Just Blaze
    Just Blaze's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 512

If you knew that you could be a more profitable bettor by not betting NFL...

Could you lay off?

NFL has the sharpest lines and IMHO there are much lower hanging fruit around, yet the amount of posts devoted to NFL seems a bit disproportionate - even mid week. Everybody loves football but do people think it is honestly beatable long term for the average joe bettor?

It may be the sport that you know best or feel like you have the strongest opinion or angle on, but with huge followings and markets shaped by large amounts of sharp action early what makes it attractive to so many here to wager on? (teasers aside)

Ra77er
    Ra77er's Avatar Become A Pro!

Blaze if you wanna keep the weed thing going your gonna need to get your points back down to 420 thx man

goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2264

Every other sport I believe is truly beatable. Nfl is super tough to win consistently week in and week out. Anyone who tells they kill nfl on this board is probably full of shit. They might have a week here or there but no one is killing it

Just Blaze

I actually gave that up in uni but honestly I have to keep the avatar for sentimental value. Just a night out with Molly once in a blue moon these days.

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

Just autofade Lakerboy. It's really that simple

mikejamm
    mikejamm's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1321

The key is to choose your bets wisely and not bet every damn thing on the board. Pick the 3 or 4 best games and don't get greedy. Maintain a consistency, manage your bank roll properly and football is easy. Really hard for some degenerates to do though, with most games on Sunday, one Monday and Thursday night game, people get crazy and bet everything under the sun. College ball, if you can cherry pick and research weak match ups can be really profitable over the season.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: greenhippo, and texhooper

Just Blaze

Agreed on NCAA (hoops even more so) but wagering fundamentals 101 alone is not enough to beat NFL.

new era
    new era's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1931

NFL spreads are tough. Answer to the question is Yes. Rarely do I bet on NFL and even if I do I make sure the lines I like are fading Bill Simmons.

sneakerhead
    I NEED MONEY
    sneakerhead's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1417

I dont think degenerates can lay off when there is nothing else to bet on and you are right, many times I have considered laying off but its just tough. You always feel that you have the right read.
    Posters usually do well on Saturdays and end up losing it on Sundays

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Nope. Not a chance and I already know it. I moderate it though now with one to three games a week on the NFL.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Mike hit on the head you got a spot bet and nobody here does it

mitch51
    mitch51's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8964

Quote Originally Posted by goduke View Post
    Every other sport I believe is truly beatable. Nfl is super tough to win consistently week in and week out. Anyone who tells they kill nfl on this board is probably full of shit. They might have a week here or there but no one is killing it
    Not true. No human can handicap the NFL, but that David Frohardt Lane guy can. So my handicapping in the NFL is to tail his games on his #1 card. Therefore, I am currently at 70% in the NFL. It has been the EASIEST sport for me to win.