44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12894

Quote Originally Posted by Ghenghis Kahn View Post
    actually just one clown itt...
    If you don't know who the sucker is in the game, It must be you.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32788

Quote Originally Posted by BeanTownClown88 View Post
    Fred I agree that if the Pats don't stop the rush, we're in trouble. I think Brady has been working on extending plays with his feet so that he can survive in this game..Not sure if he can out run guys but atleast make himself a moving target..I love having the debate with Colts fans who have followed this thing since it's inception. I actually went to IU (HOOSIERS BABY) and almost got my ass kicked more than a few times for my allegiance lol The one thing I got people to admit was that if Manning never won another SB, they would not be satisfied with his career..He is one of the great ones, but so is Tom!

Brady and Bill have to come up with a game plan that keeps the offense on the field, the less Peyton and that offense is off the field the better NE's chances are to win.

Forte ripped that front to shreds last week even though Pat's romped.
    Hillman will play (shoulder) Sunday, he ain't Forte, but he's a good back.
    Ball is out again, but Thomson (who is 3rd on the back chart) is a nice back too, nobody knows it because he's buried behind Ball and Hillman.

Pat's are pretty tough to pass on, however this is a special kind of offense.
    You guys all know the personnel, I don't have to get long winded here.
    Peyton (all pro) has all pro TE, and he has all pro wide outs.

Bill Belichick knows what to do, he and Parcells did it against Buffalo back in the day in the Super Bowl.
    Ball control, keep Denver's defense on the field, keep Peyton and his merrymen off the field.

Simple.
    Brady has to move the ball with Vereen, and get 10-15 yard chunks with Gronk, and keep the Denver defense honest with a deep one every now and then looking at LaFell. (or Edelman)

If NE can stop the run, the secondary has the talent to make plays.
    Pats win at home IF the D-front pressures Manning, and the secondary makes the plays.
    Pats win if they can play ball control offense and keep Peyton off the field.

If the defense lets Peyton be Peyton, lights out, long day in Mass.

Bill needs to force the defensive unit to watch the film from the last Super Bowl on how to beat Peyton.

BriGuy
    BriGuy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4113

The weather forecast for this game has been getting progressively worse as the week has worn on. It has dropped a few degrees but, more importantly, the predicted winds have increased by about 10 MPH over the past few days.

Dollars2Donuts
    Deadly
    Dollars2Donuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 589

Quote Originally Posted by 44 Mag View Post
    Does Denver play in a dome??? What didn't you read before you posted this??? " Manning will stiffen up" . LOL. Might be a good choice on the under, but the rest is bullshit. Imagine thinking either one of these QB's will be bothered by weather. Where do you live " Death Valley"???
    Hey, you STUPID FUKK....read the context. I didn't say he will stiffen up because of the weather, I said he will stiffen up because of all of the previous comments....ie, the playoff scenario. I didn't mean physically he will stiffen up....go Fukk yourself.

Do you think I am penetrating retarded? Who the penetrate do you think you are talking to you fukking POS?

rocky16
    rocky16's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40

Quote Originally Posted by Dollars2Donuts View Post

Hey, you STUPID FUKK....read the context. I didn't say he will stiffen up because of the weather, I said he will stiffen up because of all of the previous comments....ie, the playoff scenario. I didn't mean physically he will stiffen up....go Fukk yourself.

Do you think I am penetrating retarded? Who the penetrate do you think you are talking to you fukking POS?
    Focking keyboard warrior. You ain't shit pal.

KingTout
    KingTout's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2389

last november when these two teams played in gillette stadium, the wind was in the mid 20s with gusts up to 50mph. brady threw for 344 yards and manning threw for 150 yards. this sunday, the forecast is calling for winds in the mid 20s with gusts up to 50mph. i'll be putting my money on brady

yes, i realize a lot of the passing differential was because the patriots had to come back from a huge deficit because they spotted denver a lead via numerous fumbles, but we're still talking about nearly 7 ypa for brady versus 4 ypa for manning

also, note that this sunday's wind is supposed to be coming from the nnw, which means it will be coming in directly through the nnw-facing open end of the stadium. should be a major factor

Arky
    Arky's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 18868

Some trends:

Tom Brady is 8-1 ATS as a home underdog.

Tom Brady is 20-10 ATS as an underdog since 2003.

Manning is 2-7 SU in Foxboro.

Source.

Dollars2Donuts
    Deadly

Quote Originally Posted by rocky16 View Post
    Focking keyboard warrior. You ain't shit pal.
    Never fukkin' heard of ya, pal.

rocky16
    rocky16's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40

Never fukkin' heard of ya, pal.
    Careful little boy. This isn't like your slap fights in Hebrew school worst thing that happened is someones beanie fell off. Would starch you. Lay you out with one shot.

Ebumdude
    HTX
    Ebumdude's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1843

Calm down ladies. We are all here for the same purpose:

Winning cash money.

