Betpoints: 26848

Steelers are due for a lost

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by yankees10 View Post
    Shazier and polamalu out for Pittsburgh
    This. Sad it took so long to point out the Steelers are all kind of banged up right now.

16kredit
    16kredit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4644

They are fine without them. Everybody is saying due theory, what about "ride the wave" Pitt is on the rise got momentum while Jets could not improve on their secondary. It is natural to be cautious but there is literally no reason to back the jets who can find ways to cover BUT THEY JUST CANT CLOSE THE DEAL

Koldazzice
    Koldazzice's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4257

Quote Originally Posted by MoMoneyMoVaughn View Post

Hahaha nice and yes its a monster trap. Its the nfl and pitt looks awesome and jets look like shit. Just when that happens jets win by 7-10 and kill every teaser, ml and straight bet on pitts.

jayson311
    jayson311's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 354

Mentioning the defense...really?? They let up 57 points in 2 games.. only to score 94. Due for a loss theory would be about as smart as playing the Raiders ML, they are due for a win.

yankees10
    yankees10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6826

So y'all backing a team that lost to Tampa bay ?? Ok

shaunovery
    shaunovery's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 103

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    After this past weekend i think its pretty obvious there are no traps or fixed games.

Last night 80% of public was on the road favorite Colts and they still kicked the Giants ass in a nationaly telivised isolated game.

I learned my lesson. I will never fade the public again. From now on i will not even look at the consensus numbers bc they are meaningless. Dont be like me and make handicappin harder than it needs to be.
    Been saying that for years consensus numbers mean nothing

Tommy Blingshyne
    Tommy Blingshyne's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 304

how is this a trap line? steelers -4/4.5 on the road equates to steelers -10/10.5 at home...if anything, line is inflated...

jt315
    jt315's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13730

Quote Originally Posted by thunderous View Post
    Not the opening line, I remember cause I had GB -7 in that game.
    The game closed at 7, not opened .

Spedizzo
    Spedizzo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 158

Steelers defense is banged up

Michael Vick capable of having a decent game

Jets defense capable of being tough

Not sure how they stop Brown though

Spedizzo
    Spedizzo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 158

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Blingshyne View Post
    how is this a trap line? steelers -4/4.5 on the road equates to steelers -10/10.5 at home...if anything, line is inflated...
    more like -7 or -7.5

I think the rule of thumb is 3 points

but Jets home should be -EV

thunderous
    Update your status
    thunderous's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7111

Quote Originally Posted by jt315 View Post
    The game closed at 7, not opened .
    Could be but I clearly remember getting a push and feeling fortunate that I did not lose after what had happened in the first half of that game.

greypimps
    greypimps's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1736

No such thing as a trap.. take the pits.. feck turd jets gonna get blow out.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Quote Originally Posted by Spedizzo View Post
    more like -7 or -7.5

Right 3 points so -10/-10.5 in Pittsburgh. -7/-7.5 would be the neutral line.

LT Profits

And Steelers have not been that good on the road this year. I will stay away from side I think.

Tommy Blingshyne
    Tommy Blingshyne's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 304

Quote Originally Posted by Spedizzo View Post
    more like -7 or -7.5

that would be on a neutral field, not steelers at home...

Riceboi
    Riceboi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 32

not touching this game. it will be one of those games where if I bet steelers I be kicking myself for knowing it was a trap, if I bet Jets i'll be kicking myself for not making the obvious play on the better team.

no thanks vegas
    Points Awarded:

Ebumdude gave Riceboi 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

teecee
    teecee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2879

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Blingshyne View Post
    I agree

Rich Boy
    Rich Boy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1106

Steelers too inconsistent to trust as a road dog of -4.5

Just tease them to +3 or +3.5 that will be very comfortable

pacocn
    pacocn's Avatar Become A Pro!

What will this line end up b
    Right before kickoff 6?

Unwritten Law
    Unwritten Law's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -1617

Jets ML

STEEBUNDLES
    STEEBUNDLES's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 338

too easy

Jets are AWFULHome field means nothing, they play worse at home if anything. BUT: they are also the classic team to cover when the whole planet is on the obvious pick... shoulda beat packers but blew it (COVERED) . Jets were a score away from tying Peyton but that pick 6 screwed vegas (it happens but clearly jets were suppose to cover but uncontrollable)... AND THE ONE NO1 mentioned.. How about Missing a game winning a fg against the Patriots. Then boom U take the jets -3 against buffalo, sounds logical and jets shit the bed. Steelers might just be the hottest team/offense in NFL as of last few weeks and the jets are an absolute joke. Pitt is on fire going into a 1-8 team. Whole planet gonna be on Pitt and i guarantee the line doesn't budge to 6 because they are begging u to take PITT.. Jets are the classic team that as soon as u claim them pathetic, they play a team thats on fire and they play a close game or win. OR HEY MAYBE IM CRAZY. we'll all see sunday. I live for these games. books don't just wanna give money away, when obvious picks like this happen and the number doesnt budge I'm all over it. Possibly best bet of the year

JETS ML SMALL/ SPREAD BIGGGGG

LT Profits

Again, no one mentioned that all Pittsburgh dominant performance were at home, they have not been good on the road.

