slick15
    slick15's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 513

This TEASER is a LOCK....No way it loses.

Impossible to lose...

6 point teaser...$500/$454.54
    Ravens +13
    Seahawks -5.5

ClimbSomeRocks
    ClimbSomeRocks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 259

damn you... I have a similar teaser. Why must you use the L word?

4seasons
    4seasons's Avatar Become A Pro!

Pats win by 20, and Hawks win by 3 or less. Teasers are one of the biggest sucker bets you can play. With your play, you're risking 500 to win 455, and I'll presume you don't like Ravens +7 or Hawks -12, which is why you did what you did. Why it makes no sense, is that for you to win the 455, you now have to win both games. Instead, just put the 500 on 1 point spread on 1 game, so you only have to win 1 game instead of 2. By teasing, you now have to win 2 games instead of 1, to win the same exact $. The illusion is by getting a few extra points, you think it's easier, but it isn't. Never easier to win 2 games verse just winning 1, thus concentrate on 1 side if that will win you the same $ as winning 2 teased. Where you say no way it can lose (no way?), there are countless ways you will lose. Hawks lose, or win by 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5 guess what ... you lose. Pats win by 14+, guess what ... you lose easy as that.

donkbetter
    donkbetter's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1746

Quote Originally Posted by 4seasons View Post
    Pats win by 20, and Hawks win by 3 or less. Teasers are one of the biggest sucker bets you can play. With your play, you're risking 500 to win 455, and I'll presume you don't like Ravens +7 or Hawks -12, which is why you did what you did. Why it makes no sense, is that for you to win the 455, you now have to win both games. Instead, just put the 500 on 1 point spread on 1 game, so you only have to win 1 game instead of 2. By teasing, you now have to win 2 games instead of 1, to win the same exact $. The illusion is by getting a few extra points, you think it's easier, but it isn't. Never easier to win 2 games verse just winning 1, thus concentrate on 1 side if that will win you the same $ as winning 2 teased. Where you say no way it can lose (no way?), there are countless ways you will lose. Hawks lose, or win by 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5 guess what ... you lose. Pats win by 14+, guess what ... you lose easy as that.
    Russel Wilson injured on first possesion - manning hurt etc the only quarterback situation fairly safe is matt flynn as a back up otherwise all these teams could surely lose without #1 in there

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Looks pretty solid. GL!

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

Pretty sure he's done the 1st grade math and realized they can lose. Point of a tease is getting #'s you feel more comfortable with backing a team you already like and he's very confident in what he got. You can also risk a nickel on solo bet lose first , chase with 2nd and be down a G! If I were to tease I would have gone same direction I imagine definetely with Balty side anyhow. Bol!

swag1982
    swag1982's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2378

I got bal.+ 14 and over 40.5
    bol

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

One nice thing about teasers, getting off those "square" numbers. Peace of mind regarding a "fix". FWIW...

4seasons

Even swag's tease, though won, was also a parlay winner if you didn't tease, and rather than the 11-10 odds, which is what you typically get picking ONE (1) side, the 2.5:1 is where you can do 2 parlays for the same money and if you win 1 out 2 you're still up the juice. Whereas when you win 1 out 2 @ 11:10, you are DOWN the juice. When it comes to sports, in my humble opinion, If you get 2 options that pay exactly the same, and so you have a choice of having to pick between TWO (2) sides but you get some points on each, OR you just have to pick ONE (1), just give me 1.

A successful sports bettor I once new did use the tease when he also parlayed, to hedge against the moose covering against you. I am always ok with hedging. On my posted NFL play, a parlay play, I am a New England fan but didn't want to give the 7 so took 'em SU (luckily), and not liking to give any points on any of these games.
    Last edited by 4seasons; 01-10-15 at 07:32 PM.

swag1982

Even swag's tease, though won, was also a parlay winner if you didn't tease, and rather than the 11-10 odds, which is what you typically get picking ONE (1) side, the 2.5:1 is where you can do 2 parlays for the same money and if you win 1 out 2 you're still up the juice. Whereas when you win 1 out 2 @ 11:10, you are DOWN the juice. When it comes to sports, in my humble opinion, If you get 2 options that pay exactly the same, and so you have a choice of having to pick between TWO (2) sides but you get some points on each, OR you just have to pick ONE (1), just give me 1.
    that always happens when I tease if I would a just parlayed I rarely ever tease though maybe 5 times all season

FlyinAir
    SDQL
    FlyinAir's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 221

I hope you get the -5.5 covered while I still cash CAR +13.5

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

Hindsight always 20/20 there 4 seasons. For every example you can give of a tease that would have covered parlayed I'm sure the opposite would happen just as much. How many guys kick themselves getting greedy I'm sure and parring getting burned by a few pts that would have covered bumped with extra cushion!

