AchillesTG
    AchillesTG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6000

Reported: Aaron Rodgers has torn calf muscle but will play

Austin sports radio reported this about an hour ago.
    He has a tear in his calf muscle, but will play. Could he come up gimpy again?

Two weeks of rust, cold weather, and a little gimpy, makes me want to play the Boys +6.

Bcatswin
    Bcats Winning Everywhere
    Bcatswin's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5350

Aaron Rodgers Tear in calf muscle

Says he will still play, hope he is good to go.
    http://www.si.com/nfl/2015/01/08/gre...f-tear-playing
    Last edited by Bcatswin; 01-08-15 at 01:58 PM.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2368

he'll be a gamer

Bcatswin
    Bcats Winning Everywhere

Yes will be hard to get him off the field.

TankHankerous
    Frrrrrrunkis!
    TankHankerous's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 576

If he's hobbling around on the field like a wounded sheep, keep in mind that he's exaggerating the limp to make him seem like a hero for playing through the pain. If he wins this game with "torn calf muscles" yea right, the media will hot suck him all the way to Canton.

Aaron Rodgers, we get it you have a little sore leg boo-hoo. Millions of Americans live and work through the pain every day and don't make it an excuse. Do me a favor Rodgers you prick act like a man and don't fake injury.

temple2010
    temple2010's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4189

Gotta love guys like this! Will always play and play hard if at all possible.

ACoochy
    Am i serious? Are you serious?
    ACoochy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5324

Would be silly to think this wont effect his passing game.

Anyone know what AR is paying to throw a INT?

Bcatswin
    Bcats Winning Everywhere

Somewhere opie is in a corner right now giggling touching himself.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Dollars2Donuts

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

Quote Originally Posted by Bcatswin View Post
    Somewhere opie is in a corner right now giggling touching himself.
    I am
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Bcatswin

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

recon1
    Yep
    recon1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5637

I've had similar injury. Depends on how severe or as docs say percentage of muscle is torn. Even a small tear is painful, but what you have to take into account is the tear is present and will be much easier to tear completely now. If you are investing in GB, i'd monitor this best you can.

Maybe wait and go live-in-play.

ACoochy

Anyone have a history of how the guy plays whilst carrying relatively new injuries

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

so Cowboys win?

Seaweed
    Update your status
    Seaweed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6952

Pound pound pound Boys first quarter and first half on spread

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I am on Dallas now

BCATS good info

Footballtime
    Footballtime's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

Just an excuse in case the Boys beat GB.......... I mean how can this be news today, Im sure he knew or should of known if he had a tear last week right? Cowboys wont win the game with their pass rush, Gonna have to pound the ball and convert 3rd downs and keep the entire GB offense off the field. Cowboys control the clock and get 7's instead of 3's then they will have the opportunity to win the game. Town calf or not, wont matter if you are watching the dallas offense eat the clock and convert 3rd down and firled goals into TD';s......Also cant Rodgers gay lover rub his calf muscle? OLOLOLOL

trobin31
    trobin31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10351

I just strained my calf, not even a partial tear and any sudden movement requiring the calf muscle would put me down. I don't think he is gonna finish this game. Dallas with points is looking more appealing by the minute

ACoochy

Quote Originally Posted by recon1 View Post
    I've had similar injury. Depends on how severe or as docs say percentage of muscle is torn. Even a small tear is painful, but what you have to take into account is the tear is present and will be much easier to tear completely now. If you are investing in GB, i'd monitor this best you can.

Maybe wait and go live-in-play.
    You'd think this would effect his step-up/step-off game anytime he'd throw the ball with velocity

byronbb
    byronbb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2284

He could easily come out of the game. GB going to run run run?

thezzzone
    thezzzone's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 241

Even a one-legged Rodgers lights up the boys

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7683

last year he was hurt and they barely lost to a better niners team in frigid conditions. they are also better than they were last year. this is all bullshit in case they lose and to get people to take dallas

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

strange time to release this news indeed

frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

The Packers will not cover against Dallas, and more likely will lose. Either way, I'm taking the Cowboys even with a healthy Rodgers.

TankHankerous
    Frrrrrrunkis!
    TankHankerous's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 576

That's just it, he has 2 legs to stand on. Plus with all the advancements in sports medicine, if he feels anything more than a cramp in his leg the trainers are doing a piss poor job.