Dollars2Donuts
    Deadly

Quote Originally Posted by rocky16 View Post
    Careful little boy. This isn't like your slap fights in Hebrew school worst thing that happened is someones beanie fell off. Would starch you. Lay you out with one shot.
    Lol....and you call me out for being a keyboard warrior? You e-fighting maniac you....literally, nobody here knows who you are, nobody cares how big your e-muscles are....take a pill, get a clue and post a winner.

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO

Do you think I am penetrating retarded?
    Who the penetrate do you think you are talking to you fukking POS?
    YES.

Dollars2Donuts
    Deadly

YES.
    Funny guy. Once upon a time I though you actually contributed to this forum. Now I realize you are just one of many, too bad.

Scottish
    Scottish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 259

Seyton in the elements!

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out
    MoMoneyMoVaughn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4547

[
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Dollars2Donuts

KiDBaZkiT
    September 2021 POTM
    KiDBaZkiT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1291

Quote Originally Posted by Ghenghis Kahn View Post
    do you remember how it happened? it was all due to the weather. if the weather is somewhat decent, i wouldn't fade the broncos.
    Never said I was. Maybe you need to check a weather report cause looks to me like it will be shitty weather again. Starting to lean Pats alredy.

http://www.weather.com/weather/weekend/USMA0146

Dollars2Donuts
    Deadly

Quote Originally Posted by MoMoneyMoVaughn View Post
    [
    My thoughts as well, except that RaJo was 28 before he started to really get a hold of the strike zone and find success....and I am not sure that Mad will ever have the same regular season success. We will have to see!

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    Brady hasnt lost a home game in the regular season since 2006.

You know Manning has had that stat on his mind all week.
    Um actually they lost to the niners not too long ago

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out
    MoMoneyMoVaughn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4547

My thoughts as well, except that RaJo was 28 before he started to really get a hold of the strike zone and find success....and I am not sure that Mad will ever have the same regular season success. We will have to see!
    The comparison is less their careers and styles than it is that I thought Mad sort of had a RaJo look going on for the world series hahaha.

Tough to put many in the same sentence as a guy who won 300 games during the 80's and 90's.
    Oh and those 4800 strikeouts. Randy a little short on rings unfortunately.

blstrick5
    blstrick5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1096

Denver -3, but mostly because of their improved defense.

BeanTownClown88
    BeanTownClown88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4131

BB has crazy track record against jack del rio tho..consistently coaches circles around this guy

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by BeanTownClown88 View Post
    BB has crazy track record against jack del rio tho..consistently coaches circles around this guy
    This is simple, don't over think it. Take the Pat's @ home getting points. Regular season game just @ half way. BOL to all.

BeanTownClown88
    BeanTownClown88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4131

Mag i agree..i however will take denver and if they lose i will credit myself with the reverse jinx, if denver wins il collect and be weeping alone

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 292

Broncos were helped by the zebras last week so the public thinks the zebras will help the home team this week. Public is smart.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Does Denver play in a dome??? What didn't you read before you posted this??? " Manning will stiffen up" . LOL. Might be a good choice on the under, but the rest is bullshit. Imagine thinking either one of these QB's will be bothered by weather. Where do you live " Death Valley"???
    wind and cold has always effected noodle arm mannings throws. no clue why you keep saying otherwise? the fact he changed teams dosnt change the fact he isnt nearly as effective in unideal situations. donks kinda lucked up that it was unseasonably warm during their playoff run last season..

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    wind and cold has always effected noodle arm mannings throws. no clue why you keep saying otherwise? the fact he changed teams dosnt change the fact he isnt nearly as effective in unideal situations. donks kinda lucked up that it was unseasonably warm during their playoff run last season..
    What's your point??? Noodle arm Manning????

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

so is the weather really going to be that cold on sunday?

stevenash

Broncos have more weapons.
    Patriots have Brady and the home field.

This is what I am going to do.

Teased the Brady's up to +11
    Teased the Bengals down to -3

Cash that thang

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    Broncos have more weapons.
    Patriots have Brady and the home field.

This is what I am going to do.

Teased the Brady's up to +11
    Teased the Bengals down to -3

Cash that thang
    what does that pay?

even money?

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Brady and Bill have to come up with a game plan that keeps the offense on the field, the less Peyton and that offense is off the field the better NE's chances are to win.

Forte ripped that front to shreds last week even though Pat's romped.
    Hillman will play (shoulder) Sunday, he ain't Forte, but he's a good back.
    Ball is out again, but Thomson (who is 3rd on the back chart) is a nice back too, nobody knows it because he's buried behind Ball and Hillman.

Pat's are pretty tough to pass on, however this is a special kind of offense.
    You guys all know the personnel, I don't have to get long winded here.
    Peyton (all pro) has all pro TE, and he has all pro wide outs.

