jayson311
    jayson311's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 354

Kansas City

The line is or was anywhere from 9 to 10. Can anyone give me a reasonable answer to why this isn't game 28-13? Vick, or whomever else the Jetlog out there after he gets blown up will keep Philly defense on the field making it easier on the O and the D.
    KC made Brady look like a juvenile, what's Vick and company gonna look like? Kc should be roaring after that WS loss as well. FADE BAD TEAMS AND WORSE QBS

Axman3000
    Axman3000's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 205

Kansas City is a run-heavy team and the Jets have a good run defense. Kansas City has a bad habit of under-using Charles when needed and over-using him when it's not working. The Chiefs will win but it will be closer than people think. Houston & Hali blowing past the Jets OL combined with Charles being overused on a tough run defense will also most likely result in a low scoring game.
    Points Awarded:

dfish gave Axman3000 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

jayson311

Quote Originally Posted by Axman3000 View Post
    Kansas City is a run-heavy team and the Jets have a good run defense. Kansas City has a bad habit of under-using Charles when needed and over-using him when it's not working. The Chiefs will win but it will be closer than people think. Houston & Hali blowing past the Jets OL combined with Charles being overused on a tough run defense will also most likely result in a low scoring game.

I have charles on my fantasy team, I don't see them stopping him completely but they are gonna have to commit to stop him. I don't disagree with your thoughts though but we gotta figure atleast 7 from the D and I think Andy has been pretty open about screwing up with Charles early in the year, he is a great coach hopefully he stops screwing up. I think they put up over 30 against the Rams, Fins, and Pats. Should be interesting

16kredit
    16kredit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4644

Jets are good in stopping the run and Alex Smith isnt the type of QB to throw deep to expose that secondary. On the other hand Jets will turn the ball over at least 3 times. Thats why taking jets+ points is risky.

RavensFan2k3
    Handicappin' like I'm Trappin'
    RavensFan2k3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18704

I just dont think the Chiefs should have ever been -10 vs the Jets...thats ridiculous

House
    House's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5492

Chiefs stomped out the Pats by 30 at home , Chiefs stomped out the Rams by 30 plus after the rams beat the Seahags .... Chiefs should roll here .... could shut the Jets out very easy ..I can see a 20-7 ...24 - 0 kinda game today in KC

RavensFan2k3
    Handicappin' like I'm Trappin'
    RavensFan2k3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18704

Quote Originally Posted by House View Post
    Chiefs stomped out the Pats by 30 at home , Chiefs stomped out the Rams by 30 plus after the rams beat the Seahags .... Chiefs should roll here .... could shut the Jets out very easy ..I can see a 20-7 ...24 - 0 kinda game today in KC
    Chiefs were dogs vs Pats and -7 vs Rams...-10 vs Jets is on another level IMO

BeanTownClown88
    BeanTownClown88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4131

Reid knows vick too this has 30-17 or worse chiefs victory

House

Exactly Beantown ....... not to mention Raven , the Rams and Pats are both better then those Jets ....

mtofell
    mtofell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4680

This is the game that jumped out to me right from the start. My only hesitation is with the new QB the team may play better... momentarily. It's like in the NBA when a coach gets fired and the crappy team comes out and overachieves. A shake up at the top temporarily energizes everyone and they want to prove they aren't the problem.

All that being said I'm still pretty high on the Chiefs to cover the spread. I think this could easily be a blowout.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

this gm sets up really well for the jets. they been getting exposed playing mostly by elite passing attacks, granted the bills aint exactly that but they do have a talented wr corp. look at the teams jets have played, there schedule was brutal, especially for a team with a decimated secondary. kc doesnt present any such challenge, their wrs are mediocre at best and the qb aint exactly pushing the ball down the field when he healthy, he certainly not exposing them with a banged up shoulder.. if vick can play a reasonably clean gm, as in 2 or fewer turnovers (hopefully asking him to turn it over only twice isnt too much to ask), jets will be in this thing to the end.. the case being made about what kc did to brady doesnt really mean much here, 1 could argue Vick will be more difficult for them as he wont be a sitting duck in the pocket. reid does know him well tho and that is a factor. however his d is built to get up field and think there be more than one occasion where they blow containment. way to many points for kc to be laying here, they were a easy bet vs lambs last week but dont make the mistake of thinking this gm gonna play out similarly.. just my 2 cents. gl

House

For one to the Bank , the Jets played the Raiders , Buff, Chi, and Det ..< none of those are worth a shit ..Jets get shut out today in Arrowhead .... Chiefs are #1 in pass defense , Vics gonna have a problem with that once the Chiefs start loading the box the run will be done , much like last week vs the Rams ...< and that wont take to long

Str8Mush4Life
    Str8Mush4Life's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6139

For one to the Bank , the Jets played the Raiders , Buff, Chi, and Det ..< none of those are worth a shit ..Jets get shut out today in Arrowhead .... Chiefs are #1 in pass defense , Vics gonna have a problem with that once the Chiefs start loading the box the run will be done , much like last week vs the Rams ...< and that wont take to long
    You conveniently forgot to mention the close games they had against Denver and NE who are both 'worth a shit'...............