Watch out for the exaggerated hobble this weekend, it's gross and I feel embarrassed for him.

trobin31
    trobin31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10351

Thing is you can't give steroid/lidocaine injections for a torn muscle or else it worsens the tear. Likely going to need a tape job that won't allow him to fully plantar flex the foot.

meader99
    meader99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5231

Quote Originally Posted by TankHankerous View Post
    That's just it, he has 2 legs to stand on. Plus with all the advancements in sports medicine, if he feels anything more than a cramp in his leg the trainers are doing a piss poor job.

Watch out for the exaggerated hobble this weekend, it's gross and I feel embarrassed for him.
    Good for you.

Pill Gates
    Pill Gates's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10831

Packers already making excuses for the ass whippin theyre gonna receive smh

Name:  bacc.jpg
Views: 513
Size:  17.7 KB
    Last edited by Pill Gates; 01-08-15 at 06:12 PM.

psufan
    psufan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4599

It's Aaron Rodger's wits and accuracy which makes him lethal. Even if he isn't mobile, it's not gonna come down to Rodgers on whether or not GB covers. It'll be turnovers. And with Rodgers "not 100%," this 100% lock is now like a 85% lock haha.

AchillesTG

Romo's back and Rodger's calf, could be a push. I have 2 concerns:

1. Eddie Lacy could run a hole thru the Boys with all the Linebacker injuries
    2. If the Boys get no pressure, Rodgers can stand in the pocket and carve them up

I saw Rodgers during that Detroit game and did not look good coming out of the pocket. Romo seemed to be bothered by the rush and his back, but still had a 114 QBR.

This should really be a good game. The Boys normally play very close games. I am still staying with the +6.

psufan

Idk man, I understand the whole hype and momentum of the cowboys winning a post season game. But coming into it, I watched a lot of detroit games this year, and also everyone and their momma was talking about how the cowboys were gonna shred the lions. Which they could have, but didn't. Lions weren't that impressive this year in my honest opinion. Having said that, watching Green Bay at home was another thing. Aaron Rodgers is just on another level at home. How could anyone not take GB -5.5?

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by thezzzone View Post
    Even a one-legged Rodgers lights up the boys
    He certainly might.

i am always weary about these injury reports. They almost always seem to be overblown.

it seems like anytime the media makes a big deal about a player having the flu or upset stomach or some sort of injury that player not only plays.... but plays extremely well.

ESPN ofcourse was saying shit like well you know Bill Bellichek has made a living out of falsifying injury reports and NFL teams hate discussing injuries in the media so the fact that they are releasing this information probably means that it is "more serious than they are indicating"

i dont know what to believe....

is Dallas secondary really good enough to guard the Packers WR's?

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by psufan View Post
    It's Aaron Rodger's wits and accuracy which makes him lethal. Even if he isn't mobile, it's not gonna come down to Rodgers on whether or not GB covers. It'll be turnovers. And with Rodgers "not 100%," this 100% lock is now like a 85% lock haha.

Yes but will he be able to step into those throws if he has time?

stepping into throws and throwing from a balanced position is essential to having accuracy.

psufan

I wonder which calf is hurting.. Not gonna lie, but i already was set with my pick esp with them having home field at lambeau. W the spread already down to -5 at some books.. Its impossible for me not to take GB. It may be that I'm a little bitter bc the last leg of my parlay I picked cowboys last week, and with the no score turnover red zone possession at the beginning of the second half I lost respect for the cowboys against the squid lions, lol

psufan

I also was pissed bc i picked cowboys with the premonition that Suh was out, lol. He had a pretty good game

AchillesTG

Quote Originally Posted by psufan View Post
    Idk man, I understand the whole hype and momentum of the cowboys winning a post season game. But coming into it, I watched a lot of detroit games this year, and also everyone and their momma was talking about how the cowboys were gonna shred the lions. Which they could have, but didn't. Lions weren't that impressive this year in my honest opinion. Having said that, watching Green Bay at home was another thing. Aaron Rodgers is just on another level at home. How could anyone not take GB -5.5?
    Being a Cowboy Homer, I knew the Detroit D would pretty much shut down the run game. Romo was really off his game with the pressure and trying to duck the big hit on his back, but he did come thru in the 4th QTR.

recon1
    Yep
    recon1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5637

Quote Originally Posted by ACoochy View Post
    You'd think this would effect his step-up/step-off game anytime he'd throw the ball with velocity
    I'm sure team docs will have that area saturated with a good local Anastasia.

What happens in the mind of the athelete is you can not feel the pain, but when you feel strange sensations in that area you start thinking I'm doing more damage and you hold back. Or, since you're feeling is numbed you over-step or under compensate, kinda like standing on a leg that went to sleep.

12 Last