Limey
    3-3 so far this season
    Limey's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 161

Week 15 picks and thoughts

It's been a stressful week for various reasons, which might be why I've struggled to find bets or think clearly about the games. Anyway, this is what my addled mind has spewed out for week 15:

New England @ Buffalo
    I only discovered AFTER placing my bet that the Patriots have injury problems on both lines. That's not good, and sums up my poor week or research and preparation. However, my view of the game is that Buffalo simply aren't good enough in any area to seriously test a New England team that needs this win like Tiger Woods needs a good divorce lawyer. The Bills have an apparent strength in defensive passer rating, but I think this is a game where that will be exposed as somewhat deceptive, and the Patriots will rack up another comfortable win at Ralph Wilson Stadium
    Mystic Limey forsees: NE 31 - 17 BUF
    Patriots -7 for 6 units

Cincinnatti @ San Diego
    The Bengals got whacked on their last trip to the West Coast, by lowly Oakland. I have a feeling Marvin Lewis won't stand for that again and that the striped ones will be taking seriously the opportunity to wrap up their division and have a shot at bettering the Chargers in the playoff seedings. Not that San Diego won't be without similar motivation, but I just can't buy that the Bolts keep winning indefinitely with their unbalanced attack.
    Mystic Limey forsees: CIN 23 - 24 SD
    Bengals +6.5 for 5 units

Minnesota @ Carolina
    Carolina really aren't that bad a team, you know. One year removed from sewing up the umber one seed in the NFC, they surely wouldn't be 5-8 if poor Jake Del'homme hadn't had an autumnus horribilis. As long as they haven't thrown in the towel - and it didn't look that way last Sunday at Foxboro - then I give the cats a good shot at competing with Minnesota in what represents an uninspiring trip South for the Vikings. NB: I could have done without the Saints losing to renew Vikings shot at number one seed.
    Mystic Limey forsees: CAR 20 - 24 MIN
    Panthers +9 for 5 units

Under/Overs
    Keyed by a statistical indicator of teams whose performance against the total line should move one way or the other, here are this week's two:
    NYG @ Washington UNDER 43.5 for 3 units
    Miami @ Tennessee UNDER 42.5 for 3 units

I also intend to play the Jets/Falcons game but the chickenshit site I use currently doesn't have a line up. God knows why? Snow?? I will update if I get on it.

NYSportsGuy210
    NYSportsGuy210's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

I took Jets (-6.5) at ATL too....it will be windy but snow shouldn't be too much of a problem. THe line probably wasn't up becasue of the status of both Matt Ryan and Michael Turner for ATL. If anyone knows anything about their health status.....hopefully they can inform you on this thread.

But I put a lot on Pats to cover (-7) also.....this is a must win for NE and Moss will be fired up. NE usually plays their best when their back are against the wall.

NYSportsGuy210
    NYSportsGuy210's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

I also put $50 on TOR Raptors (-2.5) at home vs. the weak New Orleans Hornets and am leaning on taking Philadelphia Eagles (-8) at home vs. an overrated SF Niner team. The Forty-Niners are due for a let down after last week's impressive win.

Limey
    3-3 so far this season

I'm adding a completely out-of-character and frankly poor-value bet. It's late, I'm tired, I'm well up on the season and I want a bit more action tomorrow....

ML parlay Eagles (1/4) and Seahawks (1/3) pays 4/6 for 9 units
    I think running the ball is going to be tough in either direction at Philly tomorrow. When the ball gets thrown, I fancy the Andy Reid team who have passing in their DNA over a 49ers squad taking early steps in becoming more aerial.
    Seattle are not a terribly comfortable team to support at short odds, but for all this season's travails they continue to boast a good home record. The Buccaneers might not be a half-bad team next season, but frankly I don't think that can come soon enough for them.

Limey
    3-3 so far this season

2-3-1 on the week. My totally out-of-character parlay got the result it pretty much deserved and cost me a profitable week, wasting excellent bets on Cincinnatti and Carolina.

I lost 6 units on 31 staked. Again, nothing disastreous but two losing weeks - no matter how small - in a row is disappointing.

DOMINATER
    DOMINATER's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1180

limey last week was atuff week I THINK ONLY THREE FAVORITES won ,so if you tend to bet that way it was defentily the bookies day they clean up when dogs come in better luck next week and pay attention to that fav or dog prop. good luck limey