shopbar picks
    shopbar picks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22707

Josh Brent kills a guy. A.P. is suspended for spanking.

Josh Brent basically got a 10 month suspension for a felony. And Adrian Peterson is done for the year for a misdemeanor. For spanking his kid. 48 million dollar a Year Roget Godell would be fired on Tuesday if everyone on this forum did not bet a dime Sunday or Monday. Hate child abuse. But really?

POOLSIDE
    POOLSIDE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 586

Eh. They should both be fired. That's what would happen at most jobs, why not in the NFL?

Scottish
    Scottish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 259

Josh Brent also spent time in jail and showed remorse, Adrian Peterson was suspended with pay and basically said he'd continue to beat his kid with a switch in the future.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: slacker00

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

People need to STFU about Josh Brent. Even the victim's mother forgave Brent immediately & knew it was an accident.

Andy117
    Andy117's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25689

Quote Originally Posted by shopbar picks View Post
    Josh Brent basically got a 10 month suspension for a felony. And Adrian Peterson is done for the year for a misdemeanor. For spanking his kid. 48 million dollar a Year Roget Godell would be fired on Tuesday if everyone on this forum did not bet a dime Sunday or Monday. Hate child abuse. But really?
    But really? I'm fine if he never plays again.

Renegades
    Renegades's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22206

Accident for Josh Brent?? Really? Wasnt he drunk? I wouldnt call it an "accident" if you're drunk

slacker00

Quote Originally Posted by Renegades View Post
    Accident for Josh Brent?? Really? Wasnt he drunk? I wouldnt call it an "accident" if you're drunk
    If you're quoting the bible, then bless you. But all of us have stumbled from time to time. Forgiveness is available.

RavensFan2k3
    Handicappin' like I'm Trappin'
    RavensFan2k3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18704

Quote Originally Posted by Scottish View Post
    Josh Brent also spent time in jail and showed remorse, Adrian Peterson was suspended with pay and basically said he'd continue to beat his kid with a switch in the future.
    He should show remorse for disciplining his child?

slacker00

Quote Originally Posted by RavensFan2k3 View Post
    He should show remorse for disciplining his child?
    Beating a 4 year old child in the testicles with a stick is pedophilia. They guy deserves prison.

RavensFan2k3
    Handicappin' like I'm Trappin'
    RavensFan2k3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18704

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00 View Post
    Beating a 4 year old child in the testicles with a stick is pedophilia. They guy deserves prison.
    Is that what he did?

slacker00

Quote Originally Posted by RavensFan2k3 View Post
    Is that what he did?
    Yes.

mtofell
    mtofell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4680

Okay, I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt in that maybe you haven't completely looked into the Peterson thing (and I'd encourage you to do so). What Adrian Peterson did is FAR beyond "spanking". Stuffing leaves in a 4 year old kid's mouth and beating his testicles with a stick is not "spanking".

Bringing up other tragedies to try and justify what this parasite did is a lame attempt at justification. It looks like you should have completed your sentence to, "Hate child abuse.... unless it's done by a superstar I like and want to keep plyaing".

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

See what your saying but this was not a "spanking". I was spanked as a child sometimes even with the ol wooden spoon or belt a handful of times or so. But I never looked anything close to A.P. kid in those pics that was a "beating" and abuse their is a difference!.

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

Not like I don't hate Goodell with a passion but seriously what do we expect for them to care? Roger doesn't give a shit all the league cares about is $$ and image that's about it! Only reason A.P. getting hit with this is cause of the fallout from Ray Rice the league is doing everything they can since Roger dodger came out of hiding to repair things. Bigger question is how do these guys keep slipping thru our legal system so easily? Oh yeah $$ and name can influence that too. But seriously I hold our legal system more in contempt for this shit than Goodell.

shopbar picks
    shopbar picks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22707

I was not aware of the abuse. I thought it was a spanking like got as a child. He deserves what he got then. Thank you guys for setting me straight.

slacker00

I was not aware of the abuse. I thought it was a spanking like got as a child. He deserves what he got then. Thank you guys for setting me straight.
    NFL was spinning it pretty hard early on, bringing Charles Barkley to smooth it over, but more info kept coming out.

BeanTownClown88
    BeanTownClown88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4131

Brent was sorry and said hed never do it again..ap said pretty much that he was going to go home, put on some satan machine music, and start smashing his 5 year olds legs and testicles with a tree branch again..

slacker00

Quote Originally Posted by BeanTownClown88 View Post
    Brent was sorry and said hed never do it again..ap said pretty much that he was going to go home, put on some satan machine music, and start smashing his 5 year olds legs and testicles with a tree branch again..
    Don't forget about stuffing leaves into the kids orifice. AP is a sicko.