frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

You guys act like the Lions would of scored a TD and put the game away if they got the 1st down, considering that that offense didn't do anything the entire 2nd half. And even them getting 3 points would be a stretch since Matt Prater has been nothing but inconsistent. You guys need to stop acting like that call cost them the game, that defense should of stopped Romo, end of discussion.

thezzzone
    thezzzone's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 241

Quote Originally Posted by shaunovery View Post
    In the 2h Detroit didn't blitz as much and tried to play coverage
    This AND passing 3rd and 1.
    2 running plays up the gut, keep the momentum and the clock running, you dont make a yard on the road, you deserve to lose. Dallas had all the momentum by scoring to get it to 20-17. The lions were reeling on defense. Just because your name is Lions doesn't mean you're obligated to go down like pussies.

(I had ZERO money on this game but theres no disputing the PI call.. Well you could dispute that it might have been holding i suppose- first a hold of the jersey, that should have been -holding, then the bump on the receiver-pass interference, then Dizzy Dez making what should have been the ultimate bone-head playoff game losing move ever-getting in the refs face sans helmet on the field after the penalty call- unsportsman like conduct-another 15 yards. Technically, that should have been added on AFTER the holding /interference was enforced. Should have been detroit ball somewhere between the 15-20 yrd line-first down. Anyone who disputes that is a total fckin fool and not worth arguing with-let it go)

Luckycharms2012
    Luckycharms2012's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5412

The only thing i can point to with Caldwell was not going for it after they picked up the flag. Maybe he should have gone for it, but that's easy for me to say in hindsight. With that being said how TF could he have known his punter would only kick a 10 yard fukkin punt.

Hard to blame Caldwell. Garrett is overrated and the Cowboys only won because of the refs, lets be real. There's NO WAY Dallas wins in Green Bay. Forget the game itself, the league will not allow Dallas to win just on the fact that the whole world practically thinks the league cheated the Lions to make sure Dallas/Green Bay ice bowl happened.

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24890

No, it's actually pretty easy to blame Caldwell. Every game situation is different, but given that down and distance, and the fact that the Cowboys were beginning to seize momentum, the only good call is to keep your foot on the gas, keep the pressure on Dallas's defense, and go for a 4th and one. I repeat, fourth and ONE.... just one fvcking yard to possibly save your season. Detroit had the ball in Dallas territory already, even a failed conversion wouldn't have been disastrous... Cowboys would still have had to drive 50+ yards for the go ahead touchdown.

The odds of picking up a yard were decidedly in the favor of the Lions, and yet, the coach basically copped out and punted the ball away, only further fueling the momentum swing. The fact that the punt only traveled 10 yards serves Caldwell right... bad things happen when you play/coach scared.

Luckycharms2012

It's always easy to blame the black coach on SBR......

When the game was going live i didn't see anyone on here saying to go for it and that goes for the announcers too. Now after his punter kicks it 10 yards and the game is lost, people point to not going for it instead of the blatant fixing of the game. I'm so happy i stayed away from this shit fest. I don't believe it was a given they'd get that 1 yard, and if they didn't the momentum would have swung just the same as it did after the 10 yard punt, maybe even more. And if you feel the momentum is swinging the other way, going for it on 4th down with Dallas D super hyped and your offense kind of struggling, kicking it is probably the better choice.

If that was a normal punt, the Cowboys would have had to drive pretty much the whole field to get points, Caldwell had confidence in his D to stop them, but when the punt went only 10 yards and prior to that they got screwed by the refs, the team was deflated. All things considered if it was a normal punt and Dallas got the ball at their 20, it's a good coaching decision.

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24890

Bullshit... Caldwell tucked his tail, plain and simple.

Here's the deal... if you're going to punt on 4th and one, then don't call a fvcking pass play on 3rd and one. I don't mind a pass on 3rd and one, but if it doesn't connect, then you better be prepared to line up and run a play on fourth down to keep the drive alive.

This idea that the Lions defense was playing well is only partially true. The offense has to chip in at some point in the second half. You're not going to lock down Dallas's offense for an entire 60 minutes on their home turf. At some point, you have to figure they will find yards and points... that's just typical ebb and flow of a game, not rocket science.

So as the Lions coach, to quell some of the momentum that was beginning to favor the Cowboys, you go for it in that situation. Your offense can effectively act as defense by keeping Romo and company on the sideline. Yes, you line up and run a play on 4th down, in an effort to gain one measly yard, and live with the consequences.

It's not like Ndamukong Suh is manning the trenches for the Cowboys, so what's the problem? The Cowboys called a play on 4th and 6, from similar field position, and converted to sustain the drive that gave them the go ahead touchdown.

Plenty of coaches would have gone for it in that situation... you play the odds. You don't sit on 12 when the dealer is showing a jack.

Luckycharms2012

Again very easy to explain away after the game is over. You should be an NFL coach, you know all the angles.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Eddy right on here...says it better than I did but it's exactly how I feel

I never fault guys for being aggressive and going for the win, keeping the game in your destiny, the ball in your possession

EVEN IF the Lions do not convert, they still need to stop the Cowboys so it's really a no brainer

The potential positive of converting there severely out weighs the probable yardage gained in punting there

Also agree it makes zero sense to pass IF you are planning on punting the ball

Caldwell isn't the only one to punt in situation but it's a typical pussy move that has no place in football....The shank punt and Cowboys TD drive is justice

Petey Wheatstraw
    Petey Wheatstraw's Avatar Become A Pro!

This just in.........
    Cowboys 24 Lions 20

and that is the bottom line, talk about it all you want, ain't going to change chit.

If it is any comfort to all of you, THE BEST TEAM WON.

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

Quote Originally Posted by thezzzone View Post
    This AND passing 3rd and 1.
    2 running plays up the gut, keep the momentum and the clock running, you dont make a yard on the road, you deserve to lose.

NardVa
    NardVa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10509

If Lion fans want to be angry be angry at the punter who shanked the punt instead of pinning Dallas deep.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Today Garrett played not to lose..lol

First 12