daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

End the worst family in the world

http://deadspin.com/the-worst-nfl-fa...twitter&utm_me

Drew Magary's Thursday Afternoon NFL Dick Joke Jamboroo runs every Thursday during the NFL season. Email Drew here.

You’re gonna be watching a whole lotta football this coming weekend, and when you watch those games, you’re probably gonna see this shitty ad for the NFL Shop, which has been running ever since the season started:

I am a Vikings fan, but I think I can say objectively that this is the worst penetrating family in the universe, fictional or otherwise. Let’s go through the narration to get at the root of the suck …

"We started out as a Vikings family."

Yes, you did. And you should have STAYED that way. That is how being a fan penetrating works. You pick your team, and that is your team for life. If you were dumb enough to pick the Vikings, tough shit. You are saddled with Teddy Bridgewater overthrowing guys wearing his Hamburger Helper gloves whether you like it or not.

"Until my son Brendan met Sarah, from Philly …"

Look at Brendan. No way he gets Sarah. He’s a pasty schlub and she’s a smoking hot Unicorn Sports Gal Bartender. I can’t believe an ad LIED to me.

"… got married, moved to Cincy, and had Bengal babies."

What the penetrate? Why are they Bengal babies? Neither Brendan NOR Unicorn Sports Gal Bartender like the Bengals. Did they just move to Cincy and were like, "Well, we’re here. Guess these little fuckers have to like Andy Dalton now." Maybe Sarah’s parents are Bengals fans. Maybe they moved there for the free day care and her domineering father demanded her little girl raise those kids as members of Who Dey Nation or something. Maybe that’s why Sarah became an Eagles fan in the first place. She got fed up with dad, fled to Philly, became a licentious drunken Philly fan, and ended up settling with some pud of a Vikings fan. I bet she thinks of running away every single day.

"Then my daughter Julie met Emmitt Smith and never let us forget it!"

Really? Well then, get ******, Julie. All it took was one selfie with Emmitt and now you’re a Cowboys bandwagoner? What is wrong with you? And you’re BRAGGING about it? I would not invite Julie to Thanksgiving dinner. I would cut her out of the will. See if your new bestie Emmitt will invite you over this year, lady. Maybe he’ll serve you turnkey and snuffling.

"And after years of eating Roethlis-Burgers, my son Dan became a fan of the guy too!"

Dude, did these people even like the Vikings at all to begin with? They can’t WAIT to find new asshole teams to root for. My God. You ate a bunch of hamburgers and now Big Ben is your hero? You know about the rape allegations and his gray penis and all that, right? Or was the burger all that mattered to you? DURRRR DIS TASTE GOOD GUESS I’M A YINZER NOW SIX-BURGH KISS THE RINGS DURRRRR. And penetrate your hair.

"And that’s how my Vikings family became a Viking/Bengals/Eagles/Steelers/Cowboys family …"

Look at Julie! She’s wearing a Vikings jersey and a Cowboys hat! FLAG! I CALL A penetrating FLAG ON THAT OUTFIT! Only Snoop Dogg is allowed to get away with this sort of thing.

I hate this family. I hate this ad. It was clearly dreamed up by some hideous art director who was given implicit instructions to showcase a sociopathic family tree of people abandoning their original team just so they can gobble up more expensive crap at the NFL Shop. The NFL wants you to be a fairweather fan so that you watch more games and pull a Laura Quinn with your jersey every chance you get. It’s sickening, by God. And you know what the worst part is? The mom is HAPPY about this. She thinks this is the greatest thing that has ever happened to her family. Can’t she see the forest for the trees? Can’t she see that she is barely holding together a loveless collective? I bet Brendan and Julie and Dan LOATHE each other and spend every Thanksgiving staring their phones so they don’t have to talk to one another.

And of course they had to use my favorite team as the focal point for this exodus. It makes sense, since Vikings fans are horrible (last week’s game was probably 80% Packers fans, and those people probably all lived close by). But I already knew that. The NFL Shop didn’t have to go twisting the knife by holding up these smug losers as some kind of Normal Rockwell Footbaw family ideal. They didn’t have to go flaunting the transitory nature of shitty Vikings fans all across national television. You hurt me, NFL Shop. You hurt my essence. No gravy for you this Thanksgiving. That family can go to hell.
    Points Awarded:

Jeffie gave daneblazer 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

R.P. McMurphy gave daneblazer 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 6 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Guinser, mikejamm, blueghost, manny24, R.P. McMurphy, and Killer_Demo

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Blazer your top 10 when you drink

I bet you pack away 7-10 beers per night

Sledge187
    Sledge187's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5937

This thread is highly underrated.

