jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

Quote Originally Posted by rocky16 View Post
    Yes and has been backed up with actual research. Unreal.
    How come you wont explain how its possible then, even to 10.5 psi, explain such.

officepoolguy
    officepoolguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 63

You're a little slow huh tard? The footballs were played with in the first half
    Yes and has been backed up with actual research. Unreal
    Really???
    Please show this "Tard" the research that proves that a ball will deflate 2 LBs in 51 degree weather in less than 90 minutes.

You obviously don't believe Bill Nye the "Science Guy" so show me proof!

DrunkHorseplayer
    Redskins forever
    DrunkHorseplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19551

The effect of weather on the balls' PSI is negligible if not non-existant and anyone who seriously believes Belichik's explanation is scientifically foolish. Those fumble stats are incredible.

officepoolguy

Also wouldn't the Colts footballs also be under the minimum range if it was the weather in the first half??? (to my knowledge they tested both teams footballs and only the Patriots were under).

rocky16
    rocky16's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40

Quote Originally Posted by officepoolguy View Post
    Really???
    Please show this "Tard" the research that proves that a ball will deflate 2 LBs in 51 degree weather in less than 90 minutes.

You obviously don't believe Bill Nye the "Science Guy" so show me proof!
    1 pound dummy. Refer back to my detailed comment. 1 POUND. Dear lord some of you focks can't even read. Do the research and come back to me. And bill nye? Really? Some chomo who does science projects for preschoolers. Some of you degens amaze me with your stupidity

rocky16

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHorseplayer View Post
    The effect of weather on the balls' PSI is negligible if not non-existant and anyone who seriously believes Belichik's explanation is scientifically foolish. Those fumble stats are incredible.
    Anyone who doesn't believe Belichicks explanation is scientifically foolish. See what I did there chief.

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13110

Quote Originally Posted by 44 Mag View Post
    How does any one even know if the ref's checked them. This has never happened before. The PART TIME ref's said of course we checked 36 NFL footballs EXACTLY 2 hours and 15 minutes before the game . LOL. Like they have nothing else to do. Nobody checked anything. They just said they did. Haven't seen one interview with a "game official" yet. It is so routine they probably can't even be bothered. Pick it , ok , feels right. LOL.
    Nobody checked anything. This is all one big joke. The Colts got blown out, end of story. One conspiracy theory: Harbaugh from the Ravens got insulted when he accused the Pat's of illegal substitutions, which they were not. Brady responded by saying " They should read the rule book". Then Harbaugh called the Colts and said something about the footballs. Two crybaby coaches who hate losing to the Patriot's. Well, who likes losing???

officepoolguy

1 pound dummy. Refer back to my detailed comment.
    The footballs were 2lbs UNDER the MINIMUM of 12.5 PSI not 13.5...i stated this earlier but some are too busy thinking of insults.

It is amazing how hostile people get when they have backed themselves into a corner defending an illogical idea. Lol.

rocky16

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    How come you wont explain how its possible then, even to 10.5 psi, explain such.

rocky16

The footballs were 2lbs UNDER the MINIMUM of 12.5 PSI not 13.5...i stated this earlier but some are too busy thinking of insults.

It is amazing how hostile people get when they have backed themselves into a corner defending an illogical idea. Lol.
    The NFL confirmed this "fact"?

rocky16

Science. Now what haters?

rocky16

Tell me I'm "backed into a corner" now, hardo.

rocky16

I guess all the jealous haters and keyboard warriors slithered away.

rocky16

No where did the NFL state this as fact. Only that focking hater Mort came up with this. In fact pro football talk.com sources say ten of the footballs were about 1 pound under. Which backs up Belichicks cclaim. Maybe the patriots organization deserves an apology.

officepoolguy

Good you provided some proof at least...but if the weather was the factor then why were the Colts footballs still at 13 lbs??? They checked ALL 24 FOOTBALLS!!

Keep trying...and keep the insults coming.

rocky16

Good you provided some proof at least...but if the weather was the factor then why were the Colts footballs still at 13 lbs??? They checked ALL 24 FOOTBALLS!!

Keep trying...and keep the insults coming.
    If colts had balls at 13.5 and lost 1 pound they'd still be in range. I will continue the the insults because you're a tard.

officepoolguy

LOL you are better at insults than math....

Your own video just said that it would be a 2lb drop. The Patriots footballs went from 12.5 to 10.5 (2 lbs). The Colts footballs even if it was at the top of the range at 13.5 (which i doubt they were) would drop it to 11.5 which is UNDER the minimum range. I don't understand your logic again sorry. Explain it without the insult this time.

rocky16

LOL you are better at insults than math....