4seasons

Quote Originally Posted by swag1982 View Post
    that always happens when I tease if I would a just parlayed I rarely ever tease though maybe 5 times all season
    Sure took me at least 100 if not 1000 times myself back in my younger days, when since I have learned when it comes to teasing you have now taken all your focus from one (1) play, and now you're trying to figure out 2, to make the SAME $ as just 1 pick, which if not used as a hedge is a sucker play. And that's not to mention, on the times you do win, that would've won if parlayed instead. If you're going to pick 2 sides, the money / odds for you is in the parlays and not this teaser nonsense. After you go from just looking at one (1) side, to ANYTHING else, you're odds of winning $ goes DOWN!

swag1982

Sure took me at least 100 if not 1000 times myself back in my younger days, when since I have learned when it comes to teasing you have now taken all your focus from one (1) play, and now you're trying to figure out 2, to make the SAME $ as just 1 pick, which if not used as a hedge is a sucker play. And that's not to mention, on the times you do win, that would've won if parlayed instead. If you're going to pick 2 sides, the money / odds for you is in the parlays and not this teaser nonsense. After you go from just looking at one (1) side, to ANYTHING else, you're odds of winning $ goes DOWN!
    yeah your right the one time that I can remember it saving me was once on a pick 4 or 5

4seasons

Quote Originally Posted by R.P. McMurphy View Post
    Hindsight always 20/20 there 4 seasons. For every example you can give of a tease that would have covered parlayed I'm sure the opposite would happen just as much. How many guys kick themselves getting greedy I'm sure and parring getting burned by a few pts that would have covered bumped with extra cushion!
    Nothing to do with hindsight Murph. All about simple math. If you're picking 2 sides, and can choose from the parlay or the tease, if you choose the tease you get 11:10 so if you go 1 out of 2 you're DOWN the juice. Where if you par and go 1 out 2, you're UP the juice with the 2.5:1. My thought was not to not just tease this particular game, but NEVER tease (unless it's a hedge) EVER! The ODDS are NOT in your favor, as you've made it so much more difficult (like it's twice as hard now) for you to win the SAME EXACT $ as ONE (1) pick.
    Last edited by 4seasons; 01-10-15 at 07:54 PM.

slick15
    slick15's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 513

So so easy...$454.54 in the bank

garygroundwork
    garygroundwork's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12445

nice work slick

IamAmonkey
    IamAmonkey's Avatar Become A Pro!

nice one. had the same. shoulda parlayed it. would of been juicy

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1920

I never saw this thread and I was also on the Ravens Seahawks two team teaser.
    Never make "lock" threads, it usually back fires on the gambler.

4seasons

As documented, the teaser is a sucker bet. Other than using the teaser as a hedge, the only other time the teaser is a worthy play is if you're going to get better odds than on the return if you're parlaying the money lines. Right now, if you parlay 'Hawks @ -335 and Pats @ -275, it's like -130. Sometimes you can use the tease to get better odds than parlaying 2 money line faves, or get like the same odds but pick up some half points. Since Sea is like -8 now, if you did the 8 point tease to keep the just having to win SU in place, it won't work as that'll cost -150. However, if you're OK with getting the Pats SU, and Sea winning by at least 3 on a 6 point tease, then -105 is better than -130. Just wanted to mention that this is almost a scenario where the tease is in your favor to use, verse parlaying the 2 ML faves. I have seen where the teasing is in fact better odds than parlaying 2 ML faves, just not exactly in this case here. Just be aware, though the teaser is primarily a sucker bet, that if it does give you better odds than parlaying the 2 ML faves, then of course am totally ok with teasing.

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1920

As documented, the teaser is a sucker bet. Other than using the teaser as a hedge, the only other time the teaser is a worthy play is if you're going to get better odds than on the return if you're parlaying the money lines. Right now, if you parlay 'Hawks @ -335 and Pats @ -275, it's like -130. Sometimes you can use the tease to get better odds than parlaying 2 money line faves, or get like the same odds but pick up some half points. Since Sea is like -8 now, if you did the 8 point tease to keep the just having to win SU in place, it won't work as that'll cost -150. However, if you're OK with getting the Pats SU, and Sea winning by at least 3 on a 6 point tease, then -105 is better than -130. Just wanted to mention that this is almost a scenario where the tease is in your favor to use, verse parlaying the 2 ML faves. I have seen where the teasing is in fact better odds than parlaying 2 ML faves, just not exactly in this case here. Just be aware, though the teaser is primarily a sucker bet, that if it does give you better odds than parlaying the 2 ML faves, then of course am totally ok with teasing.
    Yea, that's how I cap too.
    Before betting on a two team teaser, see if the two team ML parlay has more value or not.

Zorak
    Zorak's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 348