House

Quote Originally Posted by Str8Mush4Life View Post
    You conveniently forgot to mention the close games they had against Denver and NE who are both 'worth a shit'...............
    Ahhhhh, Dever smashed the Jets 31-17 and covered in NY ...< The Chiefs played the Broncos in Denver and lost 24-17 ... The Jets LOST to the Pats 25-23 , the same Pats that the Chiefs DESTROYED 41-14 ...... Good point bro lol

House

Here's another one for ya ... The Chiefs went into San Diego when the Chargers had won 5 straight and got the win Chiefs 23-20 Chargers < The Jets got smashed in the va- JJ lol 31-0 in SD......

2daBank

whatever you say boss. buf, chi, and det all have good passing games with legit threats on the outside. kc does not.. jets aint gonna be the only team that find it tough sledding between the tackles today, jets can stop the run and they certainly dont have to worry about getting beat deep to do so.. ill take my chances with vick against a loaded box to make plays, sure he will make them for both teams but at this number he only has to make 2 or 3 and i have enough to cover..

2daBank

Here's another one for ya ... The Chiefs went into San Diego when the Chargers had won 5 straight and got the win Chiefs 23-20 Chargers < The Jets got smashed in the va- JJ lol 31-0 in SD......
    it hilarious that you think capping nfl gms is as simple as team A did this vs team B, team C did that vs team D, equals this so easy everyone should be rich!

styles and timing are everything in this league and other than the raiders who you mentioned kc is a better matchup for nyj than any other team they have played simply because they dont have the ability to exploit jets biggest weakness..

House

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    it hilarious that you think capping nfl gms is as simple as team A did this vs team B, team C did that vs team D, equals this so easy everyone should be rich!

styles and timing are everything in this league and other than the raiders who you mentioned kc is a better matchup for nyj than any other team they have played simply because they dont have the ability to exploit jets biggest weakness..
    I don't at all , I was just saying after someone else said that I didn't mention the teams that the Jets played close lol I don't cap games like that , but its something to look at ...just another tool so to say... its about match ups ..

terpkeg
    terpkeg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2428

5th time this year the Jets have been a TD+ Dog.

at Packers - Likely covered spread depending what # you had. Could of easily won that game.
    at Chargers - Blow out. Worst performance of the year.
    Broncos - Had ball down one score twice in the last 5 minutes. Pick 6 covered in last 30 seconds.
    at Pats - Jets outplayed them, down to wire.

Looking at these games, you wouldn't think they would be +9. Seems like they put their whole season into the Pats game. Last week emotional let down,

If Rex convinced them to play for their jobs, this should be a close game. If Chiefs are resting on their laurels after a dominant win last week, they can lose. QB switch maybe a good thing.

If Jets have mailed it in mentally, which is possible, this will be a blow out. But, for the reasons listed above (A. Smith vertically challenged and Jets D-line), match-up suits Jets.

16kredit
    16kredit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4644

QB switch any good? They are already planning to start Geno against steelers next week. This means they dont trust Vick at all, no matter of the result of this game, additionally they've probably seen what he (cant) do on practice.

jt315
    jt315's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13736

Quote Originally Posted by terpkeg View Post
    5th time this year the Jets have been a TD+ Dog.

at Packers - Likely covered spread depending what # you had. Could of easily won that game.
    at Chargers - Blow out. Worst performance of the year.
    Broncos - Had ball down one score twice in the last 5 minutes. Pick 6 covered in last 30 seconds.
    at Pats - Jets outplayed them, down to wire.

Looking at these games, you wouldn't think they would be +9. Seems like they put their whole season into the Pats game. Last week emotional let down,

If Rex convinced them to play for their jobs, this should be a close game. If Chiefs are resting on their laurels after a dominant win last week, they can lose. QB switch maybe a good thing.

If Jets have mailed it in mentally, which is possible, this will be a blow out. But, for the reasons listed above (A. Smith vertically challenged and Jets D-line), match-up suits Jets.
    Jets seem to play their best in games when taking a TD plus. Still a pass for me.
    They are also starting an undrafted free agent corner off the practice squad .
    Perhaps a breakout day for Bowe ....finally !!!

jayson311

Here comes the back door cover thanks to 2 pass plays with 2 mins left

House

feel better Chiefs cover

jayson311

Yeahhhh boy!!

House

Axman3000
    Axman3000's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 205

Took the Jets and the point's. It seemed like the right play at the time but that's how it goes. I did hit my under though so I guess my logic wasn't completely crazy