EDDIE MONEY LINE
    Get duckets
    EDDIE MONEY LINE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3311

Now that was fuckn great

mikejamm
    mikejamm's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1345

Couldn't agree more! The worst fuk'in commercial I've ever seen!

kidcudi92
    W and Based Poster
    kidcudi92's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1679

fukk that fake family

grease lightnin
    &
    grease lightnin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3185

Yea I hate that commercial.

manny24
    pay Bobby
    manny24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 649

i hope this guy is getting his rooster washed by a unicorn sports tramp as we speak

Daner for SBR man of the year

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

Although I enjoy reading Drew Magary's stuff....it's hard for me to get past his libtardness. Him and all his queer Deadspin pals.
    They make me sick.

I agree 1000% with him on this, though. That's a family of front runnin, bandwagonning assholes. I've said many, many times on here...if you're a TRUE FAN OF YOUR TEAM....then you can't have a 2nd favorite team. That simply doesn't work.

El Niño is also like this family. He knows it...and I know it.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

A family of fanboys and fangirls. Isn't that one of Dante's circles of hell?

deltgen
    deltgen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4528

Good stuff, daneblazer. May I offer one counterpoint, however? Two fans of different teams procreating in a neutral city is a scenario that I am privy to. My brother is an Eagles guy and his wife is a Packers chick. They moved to St. Louis about four years ago, where they promptly had my nephew. They are now allowing him to be a Rams fan if he so chooses. They buy him little shirts and hats and the like, and even take him to one of the "open to the fans" days during their training camp. I don't know if they want the kid to grow up feeling that he is a part of the community he lives in, or if they are trying to maintain peace in their own relationship, but it's a concept I'm cool with.

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16121

I just teach children early that "you are a fan of the team you have money on"

Sledge187
    Sledge187's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5937

Quote Originally Posted by deltgen View Post
    Good stuff, daneblazer. May I offer one counterpoint, however? Two fans of different teams procreating in a neutral city is a scenario that I am privy to. My brother is an Eagles guy and his wife is a Packers chick. They moved to St. Louis about four years ago, where they promptly had my nephew. They are now allowing him to be a Rams fan if he so chooses. They buy him little shirts and hats and the like, and even take him to one of the "open to the fans" days during their training camp. I don't know if they want the kid to grow up feeling that he is a part of the community he lives in, or if they are trying to maintain peace in their own relationship, but it's a concept I'm cool with.
    Make sure he stays out of a place called Ferguson. Heard some bad stuff went down there recently.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Quote Originally Posted by Booya711 View Post
    I just teach children early that "you are a fan of the team you have money on"
    What about when your money is on totals, props, etc? I find myself so many times rooting for/against the refs! lol

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Quote Originally Posted by opie1988 View Post
    Although I enjoy reading Drew Magary's stuff....it's hard for me to get past his libtardness. Him and all his queer Deadspin pals.
    They make me sick.

I agree 1000% with him on this, though. That's a family of front runnin, bandwagonning assholes. I've said many, many times on here...if you're a TRUE FAN OF YOUR TEAM....then you can't have a 2nd favorite team. That simply doesn't work.

El Niño is also like this family. He knows it...and I know it.
    opie you should be a texans fan. Uou look like jj watt without the muscles

BadLuckSanta
    BadLuckSanta's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19889

Man, this was good!!!

DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30698

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

That was priceless! Now just needs to be made into its own commercial with Bill Burr, Doug Stanhope, Lewis Black, or Denis Leary reading this verbatim.

Delicious
    Delicious's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1845

I thought this would be a thread about the Kardashians.. Anyway, that was well done I hate that commercial

DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30698

It's definitely one fawked up family.

Every single family member is a fan of a shit team.

manny24
    pay Bobby
    manny24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 649

Quote Originally Posted by deltgen View Post

Delta the years of pain your nephew will have to endure could do irreparable damage to his psyche

the sands of time slide away quicker for Rams fans it's a proven fact

Delty when Uncle Richie stopped posting here he was like 26

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

They have a new one out trying to explain why their kids are turncoats.

Julies a smoke house. Need a commercial with her not wearing anything at all

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

I see these assholes are back

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Blazer let's concentrate on the game tonight and stay very focused

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Blazer let's concentrate on the game tonight and stay very focused
    Why? I'm not playing in it

existential
    existential's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 168545

I am a Vikings fan, but I think I can say objectively that this is the worst penetrating family in the universe, fictional or otherwise. Let’s go through the narration to get at the root of the suck …

"We started out as a Vikings family."

Yes, you did. And you should have STAYED that way. That is how being a fan penetrating works. You pick your team, and that is your team for life. If you were dumb enough to pick the Vikings, tough shit. You are saddled with Teddy Bridgewater overthrowing guys wearing his Hamburger Helper gloves whether you like it or not.

that's pure gold

Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough
    Killer_Demo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4201

Best thread of the year. I FUKKING HATE THAT AD! Sounds like a bunch of team-hopping bandwagoners. I would spit in julie's face and her whole fukking bandwagon family