Renegades
    Renegades's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22206

Teams like the jets find a way to faack it up. They underperform their stats. Statistically they are much better than their record yet they find a way to lose. All the little things they dont do well in a game add up. They were right in the game; ex vs ne, den, kc, chi, det. Once again they'll be in this game but what will happen when plays need to be made...

Renegades
    Renegades's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22206

Also the 2014 version of the nfl is nice and square. The guy sitting on the barstool that says "that looks easy, I'll take it" is winning this yr. exhibit A indy over giants

JamieC
    JamieC's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post
    Hint: go look at steelers record after prime time victories vs the ravens
    Can't access after prime time victories but after defeating the Ravens the Steelers in the Mike Tomlin era are

SU: 5-3-0 (0.75, 62.5%) Teaser Records
    ATS: 4-4-0 (-3.25, 50.0%) avg line: -4.0 +6: 6-2-0 (75.0%) -6: 2-6-0 (25.0%) +10: 6-2-0 (75.0%) -10: 0-8-0 (0.0%)
    O/U: 6-2-0 (5.69, 75.0%)

Last year they lost to the Raiders in this spot when Pryor broke a 93 yard run and opened up the first quarter up 14-0.

This doesn't look like a great spot for the Steelers but I think this one where you don't over think it and you play the team playing better football. Would anyone really be surprised if the Jets didn't win another game? I'll be teasing this to a pick em and taking the Steelers.

PickoMoff
    No Risk No Reward!
    PickoMoff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 919

1. Steelers on the road
    2. Jets pass rush is much better than colts and ravens
    3. Jets at home
    4. Geno's on the bench.
    5. Troy Paul-whatever is hurt

No trap here. People are just overvaluing Pittsburgh who I still think is horrible and only benefitted because they were at home the past three games.

mitch51
    mitch51's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8964

Quote Originally Posted by Renegades View Post
    Also the 2014 version of the nfl is nice and square. The guy sitting on the barstool that says "that looks easy, I'll take it" is winning this yr. exhibit A indy over giants
    Lol. I am as square as they come. Indy looked not only easy but pathetically easy, so I took them. But what the hell. Square money spends just as good as so-called sharp money last I heard. Mine did, anyway.

jayson311

I am not saying the Jets won't win SU, but the reasoning in these threads are great. You think Vegas picked a side, steelers put up a 100 at home the last 2 games but that's just home field advantage lol. It's square bc some guy at a bar played the colts blah blah blah. Didn't everyone say the same crap about the bills last week?? You guys over think shit bc you think Vegas knows some voodoo, if the did the colts won't cover and the under would have hit. You fear mongering idiots will be right once in awhile, but overall you miss easy money. Public hits more than you think and you lose to many trying to make a hero pick. Steelers are by no means the best pick on the board but that offense deserves a bet this week against a 1-8 team. They could easily put up 50 here play horrible D and still win by 25.

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

all the handicapping and guessing in the world doesn't calculate the late pick 6 by any jets quarterback on the field. unless it's teebow who cannot complete the ball to anyone, good luck with the jets. that is the right side, but make 100% sure you understand they will do things to lose and under achieve every week.

mitch51
    mitch51's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8964

Quote Originally Posted by jayson311 View Post
    I am not saying the Jets won't win SU, but the reasoning in these threads are great. You think Vegas picked a side, steelers put up a 100 at home the last 2 games but that's just home field advantage lol. It's square bc some guy at a bar played the colts blah blah blah. Didn't everyone say the same crap about the bills last week?? You guys over think shit bc you think Vegas knows some voodoo, if the did the colts won't cover and the under would have hit. You fear mongering idiots will be right once in awhile, but overall you miss easy money. Public hits more than you think and you lose to many trying to make a hero pick. Steelers are by no means the best pick on the board but that offense deserves a bet this week against a 1-8 team. They could easily put up 50 here play horrible D and still win by 25.
    Totally agreed. Trying to pretend that you are a "sharp" will vaporize your bankroll. Why? Because you ain't really sharp. And, if you fade the public all the time, you will get creamed now. It's getting tricky.

LT Profits

steelers put up a 100 at home the last 2 games but that's just home field advantage
    Well....YEAH. Just look up their road performances this year, the disparity is obvious.

jayson311

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post

Well....YEAH. Just look up their road performances this year, the disparity is obvious.
    That's only if you are dumb enough to compare this team the past 2 weeks to the offense they ran the first 6 weeks

LT Profits

That's only if you are dumb enough to compare this team the past 2 weeks to the offense they ran the first 6 weeks
    Nothing has changed personnel wise except for Byrant playing more and Wheaton less. Let them prove themselves on the road before anointing them anything more than just a good team, if Steelers don't improve their road play, they probably won't make playoffs.

LT Profits

And let me repeat I have no side on this game, so if the Steelers do explode again, so be it. It wouldn't cost me a thing. But I would not be so anxious to give more than a field goal on the road until they prove they can do it.

First 12345 Last