Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24927

Stupid Rules Are Killing the Game... Dez Bryant Caught the Damn Football!

Demonstrated clear control/possession, took a couple steps, then lunged towards the end zone and the ball only moved once he hit the ground... Ground CANNOT cause a fumble. Should have been first and goal.

GoBlue77
    GoBlue77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19052

hate the call. but it was the correct call bro. ask calvin johnson about the rule..

Amadeo-Picks
    Amadeo-Picks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3492

It was a 50/50 call on review. But EVERYONE knows for a fact that the gift they got last week impacted the decision on this play

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

Eddy it's such a bonehead rule and was a catch all fukking day! Just bumped Moneyshots thread where I brought it up awhile back and Briguy acted like I had no clue what I was talking about lol.

4TH AND STUPID
    best NFL capper at SBR
    4TH AND STUPID's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1990

that was a catch. anyone who thinks otherwise is a penetrating idiot. penetrate green bay that was bullshit

Eddy Munny

He made a "football" move after the catch, thereby demonstrating control. At what point does what happens with the ball, once hitting the ground, become irrelevant to the catch itself?

Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9438

Bryant shouldn't have reached for the goal line when falling down, that's what caused the ball to hit the ground.

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

Just another stupid rule and reason the book is 10x bigger than it should be. Catch all day and night long as it never hits ground it shouldn't matter if he bobbled it toward end. It's just football don't over think so much nonsense with bonehead rules!

meader99
    meader99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5231

"Process of the catch." You must control the ball throughout the process. You can hate the rule, but they got it right. Calvin's years ago was far worse than this.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Milanboy

alamo
    Why R.E.M. and not The Go-Betweens
    alamo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10890

Selfish play by Bryant. All he had to do was hold onto ball. Instead like so many he wanted the Glory by reaching out for the goal line. He will have to live with this for rest of his life

new era
    new era's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1931

If you didn't know this rule existed (see Calvin Johnson), you're a moron and should stop betting on sports you don't know.

Jakenv21
    Update your status
    Jakenv21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6714

Its a problem that that was not a catch. Calvins catch should have counted too. Fix this.

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

Meader I'm fully aware they got it right by letter of the law. Just saying it's a stupid rule that needs to follow the "tuck" and see it's way out the door! If it had to Fukk somebody on this stage though glad it was Dallas but we see this dumb call in most games every wk.

Jakenv21
    Update your status
    Jakenv21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6714

Quote Originally Posted by new era View Post
    If you didn't know this rule existed (see Calvin Johnson), you're a moron and should stop betting on sports you don't know.
    Spread was 5.5 so that didn't effect anyones bet. Stop calling people morons, moron.

Eddy Munny

Tuck rule 2.0

Why should there be rules in place that contradict common sense? If everyone knows it's a catch, then there shouldn't be any arbitrary rule in place that overturns what everybody knows to be true.... that Dez caught the football.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: R.P. McMurphy

GIVEMETHEMONEY
    GIVEMETHEMONEY's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4903

Dez Bryant caught the ball.

The refs were wearing fudge packers jerseys all damn day long.

Garrett screwed up with the time out call in the first half.

sjm5122
    sjm5122's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11879

Does it even matter anymore? Nfl is such a garbage product. Without betting and fantasy foots id watch maybe 5 games a year. Slow games with a million commercials and 50% of the time the refs decide the winner. Detroit got screwed last week and this week dallas.

Mike Huntertz
    Mike Huntertz's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22592

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Munny View Post
    Demonstrated clear control/possession, took a couple steps, then lunged towards the end zone and the ball only moved once he hit the ground... Ground CANNOT cause a fumble. Should have been first and goal.
    Ground CANNOT cause a fumble, but it CAN cause an incompletion. It's a rule, and that's what they called.

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

what gets me is he had the ball clearly and even rolled over with the ball, it
    wasn't until after he rolled over that the ball dangled in his fingers.
    Thus, he was clearly DOWN WITH THE BALL. catch. once he was DOWN
    and rolled over = that's IT.
    Play is dead if no fumble. catch.
    Last night the refs almost blew the game for New England. Last week
    they messed up with the Lions. Now this.
    Not even football is safe from the interventionist "we control you" bullshit
    so prevalent in our society. If you go back in NFL history I bet a lot of
    games would have had different outcomes if the rules of now were
    employed, who the hell knows anymore. As a gambler I want the
    influence of the THIRD TEAM (officiating) as little as possible and
    therefore NFL is turning into a lesser sport for me. Tennis and Volleyball.
    Perhaps Golf .. anything without interventionist pricks ruining it.
    Last edited by Snowball; 01-11-15 at 03:42 PM.

GIVEMETHEMONEY

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    what gets me is he had the ball clearly and even rolled over with the ball, it
    wasn't until after he rolled over that the ball dangled in his fingers.
    Thus, he was clearly DOWN WITH THE BALL. catch.
    Exactly the refs fukked this game.

I will be betting for Seattle

No way Green Bay gets a win there with the crowd noise.

