lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7635

nfl spreads are a waste of time

I never thought I would say this but this league is just a total guess. Anyone who says otherwise is fooling only themselves
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: gauchojake

DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 32174

I didnt bet the spread. Took Philly ML today.

mclovin20
    mclovin20's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Another stuped comment from you fool, why you dont just stfu huh. You idiot you just loosen money thats why you write these stupid ass threads, bet you wouldnt write this if you were up today huh,

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

start betting ncaa sports

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7635

Quote Originally Posted by thetrinity View Post
    start betting ncaa sports
    Fukk that shit.
    Points Awarded:

SmittyZ28 gave lakerboy 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

THam12
    Money is the motivation!
    THam12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2280

Quote Originally Posted by mclovin20 View Post
    Another stuped comment from you fool, why you dont just stfu huh. You idiot you just loosen money thats why you write these stupid ass threads, bet you wouldnt write this if you were up today huh,

Calls OP an idiot.... can't spell or use grammar correctly.

Only at SBR.

mclovin20

Stfu tham12 i dont gota spell shit correctly if i dont want to, why u gta defend your lakergirl huh?

THam12
    Money is the motivation!

Stfu tham12 i dont gota spell shit correctly if i dont want to, why u gta defend your lakergirl huh?

Dont be mad cause you're "loosen" bro.

mclovin20

Losing, me? Yea right im up $2,437 just for today fool, thats 2 months of your paycheck there workin at Wal-Mart playboy. I dont get tired, you hear?

THam12
    Money is the motivation!

Losing, me? Yea right im up $2,437 just for today fool, thats 2 months of your paycheck there workin at Wal-Mart playboy. I dont get tired, you hear?

mclovin20

@ tham 12 ima your girl you jerk off

mclovin20

Call me billy walters jr

THam12
    Money is the motivation!

@ tham 12 ima your girl you jerk off

mclovin20

Take my pick lil man for tomorow. Got 2200 to win 2000 on atl hawks -1 vs weak ass overrated chicago bulls and you will be up big money if you risk more then your $10 min. Bet @ tham12

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

This is complete and utter bullshit.

I've been getting gang raped in the NFL this year after dominating for three straight seasons. It's not a "waste of time," though. It's because I haven't put the effort into researching games that I used to.

There are no free lunches. That's the lesson to be learned from gambling, just like everything else. You can't just "read a line" and call it a day -- unless you're going to stick to fading Brandon Lang and/or Brock Landers and play nothing else.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Da Manster!

THam12
    Money is the motivation!

Take my pick lil man for tomorow. Got 2200 to win 2000 on atl hawks -1 vs weak ass overrated chicago bulls and you will be up big money if you risk more then your $10 min. Bet @ tham12
    Overrated bulls

Dude has 11 posts

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I think in any sport your money line is probably your best bet

The rest of the world basically bets money lines

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1902

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Fukk that shit.
    Then you should of said "ncaaf spreads are a waste of time".

Da Manster!
    Da Manster!'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2726

I never thought I would say this but this league is just a total guess. Anyone who says otherwise is fooling only themselves
    this

Da Manster!
    Da Manster!'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2726

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post

I've been getting gang raped in the NFL this year after dominating for three straight seasons. It's not a "waste of time," though. It's because I haven't put the effort into researching games that I used to.

There are no free lunches. That's the lesson to be learned from gambling, just like everything else. You can't just "read a line" and call it a day -- unless you're going to stick to fading Brandon Lang and/or Brock Landers and play nothing else.

this...part deux

Ebumdude
    HTX
    Ebumdude's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1843

No way. You just have to do homework man. As stated above, you can't just read a line and stab at it. Betting blind nets a loss almost every time. Limit your action to only a handful of games per day. Research those teams. Spend an hour or so reading up and make your picks.

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Gambling is a waste of time.

So many other things to do in life but people spend hours a day reading lines, getting your heart broken by athletes with an IQ of 12 and chasing bets for a few bones.

A lot of times it just comes down to meaningless fouls at the end of games, boneheaded turnovers that turn into TDs at the end of games, or fluke plays. Flip a coin.

99 percent of this board are life time losers just digging deeper holes.

But yeah, I'll continue to do it. It's fun. I just expect the worse and sometimes I don't get f*cked over and win a play.
    Points Awarded:

lilbpack1 gave BigDofBA 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: emoney

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    I think in any sport your money line is probably your best bet

The rest of the world basically bets money lines
    I never cared for 3rd shift JJ, when does 1st shift sign on? Keep speaking foolishness enriching the books.

TDKJET1717
    TDKJET1717's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 255

Which nfl games?? Thought today was pretty

Cin - way too easy, rookie qb laying points?lol
    Pitt - added units once I got alert from nfl mobile (9:40) that Julio was out
    N.E - dolphins lucky before, Defensive injuries, brady

MNF....might as well throw dart

Luckycharms2012
    Luckycharms2012's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5412

It's not a total guess but there's no locks in pro sports. You can do homework, look at trends etc. I had Dallas ML tonight, only because Dallas is a good team to take as a dog, as well as the Dallas Mavericks... I can't explain it, but a lot of this gambling is about streaks, teams being due, home/away, short schedule or back to backs, personal stories, there's a lot of bullshit going on beyond weather and injuries, it's not a guess at all.

