Filmoz
    Filmoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 793

All of you that are posting in this thread that it is some kind of injustice that somebody would be punished for merely "disciplining" a child, etc, seem to really be overlooking the severity of the injuries in relation to the age of the child. This was a 4-year old, who he beat with a wooden stick until it caused multiple painful, lasting injuries, including on one of his testicles. There can certainly be an honest debate about whether, generally speaking, corporeal discipline is acceptable and within the scope of the privacy of the parent-child relationship, but the specifics of this incident are beyond the pale. This was a 4-year old, and he beat the shit out of him. 4-year olds do not have the same level of culpability and accountability for their actions as a 13 year old, 10 year old, 7 year old, etc.

And to make it worse, much of the other info that came out during the case added even more troubling context. If I remember correctly, there were text messages that were leaked between AP and one of his other babymommas, where he is referring to beating his other kid of a similar age, along the lines of "I had to whoop him good this time, he tried to be tough and not cry haha" and the mom was like "please stop, you can't just keep beating him." So basically, it appears that AP is just an idiot who delights in beating his children. And to top it off, he has like 8 kids with 8 different women, so from the point of view of these kids he is their dad who they barely ever see and when they do finally see him all he does is beat them.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

He is an animal

He was no father to that kid

rarely saw him

lock the animal up

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

what i want to know is why is Adrian Peterson even disciplining a kid he dont even live with?

If all he wants to do is drive 4 hours to beat his kid i think he has mental issues. Maybe he was beaten as a kid and now he wants his kid to suffer or some shit like that

obviously AP should never be allowed to visit any of these kids ever again. Instead of winning an MVP award in Football it looks like he might deserve "Worst Father of the World" award.

anyway i hope they ban him for life from the NFL. And if he does play i hope fans throw batteries at him. He is almost as bad of a person as michael vick.

jjgold

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    what i want to know is why is Adrian Peterson even disciplining a kid he dont even live with?

If all he wants to do is drive 4 hours to beat his kid i think he has mental issues. Maybe he was beaten as a kid and now he wants his kid to suffer or some shit like that

obviously AP should never be allowed to visit any of these kids ever again. Instead of winning an MVP award in Football it looks like he might deserve "Worst Father of the World" award.

anyway i hope they ban him for life from the NFL. And if he does play i hope fans throw batteries at him. He is almost as bad of a person as michael vick.
    bang!!! I could see if he lived with him and was a real dad

He beat him because he had to watch him the 3x a year he does

He is scum..I say Minny wants no part of him

BigSpoon
    Henlo
    BigSpoon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 65573

Vikings are doing fine in the running game without AP anyways. Can't root for that guy whenever he comes back regardless.

Spedizzo
    Spedizzo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 158

everyone in my fantasy leagues picking him up now

whats the point?

chances are, even if he does play, it will be a few games, and he will have to get back into shape after all child beating pot smoking orgys hes been having

Filmoz
    Filmoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 793

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post

Definitely, that's what I'm saying. Not only does he beat his kids, but with his situation having so many children with so many different women, he is not a significant presence in any of their lives. Sees each one relatively little and when he does, apparently he is just beating the shit out of them. Imagine the point of view of the children, being told that this man is ostensibly their "father" but all they know is they only see him occasionally and when they do he just beats the shit out of them for the slightest perceived misbehavior.

jjgold

If I was Minnesota I would waive him or trade him

4TH AND STUPID
    best NFL capper at SBR
    4TH AND STUPID's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1990

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    If I was Minnesota I would waive him or trade him
    ya lets waive a 6x pro bowler that carried the franchise on his back since 2007.....u dummy

First 12