Your own video just said that it would be a 2lb drop. The Patriots footballs went from 12.5 to 10.5 (2 lbs). The Colts footballs even if it was at the top of the range at 13.5 (which i doubt they were) would drop it to 11.5 which is UNDER the minimum range. I don't understand your logic again sorry. Explain it without the insult this time.
    If you can't see how the balls deflated from natural causes then I don't know what to tell ya pal.

jtoler

Proved nothing, room temp 75 degrees? Wow.

officepoolguy

The average drop according to that video is 1.8 lbs...so I will ask again WHY WEREN'T THE COLTS BALLS FOUND UNDER THE MINIMUM (all 24 footballs were tested at half)?

Insult away Rocky...i can't wait to hear it.

officepoolguy

Adding fuel to the fumble issue

Sharp Football Analysis has some interesting findings:

"Patriots players fumbled SIGNIFICANTLY more often when playing on other NFL teams than when playing for the Patriots"
    and

1. "Learning ball possession skills in New England did NOT transfer to other NFL teams after players left"

Here is the article:

http://www.sharpfootballanalysis.com/blog/

New England Pats
    New England Pats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Adding fuel to the fumble issue

Sharp Football Analysis has some interesting findings:

"Patriots players fumbled SIGNIFICANTLY more often when playing on other NFL teams than when playing for the Patriots"
    and

1. "Learning ball possession skills in New England did NOT transfer to other NFL teams after players left"

Here is the article:

http://www.sharpfootballanalysis.com/blog/

Why do you think they fumbled more with other teams than when they played for the Pats?

ZINISTER
    ZINISTER's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4786

Annoying people want to be annoying every minute of their life. If they know they are annoying you they will continue to annoy you more. Smarter people understand this and cease to engage with the annoying ones. So please for CHRIST's sakes quit fueling these stupid annoying phucks. I posted a bunch of dumb ars threads the other day about this subject in hopes we could get over this. The guys on here that constantly are arguing are the same phucks in grade school that stuck their tongues out and said NAY NAY NA NAY NAY !!! Let the children argue about air in balls and the men talk about a game we are trying to handicap. This forum has hit an all time low!! Peace

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13110

The average drop according to that video is 1.8 lbs...so I will ask again WHY WEREN'T THE COLTS BALLS FOUND UNDER THE MINIMUM (all 24 footballs were tested at half)?

Insult away Rocky...i can't wait to hear it.
    Because the Colt's have " NO BALLS". Hence the final score. Hell man, even they admit it.

officepoolguy

According to the article...the author said that the "stars aligned in 2007" when Brady pushed to change the rule so that the home team provided their own footballs for offense...since 2007 the Patriots have fumble significantly less often than any other team.

Not sure if that helps answer anything but the stats show that they don't fumble as much at home as they do on the road and their players fumble less with the team then when they are on other teams.

jtoler

How coincidental he lobbied for such, stats took off after that.

Twiz
    Twiz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1018

No one here (presumably) is capable of running the necessary "science experiments," so let's stop that nonsense. I've seen 100 "physics professors" from universities in new england provide "scientific" evidence that proves the pats innocence, and I've seen 100 from west coast universities that do the exact opposite. Easy to fit evidence to a theory...much harder to find a theory given the evidence.

Fact is they cheated. Do other teams do it? Probably. That's irrelevant...pats got caught. Could the weather have played a factor? Possibly...balls were still under inflated, so they still broke the rules. Did it affect the game? Easy to say no looking at a 45-7 finish. Harder to say no when you realize Brady was still in the game and going for it on 4th down when up 35-7 in the final minutes of the game. Even harder when you watch every colts 3rd down in the second half and watch their receivers get harassed.

I'll premise the following with the fact that EVERYONE knows pats were the better team. But imagine if the game hadn't ended 45-7...even a 2 TD game...the pats get crucified for deflating...the NFL gets left option-less and has to punish the pats...then they get crucified for allowing a team whom they've acknowledged cheated, into the superbowl. Who wins there? (no one)

So it leaves me with a sour taste. All sides have acknowledged that changes were made at halftime, proving without a doubt that belichick and brady knew what was looming AT HALFTIME. Their only option was a blowout from that point forward. Meanwhile, the NFL's best interest was to make the deflation irrelevant, meaning they needed a colts win or a pats blowout. Now which one would be easier for refs to "cater to"...

gimme those tldr's I could care less. But when I watched the game I was STUNNED to see Brady still in the game so late. Couldn't figure out any plausible reason for it ("belichick is ruthless and loves blowouts!!!!!!!"...he loves SBs more and there is 0% chance he gets one without tom here...). And then he and brady come out and lie to the media "we had no idea until after the game!"...its corny, its see through, and its a terrible look for the league. Those are facts. Make your own inferences about what they indicate...
    Points Awarded:

officepoolguy gave Twiz 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

First 12