4TH AND STUPID
    best NFL capper at SBR
    4TH AND STUPID's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1990

lmfao lakerboy you're a sad, sad capper. flood the forum with shit picks, then at the end of the year claim capping is a guess....rofl

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

of course some years you win but add everything up you lose your shirt although that is all sports

People look at stats and thats why

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post

coiner gang raped?????

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    Gambling is a waste of time.

So many other things to do in life but people spend hours a day reading lines, getting your heart broken by athletes with an IQ of 12 and chasing bets for a few bones.

A lot of times it just comes down to meaningless fouls at the end of games, boneheaded turnovers that turn into TDs at the end of games, or fluke plays. Flip a coin.

99 percent of this board are life time losers just digging deeper holes.

But yeah, I'll continue to do it. It's fun. I just expect the worse and sometimes I don't get f*cked over and win a play.
    I can't really disagree with any of this, BigD.

A lot of it is about picking and choosing your spots. If we could just be selective with our wagers, most of us would be successful. I don't know about you, but I don't have the patience, discipline or even interest in betting only once or twice a week (at best). So I blow my money on cvnts like Phyllis Rivers instead.

Why? I don't know. I've made a good amount of $$$ betting small and risking virtually nothing the past few years, yet I don't wish for one second I was gambling with more of my money, because in the end, unless you're extremely selective, you really aren't maximizing your potential earnings and being a schmuck by pissing away your winnings on the few games you're actually "sure" about.

I do it because I get bored and it makes games I could otherwise care less about more interesting. Yet it digs into my profits in the long run by doing so. Go figure.

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

We are in the same boat Coin. There were three games I was absolutely sure of last week and they were all winners easy.

OSU +21 against my school, OU. OU was missing their starting QB and best player on the team at WR playing in a rivalry game that had no effect on the bowl they were going to. OSU was playing to be bowl eligible. OU quit caring a month ago. This line was ridiculous.

Dallas +3.5. Line said it all. Dallas undefeated on the road and Sanchez trying to beat the twice.

OKC -2.5 against Cleveland. KD and Westbrook back at home against an overrated Cavs team? Are you kidding here?

Had I just loaded up on those my account would have way more money. Instead, I make stupid bets like LA/Denver 1st half over. The teams miss 15 free throws and I lose by 2 points.

It shouldn't be surprising that I'm right more often than not about teams I follow daily but I can't resist the action.

Hell, I'm planning a Vegas trip for March Madness as we speak and this will be my 5th trip there in the past 2.5 years.

I'll probably blow my wad but at least it will fun.

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

you finally have learned that. bet solid organizations with a front office that has a clue, a coach that is competent, and quarterback that is not on twitter and doesn't like throwing the ball to the other team. it is not difficult.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    We are in the same boat Coin. There were three games I was absolutely sure of last week and they were all winners easy.

OSU +21 against my school, OU. OU was missing their starting QB and best player on the team at WR playing in a rivalry game that had no effect on the bowl they were going to. OSU was playing to be bowl eligible. OU quit caring a month ago. This line was ridiculous.

Dallas +3.5. Line said it all. Dallas undefeated on the road and Sanchez trying to beat the twice.

OKC -2.5 against Cleveland. KD and Westbrook back at home against an overrated Cavs team? Are you kidding here?

Had I just loaded up on those my account would have way more money. Instead, I make stupid bets like LA/Denver 1st half over. The teams miss 15 free throws and I lose by 2 points.

It shouldn't be surprising that I'm right more often than not about teams I follow daily but I can't resist the action.

Hell, I'm planning a Vegas trip for March Madness as we speak and this will be my 5th trip there in the past 2.5 years.

I'll probably blow my wad but at least it will fun.
    I'm not saying you'd hit every bet you were "sure" of, but you'd sure as hell win enough of them to make a lot of money doing this if you chose to just focus on that and wipe out the peripheral crap.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

When you are on the wrong side of the spread 90% of time like lakerboy you are going to blame the spreads instead of your handicapping deficiencies.

terrortwylight
    Get Action
    terrortwylight's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 756

Peaks and valleys. Sometimes it goes great. Effortless. I've had 3 of those Sundays in a row. On top of the F'n world.

But I don't forget about the 3 or 4 sundays this year where I ate total shit and just gave away substantial chunks of bankroll and wanted to hang myself. And then the random weeknights that I make 3 or 4 bets on some horseshit basketball games and lose them all. And then baseball season. Baseball will take you to the darkest place imaginable.

Usually I do good and usually I make money. But I always end up giving it back in big chunks on those bad days. And those are the days where you see this for what it is. The bad days are the most valuable thing you have if you're gonna mess with this shit.

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Lakerboy, just stick to your spot betting.

As many haters as you have, they can't take away the fact you are still playing with the book's money after your unprecedented $1 million Super Bowl wager.

12 Last