POOLSIDE
    POOLSIDE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 586

Bills/Dolphins Thursday

Bills are up to +6. No way for me to pass that up. Not sure how big to go, but fading Miami as a big favorite has to be about as profitable as fading Dallas in the same situation.

Havent heard much about this game on here. Any thougts?

WWCD
    Winner Winner Chicken Dinner
    WWCD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 663

Finnegan ruled out. Colledge doubtful. Left tackle, Albert placed on IR . 4 or 5 other starters which include Tannehill limited in practice. Seems to me that the Fins are a bit beat up.

I already liked the Bills in this game anyway...

Might throw a little something on the ML along with my side.

pixster
    pixster's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5629

Quote Originally Posted by POOLSIDE View Post
    Bills are up to +6. No way for me to pass that up. Not sure how big to go, but fading Miami as a big favorite has to be about as profitable as fading Dallas in the same situation.

Agree w/ your Bills lean, disagree w/ the Dallas quib.

POOLSIDE

Quote Originally Posted by pixster View Post
    Agree w/ your Bills lean, disagree w/ the Dallas quib.
    Quib? Hardly. Regarding my "quib", which of these facts do you not agree with?

Fact 1: Miami is 4-14 ATS over the last seven years as favorites of more than 3
    Fact 2: Dallas is 10-22 ATS as home favorites in the new stadium
    Fact 3: Romo is 13-23 as a favorite of 7 or more

There are plenty more if you'd like. Certainly not a low blow at Dallas. Simply a fact that should be considered when risking money on a sporting event.

WWCD

also.. Bills #1 pass rush vs. patched up oline missing their big money left tackle.

blstrick5
    blstrick5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1096

This almost seems too easy but I'm on the Bills too.

TheKLB
    TheKLB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 636

Dead head coach's dad. Take the MIA cover. They win by at least 7

16kredit
    16kredit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4644

Same as last week, I liked everything in that Bills team except Orton. Not saying that Watkins is Megatron, but Grimes will have a hard time containing him. Bills also have good ball hawking ability which means half success against someone like Tannehill. The public is on Miami which drives me even more towards Bills.

lukey016
    lukey016's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1581

Bills +6 spot on

Unwritten Law
    Unwritten Law's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -1617

backing the Bills here as well. Tannehill took a beating in Detroit...he's still licking his wounds.

RavensFan2k3
    Handicappin' like I'm Trappin'
    RavensFan2k3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18704

Quote Originally Posted by TheKLB View Post
    Dead head coach's dad. Take the MIA cover. They win by at least 7
    They beat SD following the death, then played Detroit, why would this game be affected by that

GT21Megatron
    GT21Megatron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6199

You guys arw obviously playing the points but beating a division opponent 5 straight times just doesnt happen very often.....Good luck putting your money on Kyle Orton in a primetime game

mdunlap3
    mdunlap3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4843

On the over.

blstrick5

Line is at -4 now.

Celtics08
    Celtics08's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3444

Quote Originally Posted by blstrick5 View Post
    Line is at -4 now.
    reason?

GT21Megatron

Quote Originally Posted by Celtics08 View Post
    reason?
    I think thats where the line should be anyways personally. Short week and everyone I've seen is taking the points with Miami having guys out. Im gonna wait and get Phins -3 and unload. This defense is only missing Finnegan. The first time around thr Bills had the ball in Miami territory the entire first half. They kicked 5 FGs and Spiller housed a kickoff. PHINS got a top 5 D, @ home, against a team who has one 4 straight against them. Albert isnt that big of a loss and Taylor is a legit corner who they can plug in forbFinnegan. MIAMI offense has been good since they played Oakland.

GT21Megatron

My Prediction....

Miami 24-13

Good luck fellas

beerman2619
    beerman2619's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 459

Fading Dallas this season son hasnt been very profitable

blstrick5

Quote Originally Posted by beerman2619 View Post
    He's probably referring to that MNF game at home against the Redskins.

POOLSIDE

Quote Originally Posted by beerman2619 View Post
    What is it with you Cowboys apologists? DALLAS IS HISTORICALLY HORRIBLE AGAINST THE SPREAD AS A BIG FAVORITE. This isn't vitriol. It's a documented fact. If you're not aware of this, what are you doing betting on the NFL??

This part of the conversation is insane. Yeah, fading them as big favorites hasn't been profitable THIS SEASON. Yet. However, you do realize they're 2-2 ATS this season as favorites of more than three points? Not exactly good either, even if that is a gigantic improvement for them historically haha.

blackeyeshamus
    swampdog stomp!
    blackeyeshamus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2224

http://blogs.miaminewtimes.com/ripti...akes_hotel.php

thought it was kinda funny that the direct tv production truck for thursday's game was stolen from a hotel parking lot in hialeah...like, the whole truck...that's just spectacular.

