Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24921

Steelers Will Roll the Texans on Monday Night Football

The Houston Texans aren't even that good. They've been outplayed by their opponents the majority of the year, even the games they've won. Their reputed daunting defense is just a rumor. Watt can be dominant at times, but when he's not wreaking havoc, the rest of the defense is bereft of playmakers. The quarterbacks they've beaten this year include RGIII (first game back from an injury riddled season and in a brand new offense), Derek Carr, and EJ Manuel. I think it's safe to say Ben Roethlisberger is a cut or two (or three, or four) above the aforementioned.

The Steelers have had their share of struggles on defense but they should be able to get their groove back at home in a primetime atmosphere, especially against the likes of Ryan Fitz-tragic. This will be just their third game at Heinz Field this year, and you can expect a bounce back effort after getting undressed last week by the Browns.

For all their purported woes, the Steelers still rank a respectable 13th in total defense, and a remarkable 4th in total offense. Compare that with the Texans, who rank just 29th defensively, and 21st in offense. In fact, the Houston Texans have been out-yarded by every single opponent this season. That's right, despite a 3-3 record, the Texans have not outgained any opponent, including the Raiders. Yardage isn't everything, but being out-yarded in every game is an eye opener.

Both these teams may be .500, but the Texans are just one year removed from a 2-14 campaign. I trust the Steelers more in this situation. Houston's record is probably smoke and mirrors at this point. Think about it... Who are you willing to trust with your money, Big Ben or Fitz-tragic?

Three points is not a lot to lay in this spot and I'll gladly do it. My book even has the Steelers at even money.

Steelers -3 +100

Points Awarded:

fecgp40 gave Eddy Munny 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

fecgp40
    fecgp40's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5185

Agree 100%. Very nice write up. Thanks. GL.

Dmoneytx
    Dmoneytx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 566

That is a hell of a write up EM.. I live in Houston & a LOT of people seem to forget that the Texans have been outgained in every game they have played this year. I hate betting on the Steelers, but this has the feel of that Bal/Pitt game when the whole world took Pitt with the Rice thing going on & Bal destroyed them. A ton of people on Houston, the plus money looks SO easy, like Indy when they came in here & tore us apart. Taking the 3 looks even easier. But I can tell you, a few really really good radio guys here in Houston, predicted that after that start they would NOT be surprised to see Houston 3-4 at the least! They know those stats on Houston & I will be kicking myself in the ass if I need Fitzpatrick to come back and win this game somehow and that place is going crazy nuts for Pittsburgh.. Pitt is a tough place to play in & the Texans will have to get out to an early lead (I heard they might run the hurry up in the first Q..) bec I don't think they will fly like they did last week and come back from a big deficit..

I was deciding who to take in this game, every time I clicked on Houston - I felt sick for some reason, lol.. Laying down with Pitt ML tonight & hope that place is rocking like a mother Fer! BOL either way man & thanks...

johnwirk2015
    johnwirk2015's Avatar Become A Pro!

im all IN +3 -125

Fred The Hammer
    Fred The Hammer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8395

Eddy.....good writeup and I usually agree with you but I like Houston tonite. They hung with Dallas on the road and made a helluva comeback last week vs Indy.....both of those teams would hammer Pitt by double digits imo. Everyone knows Houston is going to run the ball and Arian Foster doesn't care....still gets his 100+ when healthy. They're also more rested and the coaches had a few extra days to gameplan Pittsburgh.

Houston +135 ML for me

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24921

24-13 at halftime... just as I figured. I said Steelers would roll and they are rolling.

This is exactly how I imagined it when I capped this game.

Exactly.

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

Lol unreal end to half!!! Got Pitt -2.5 and added ml +255 live Texans a shit team and even when they were "good" always overrated and so was that defense. Let's go now choke these bums out with ur turrible towels gold/black.

Dmoneytx
    Dmoneytx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 566

Nice hit EM!!! Just as scripted, Texans backers were like "what was I thinking??" after this game ended, lol...

Thanks for the easy play