LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

So If the NFL Playoffs Started Right This Second...

The 6-3 Packers would be out of the playoffs and the 4-5 Saints would host a game as a division champion. Typical NFL season, nothing to see here.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    The 6-3 Packers would be out of the playoffs and the 4-5 Saints would host a game as a division champion. Typical NFL season, nothing to see here.
    And the Superbowl will be before Christmas.

WildCelticsFan
    Update your status
    WildCelticsFan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11919

NFL teams seem way more balanced this year, gonna be an exciting playoff race

BriGuy
    BriGuy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4125

Well maybe if GB had beaten NO, they wouldn't be in that predicament.

People that are complaining about this situation sound like the people the complained about the old overtime rules. All we heard was whine whine whine about games being decided "by the toss of a coin" when a team took the opening kickoff of OT and drove down for a FG. The NFL changed the rules (which weren't broke in the first place) so a 1st possession FG doesn't end the game.

So what happened? We get ties more often and the exact same people that whined about the old rules are now whining about the new rules because they don't want ties.

I/O
    I/O's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    and NO would lose right off the bat

chaka
    chaka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11152

Quote Originally Posted by BriGuy View Post
    Well maybe if GB had beaten NO, they wouldn't be in that predicament.

People that are complaining about this situation sound like the people the complained about the old overtime rules. All we heard was whine whine whine about games being decided "by the toss of a coin" when a team took the opening kickoff of OT and drove down for a FG. The NFL changed the rules (which weren't broke in the first place) so a 1st possession FG doesn't end the game.

So what happened? We get ties more often and the exact same people that whined about the old rules are now whining about the new rules because they don't want ties.
    I think overtime coin toss should be decided right away before game starts
    Win coin toss and elect to take ball in Ot or take ball (now or at half)

Then teams Know the entire game who gets ball in ot and can adjust decisions if need be to avoid ot. If you can't win the game in the first 60 minutes don't cry about giving up a fg in OT. We no longer have "Sudden Death"
    Why is it teams can't score or move the ball then all of a sudden zip down the field in ot kick a fg. where was that in regulation?

There's still people whining that manning didn't get the ball against sea...again he had 60 min to,avoid that situation plus the defense had several plays/chances to stop sea from scoring in but didnt.

Why is it always well peyton should get the ball? I mean why is the greatest qb of all time always in OT rule discussions? Just sayin

i tried thinking of a stat that could be used to determine who gets ball first in OT but bottom line is points scored is all that counts and most yards or first downs can be skewed by big plays or def/ST returns

even if NFL,predetermined who,would get the ball when schedules are announced...the anticipated key games ( ie den/ ne) would still be criticized... I think actual game conditions should be allowed to be factored in the decision
    if its a hurricane blowing but you HAD to take the ball (rather than use the wind to your advantage)based on a decision made 6 months earlier wouldn't be right either.. Pre game coin toss would at least have pretty good idea of weather expected 3 hrs later

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

LT there are 16 games in a season unless they changed the rules

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Fukk green bay. Rodgers can eat a bowl of Cokk. Can't wait till we see that phaggot again.

meader99
    meader99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5231

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke View Post
    Fukk green bay. Rodgers can eat a bowl of Cokk. Can't wait till we see that phaggot again.
    Week 17 in Wisconsin? Probably see Matt Flynn again.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Is Rogers really into men??

I heard rumors but I never heard any confirmation