hunsi
    hunsi's Avatar Become A Pro!

falcons are a lock!!!

Julio out but the line is still this low? This is similar to the Jets game. Low spread and road team struggles.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Where do you see Julio out? All I see is that he's a game time decision.

Dwil125
    Cormier Itd
    Dwil125's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

Yeah where did you see that at? He has not practiced all week and they have a short week, but hes still going to play i bet.

Hot Jerry
    Hot Jerry's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4638

WNT [ watch no touch ] !!

tecmoslayer
    Update your status
    tecmoslayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1925

D. Orlando Ledbetter of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution expects Jones (hip) to be limited to a decoy role if he plays against Pittsburgh on Sunday. According to Ledbetter, Jones can "barely run."

That was written on Saturday

TDKJET1717
    TDKJET1717's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 255

Name:  falcons.png
Views: 528
Size:  9.1 KB

bucket2233
    bucket2233's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 705

Quote Originally Posted by hunsi View Post
    Julio out but the line is still this low? This is similar to the Jets game. Low spread and road team struggles.
    You think the line is low? Maybe I'm crazy, but I am trying to figure out how the Falcons are not favored in this game. IMHO, this game should be Falcons -3 with Julio, and Falcons -2 or -2.5 without him. They're essentially saying that the Steelers would be 9-10 point favorites at home, and that makes no sense to me. Remember that the line was Steelers -4 vs. Saints in Pittsburgh, so does anyone really think that New Orleans is 5-6 points better than Atlanta? I sure don't.

I don't understand how the Steelers can be laying ANY points here. There are only a handful of teams that the Steelers should be favored against on the road - Jax, TB, Tenn and then barely favored against Oak, NYJ, and Wash, IMO. The Falcons aren't good, but they certainly are not a bottom 5 team in this league, and arguably not even in the bottom 10 (I have them ranked 20th out of 30 teams). Also, this is the same Steelers team that got beat by Tampa, got blown out by New Orleans at home (game was much more lopsided than the score due to garbage time scores), got blown out by the NYJ on the road, and played the Jags to the last possession in Jacksonville. Only 3 of their wins are convincing. On the other hand, Atlanta should be 7-6 (loss due to a delay of game in London vs. Det, and loss due to poor clock management vs. Cle at home). Yes, they still count as losses, but I just think these teams are much closer than their records indicate.

Obviously anything can happen, but I just don't see how this line makes any sense. One more note: Matt Ryan has been great at home (39-13 SU, 29-20-3 ATS) in his career. I think Falcons are a great play here.
    Last edited by bucket2233; 12-14-14 at 01:59 AM.

jayson311
    jayson311's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 354

Quote Originally Posted by bucket2233 View Post
    You think the line is low? Maybe I'm crazy, but I am trying to figure out how the Falcons are not favored in this game. IMHO, this game should be Falcons -3 with Julio, and Falcons -2 or -2.5 without him. They're essentially saying that the Steelers would be 9-10 point favorites at home, and that makes no sense to me. Remember that the line was Steelers -4 vs. Saints in Pittsburgh, so does anyone really think that New Orleans is 5-6 points better than Atlanta? I sure don't.

I don't understand how the Steelers can be laying ANY points here. There are only a handful of teams that the Steelers should be favored against on the road - Jax, TB, Tenn and then barely favored against Oak, NYJ, and Wash, IMO. The Falcons aren't good, but they certainly are not a bottom 5 team in this league, and arguably not even in the bottom 10 (I have them ranked 20th out of 30 teams). Also, this is the same Steelers team that got beat by Tampa, got blown out by New Orleans at home (game was much more lopsided than the score due to garbage time scores), got blown out by the NYJ on the road, and played the Jags to the last possession in Jacksonville. Only 3 of their wins are convincing. On the other hand, Atlanta should be 7-6 (loss due to a delay of game in London vs. Det, and loss due to poor clock management vs. Cle at home). Yes, they still count as losses, but I just think these teams are much closer than their records indicate.

Obviously anything can happen, but I just don't see how this line makes any sense. One more note: Matt Ryan has been great at home (39-13 SU, 29-20-3 ATS) in his career. I think Falcons are a great play here.
    The line is what it is bc the public will be on one of the most popular teams in the country, o yeah and the steelers will win by 13

msj0001
    msj0001's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 445

Has anyone watched the Falcons D this year? Pretty, Pretty, Pretty bad.

PickoMoff
    No Risk No Reward!
    PickoMoff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 919

Jets defense > Falcons defense

Bbfromgpt
    Cappin
    Bbfromgpt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4429

Bahahaha the garbage Falcons won't win another game

irishstuey
    irishstuey's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1654

Get ready for a whole bunch of bell today. Pitt controls the clock and field position. Atlanta d gets wore down and they are terrible to start. How can you not lay 3 here.

53 defense
    53 defense's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4957

Big Ben throws for 350 and 4 td's..... Atlanta is one of the most gutless teams out there and their "D" is already on the beach in St. Maarten.....