bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

The Detroit Lions take

Matt Millen should be not only fired, but shot or hung. I can't believe that he took another wide receiver with the #2 pick.

Calvin Johnson might be the best player at the #2 pick, but come on. The Lions need help in so many other skilled positions it's not even funny.

I really feel bad for all you Lions fans

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4327

There really wasn't a defensive player that was worth a #2. They could of maybe traded down, but you can not pass on a Calvin Johnson.

They can address their defense in the later rounds. Or maybe pick up a QB.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Or maybe trade Johnson for a couple of picks to address their defense. Still not too late.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

Then they draft the weak armed Drew Stanton from Michigan State. I wonder if that was a homer pick?

Checkerboard
    Checkerboard's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14361

Quote Originally Posted by bigboydan View Post
    Matt Millen should be not only fired, but shot or hung. I can't believe that he took another wide receiver with the #2 pick.

Calvin Johnson might be the best player at the #2 pick, but come on. The Lions need help in so many other skilled positions it's not even funny.

I really feel bad for all you Lions fans
    So I guess you could say you found the pick offensive.

goldengoat
    goldengoat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 126

Quote Originally Posted by onlòóker View Post
    Then they draft the weak armed Drew Stanton from Michigan State. I wonder if that was a homer pick?
    holy shit i was laughing about the thought of drew stanton as an nfl QB and look who you say picks him????

matt millen.....omfg this guy is hopeless...stanton has 0 chance to succeed in the nfl....millen has 0 IQ as an nfl executive

Halo
    Halo's Avatar Become A Pro!

As a Lion's fan I have to say one thing...

WHAT THE **** ARE THEY THINKING ?!@

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Bigger news for the Lions is Josh McCown & Mike Williams going to the Raiders for a 4th round pick. Sounds like McCown & Williams both wanted out of Detroit. Nice pickup for the Raiders, IMO. I like McCown, and Williams might have a chance to resurrect his career with his former position coach, Kiffin.

EBone
    Washington State +140 over Wichita State
    EBone's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 158

I really thought the big OT from Wisconsin would be their pick. I guess if you commit to Martz then you have to have weapons that Martz likes in order to run his system. If I recall correctly, Charles Rogers was a "can't miss" as well. Mr. Millen must have naked pictures of someone for him to have held his position for as long as he has. I've always been one to give him the benefit of the doubt but this is getting a little ridiculous.

E

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yet another reason to get rid of Matt Millen!

The Lions basically gave away there draft next year, because they kept on trading up this year.

Halo
    Halo's Avatar Become A Pro!

Lions getting another rookie reciever is like a one legged man buying another arm.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Quote Originally Posted by bigboydan View Post
    Yet another reason to get rid of Matt Millen!

The Lions basically gave away there draft next year, because they kept on trading up this year.
    BBD, Calvin Johnson was the best guy in that spot. Really the only other option was to trade out of the spot. Hard to say how the trade talks went, but maybe other teams weren't offering enough. I doubt CJ will be a complete bust. Roy Williams wasn't a bust. Picking Mike Williams was probably a much bigger gamble than Millen realized and he should have definitely deferred on that pick.

WTF are you talking about the Lions giving away next year's draft? They didn't trade away any of next year's picks that I could find.
    Here's the teams that have lost 2008 picks so far:
    Round 1: Browns, 49ers, Colts
    Round 2: Texans
    Round 3: Chargers, Raiders, Ravens
    That's it.

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

They had no choice. CJ was a must-pick. Of course, IMO, he was a must-pick at #1 overall.

Mr Nuts
    Mr Nuts's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Razz View Post
    They had no choice. CJ was a must-pick. Of course, IMO, he was a must-pick at #1 overall.
    100%correct

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

No way you pass up CJ. Its just a shame for Millen it happen to be a wide receiver at that pick. Best player at the pick. A must pick. I'm sure trade talks didn't go well.