of the day.

Ralphie Halves

Quote Originally Posted by Capybara View Post
    Not at all, I meant the regular definition of available. Explain to me how he made himself available. Ralphie, I'm available for questions on tonight's NBA plays. Go ahead and start asking me.
    If he wasn't doing what the NFL says to do, he WOULD be getting fined. He's playing the game his way. Good for him.

PAYTON20
    PAYTON20's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 770

Legendary interview

He schools these dumbass reporters

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3369

If every other athlete can be bothered,then so can this guy. Interviews are helping to promote the Sport that puts food on his table,he signed a contract knowing what it all entailed.

PAYTON20

slacker00

The more I watch, the more I see these reporters as parasites trying to leach off his fame.

What was that first guy trying to shout out? Whiney ass academy? What a bitch.
    Points Awarded:

PAYTON20 gave slacker00 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

If this is all you degenerate lying idiots have to say about the game, stfu. You liars are all the same. Argue about an absolute meaningless point. Claim to make wagers that you never make. 90% of the people in here are nothing but phonies. You clowns wish that you make 1/10th as much money as Lynch does. You are nothing more than a bunch of broke washed[-up wanna-be's who are trying to impress people with your total stupidity. If you can't talk about the game, take a f**king hike. I could care less about Lynch, Belicheck, Brady, or anyone else. To me, they are just like rac e horses. Animals to consider when wagering, and NOTHING else.

PAYTON20

PAYTON20

PAYTON20

Beast Mode is misunderstood by most. If you want to see what he's all about, watch these videos.

http://q13fox.com/2014/12/15/beast-m...ick-raw-video/

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32787

Beast Mode is a loser

Stocks
    Stocks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2984

I like him more because he doesn't talk to the media.

The media's only job especially in sports is to try to make you say something controversial so they can then bury you.

TheLock
    TheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7931

When I saw him dancing on the sideline when his team was down big vs Green Bay I lost all respect for him.

He draws more attention to himself by NOT talking to the media.

Everyone knows media questions are stupid and a waste of time but you are an employee of the NFL. Gotta play the game.

grease lightnin
    &
    grease lightnin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3185

After watching the Thursday press conference, I am convinced he is full of it with the high anxiety shit. It takes balls to look all those people in the face and tell them to penetrate off like that. The right thing to do is be thankful that you get to play a game for a living, show some humility, and if you truly hate the process and what the media does, then don't give the canned answers and put some thought into your responses to say what you think needs to be said.

He will be slanging crack rocks before the end of the decade.

First 123 Last