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

Yep Eddy tuck rule 2.0 no doubt! Sucks for fans/players when ignorant rules cost you a gm or in this case "potentially" cost you. But unless you are flat out retarded or bias to the point of ignorance everyone knows Raiders won that gm and had it sealed after Woodsons strip. Too bad it just won't ever count as a W in books

meader99

Quote Originally Posted by R.P. McMurphy View Post
    Meader I'm fully aware they got it right by letter of the law. Just saying it's a stupid rule that needs to follow the "tuck" and see it's way out the door! If it had to Fukk somebody on this stage though glad it was Dallas but we see this dumb call in most games every wk.
    I'm fine with changing the rule... Another rule I would like to see done away with is the ball touching the ground. Make it simple, if the ball hits the ground, it's incomplete, period.

meader99

Yep Eddy tuck rule 2.0 no doubt! Sucks for fans/players when ignorant rules cost you a gm or in this case "potentially" cost you. But unless you are flat out retarded or bias to the point of ignorance everyone knows Raiders won that gm and had it sealed after Woodsons strip. Too bad it just won't ever count as a W in books
    Glad you put that. Ton of time left and they way Green Bay moved the ball in the 4th, I don't doubt the Packers still win.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

Yeah Meader even a Girls td there would not have necessarily ended it and GB would only need a fg for potential tie or win. See this dumb rule every wk though it's nothing new. When "tuck".happened I think 95% of fans and even players didn't know what was happening or had ever seen or heard of it. Crazy how zebras pulled that outta their ass on the fly from page 100263.article 2b of the rule book lol.

Eddy Munny

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Huntertz View Post
    Ground CANNOT cause a fumble, but it CAN cause an incompletion. It's a rule, and that's what they called.
    I get this. But my point is, at what point do we determine whether the ground is causing a FUMBLE or an INCOMPLETION. He caught it cleanly, no bobbling whatsoever. He then turned his body towards the endzone, and managed to get three feet and a knee down before the ball ever pops loose.

meader99

Yeah Meader even a Girls td there would not have necessarily ended it and GB would only need a fg for potential tie or win. See this dumb rule every wk though it's nothing new. When "tuck".happened I think 95% of fans and even players didn't know what was happening or had ever seen or heard of it. Crazy how zebras pulled that outta their ass on the fly from page 100263.article 2b of the rule book lol.
    There are plenty of rules that people don't know and/or have no place in the game. I remember on a kickoff return one time, the ball rolled and stopped right next to the sidelines. Randall Cobb stepped out of bounds and picked up the ball. That is ruled a kickoff out of bounds and the ball is spotted at the 40 yard line. How does that work?

GIVEMETHEMONEY

Part of the problem also is that Dez Bryant was trying to be the hero and get the touchdown. If he had concentrated on catching the ball instead of reaching out, Dallas would have had a new set of downs to get the touchdown.

Billy don't be a hero... (old 70s song

new era
    new era's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1931

Quote Originally Posted by Jakenv21 View Post
    Spread was 5.5 so that didn't effect anyones bet. Stop calling people morons, moron.
    Thats irrelevant. We are talking about winning or losing for the Cowboys. Moron.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

First of all, for all of you complete and total moron's who think they know the rule and do not, here is the rule:

"If a player goes to the ground in the act of catching a pass (with or without contact by an opponent), he must maintain control of the ball after he touches the ground, whether in the field of play or the end zone. If he loses control of the ball, and the ball touches the ground before he regains control, the pass is incomplete. If he regains control prior to the ball touching the ground, the pass is complete."

That is exactly what happens, you idiots. If you think not, you have no business being in here. As usual, you guys who ALWAYS lose your arse try to blame it on anyone but yourselves. The real b lame goes to the Dallas Cowgirls who could not defeat a crippled QB who could not move. If you are going to put the blame on something, blame Dallas. Also blame yourselves for being so stupid that you took Dallas and the ML. You guys are the biggest bunch of pu**ies I have seen. My grandson could kick all of your worthless arses. Now go back and hide behind your comuter and mommy's apron, you wusses.

16kredit
    16kredit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4644

well no matter what happened, you see how greenbay rolled down the field afterwards. so boys ML wouldnt hit imo.

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

Big daddy you are one of the biggest fukkin idiots on this forum so Stfu! Just like thread last week with controversial call in Cowboy gm half the retards in their missed the whole point! Don't see anyone crying in here about losing a bet it's the fact the league has too many overthought rules. Now eat your dinner , get cleaned up and ready for bed the short bus is arriving early in morning for you son. B#tch ass motherfukker I never really talk that kinda shit here but you are an exception and true bona fide p.o.s.!

blackHIPPY
    THESE NIGGAS PLANKTON
    blackHIPPY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1610

Quote Originally Posted by alamo View Post
    Selfish play by Bryant. All he had to do was hold onto ball. Instead like so many he wanted the Glory by reaching out for the goal line. He will have to live with this for rest of his life
    Terrible post, even for this forum

Eddy Munny

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    "If a player goes to the ground in the act of catching a pass (with or without contact by an opponent), he must maintain control of the ball after he touches the ground, whether in the field of play or the end zone. If he loses control of the ball, and the ball touches the ground before he regains control, the pass is incomplete. If he regains control prior to the ball touching the ground, the pass is complete."
    He turned his body, took three steps and lunged, demonstrating possession and making a "football" move before going to the ground. This is a part of the rule that is supposed to be considered, even Jason Garrett alluded to it after the game.

And the part of the rule I highlighted in red doesn't apply because Dez never lost control of the ball before the ball touched the ground.

Mike Huntertz
    Mike Huntertz's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22592

Touche!

12 Last