Bill Belichick knows what to do, he and Parcells did it against Buffalo back in the day in the Super Bowl.
    Ball control, keep Denver's defense on the field, keep Peyton and his merrymen off the field.

Simple.
    Brady has to move the ball with Vereen, and get 10-15 yard chunks with Gronk, and keep the Denver defense honest with a deep one every now and then looking at LaFell. (or Edelman)

If NE can stop the run, the secondary has the talent to make plays.
    Pats win at home IF the D-front pressures Manning, and the secondary makes the plays.
    Pats win if they can play ball control offense and keep Peyton off the field.

If the defense lets Peyton be Peyton, lights out, long day in Mass.

Bill needs to force the defensive unit to watch the film from the last Super Bowl on how to beat Peyton.
    i honestly dont think pats have any interest in stopping the run. last year they pretty much begged peyton to check off to run, showing him a bunch or 5-6man fronts and dbs all over the place. , clearly he did as moreno gashed them for over 2 bills. hell even if pats wanna stop the run it not like they capable with no mayo and this years version of wilfork looking like he ate himself thru his last injury rehab.. while that prob a horrible strategy vs most teams letting donks make hey with the run gm isnt the worst thing in the world. between the weather, the hoodie, and that secondary i dont think peyton gonna be lighting these guys up and if donks doing most their work on the ground they will be in key 3rd down situations at some point where peyton most likely wont have established the rhythm he accustomed to.. i like pats cause well as you said i rather not over think it, my no thought involved point of view leans to taking pats as home dogs anytime i can tho. i know donks gonna be able to run and that doesnt bother me, my biggest concern is last few times ive watched donks i came away thinking their run d was fantastic. i think gray slides in to the ridley role quite capably, unfortunately i just dont think you can get a between the tackle run game rolling vs these guys. it def gonna have to be a vereen/edelman dink and dink type of gm with gronk doing what he does, that should lesson the effectiveness of donks edge rushers and keep them away from that big pork chop mf'er in the middle. weather not gonna effect that type of attack all that much if the wind is howling (hopefully) and ultimately it pats at home if they lose so be it i can live with that. agree w d2d bout the under but not a big fan in a gm like this these days, it could be going well for a long time then 1 little thing sets it off and next thing we know it a track meet out of nowhere..

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    what does that pay?

even money?
    Pretty much.

blstrick5
    blstrick5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1096

Who have the Patriots beat this year??

Minnesota, Oakland, Buffalo, NY Jets, Chicago and Cincinnati. Only the Bengals out of those teams is actually good and has a shot at the playoffs. The Pats 2 losses are to Kansas City and Miami, both of those teams are borderline playoff teams.

Denver has beat:

Indy (great team), Kansas City (who destroyed the Pats), Arizona (another really good team), San Francisco (good team), San Diego (good team), and NY Jets. Their only loss was in OT in Seattle. All the teams listed above could be playoff teams except the Jets.

I know the Brady vs Peyton argument, bla bla bla. The Broncos have had since last Thursday to prepare and are the better team offensively and defensively. Road or not, backing them at -3 is an easy decision for me.

Dollars2Donuts
    Deadly

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    i honestly dont think pats have any interest in stopping the run. last year they pretty much begged peyton to check off to run, showing him a bunch or 5-6man fronts and dbs all over the place. , clearly he did as moreno gashed them for over 2 bills. hell even if pats wanna stop the run it not like they capable with no mayo and this years version of wilfork looking like he ate himself thru his last injury rehab.. while that prob a horrible strategy vs most teams letting donks make hey with the run gm isnt the worst thing in the world. between the weather, the hoodie, and that secondary i dont think peyton gonna be lighting these guys up and if donks doing most their work on the ground they will be in key 3rd down situations at some point where peyton most likely wont have established the rhythm he accustomed to.. i like pats cause well as you said i rather not over think it, my no thought involved point of view leans to taking pats as home dogs anytime i can tho. i know donks gonna be able to run and that doesnt bother me, my biggest concern is last few times ive watched donks i came away thinking their run d was fantastic. i think gray slides in to the ridley role quite capably, unfortunately i just dont think you can get a between the tackle run game rolling vs these guys. it def gonna have to be a vereen/edelman dink and dink type of gm with gronk doing what he does, that should lesson the effectiveness of donks edge rushers and keep them away from that big pork chop mf'er in the middle. weather not gonna effect that type of attack all that much if the wind is howling (hopefully) and ultimately it pats at home if they lose so be it i can live with that. agree w d2d bout the under but not a big fan in a gm like this these days, it could be going well for a long time then 1 little thing sets it off and next thing we know it a track meet out of nowhere..
    This run on statement was impossible to read. Please, please use paragraphs.

stevenash

^
    It's a message board for the love of God, not a thesis.

Dollars2Donuts
    Deadly

^
    It's a message board for the love of God, not a thesis.
    Hahahahaha.....funny guy Nasher. Seriously though, that post may have been written by a 4 year old.

First 1234 Last