TheKLB
    TheKLB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 636

Quote Originally Posted by RavensFan2k3 View Post
    They beat SD following the death, then played Detroit, why would this game be affected by that
    Still won by 7

Ebumdude
    HTX
    Ebumdude's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1843

Quote Originally Posted by GT21Megatron View Post
    My Prediction....

Miami 24-13

Good luck fellas
    Damn close!!

22-9. Fish.

POOLSIDE

It all fell apart after that "safety". That wasn't a play that should have put points on the board AND resulted in a turnover. Eh.

WWCD

Couple of really bad calls. Think I am done with prime time games.

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13122

It all fell apart after that "safety". That wasn't a play that should have put points on the board AND resulted in a turnover. Eh.
    Isn't that what a safety is all about???

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by WWCD View Post
    Couple of really bad calls. Think I am done with prime time games.
    See you in MLB I hope.

WWCD

Quote Originally Posted by 44 Mag View Post
    See you in MLB I hope.
    Meh. Doing well this season actually. If I cut out prime time games, very well.. about 75% YTD.

Instead of fighting it, just thought it would be better just to cut them out of my plays.

POOLSIDE

Isn't that what a safety is all about???
    Yes, that is what a safety is. Thank you for clarifying. The quotations around the word, however, insinuate my opinion that the play was hardly intentional grounding. Allow me to spell it out.

Orton had little pressure. He was untouched before throwing. The ball landed approximately five yards from Watkins, despite the qb/wr mixup. Five yards is hardly grounds for INTENTIONAL grounding. I believe the rule book defines intentional grounding as something along the lines of a pass thrown with no realistic chance of being caught.

Okay. Guys throw bullets at the ground three yards in front of their check down running back as soon as they get pressure, five times a game. No way in hell those passes are thrown with any intention or ability to be caught. They're allowed to do it because there is "a receiver in the area". Guys throw the ball ten feet over the back of the endzone. Again, they're throwing it away INTENTIONALLY to live another down. Again, "receiver in the area". It's basic strategy, but those balls are intentionally thrown away. This one was not. And even with the mix up, it was still closer than some of Dalton's throws last week against Cleveland.

It was a horrific call that completely changed the momentum of the football game. The only reason more people aren't talking about it is because it was Bills/Dolphins. Imagine if Brady gets called for that against Manning in a one point game. I'm sure.

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO

Yes, that is what a safety is. Thank you for clarifying. The quotations around the word, however, insinuate my opinion that the play was hardly intentional grounding. Allow me to spell it out.

Orton had little pressure. He was untouched before throwing. The ball landed approximately five yards from Watkins, despite the qb/wr mixup. Five yards is hardly grounds for INTENTIONAL grounding. I believe the rule book defines intentional grounding as something along the lines of a pass thrown with no realistic chance of being caught.

Okay. Guys throw bullets at the ground three yards in front of their check down running back as soon as they get pressure, five times a game. No way in hell those passes are thrown with any intention or ability to be caught. They're allowed to do it because there is "a receiver in the area". Guys throw the ball ten feet over the back of the endzone. Again, they're throwing it away INTENTIONALLY to live another down. Again, "receiver in the area". It's basic strategy, but those balls are intentionally thrown away. This one was not. And even with the mix up, it was still closer than some of Dalton's throws last week against Cleveland.

It was a horrific call that completely changed the momentum of the football game. The only reason more people aren't talking about it is because it was Bills/Dolphins. Imagine if Brady gets called for that against Manning in a one point game. I'm sure.
    Hey brother, I am on your side most of the time and read your posts. I didn't watch the game or see the replay so I can't comment. But I was on Miami ML, so I can't complain. 22-9 is a very odd score, but obviously, Orton is not the answer @ QB. I was only responding to your original post regarding a safety. Not sure what you were referring to at the time. BOL in future wagers.

POOLSIDE

Hey brother, I am on your side most of the time and read your posts. I didn't watch the game or see the replay so I can't comment. But I was on Miami ML, so I can't complain. 22-9 is a very odd score, but obviously, Orton is not the answer @ QB. I was only responding to your original post regarding a safety. Not sure what you were referring to at the time. BOL in future wagers.
    Nice win. Just wish it would have been by five points or less haha. Take a look at this:

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles...-safety-ruling