TheKLB
    TheKLB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 636

Last 3 units - do I hedge?

I am a big fan of letting it ride. It is called gambling after all, right? Down to my last 3.2 units in the bankroll (1.5 in one book, and 1.7 in another).

I have a pending parlay:

Miami ML +145
    KC ML +180

Houston ML +150

1 unit to win 16.15

I can lay down 1.5 @ -3 (-120) and 1.7 @ -3 (115) on Steelers. That won't help if they win by 1 or 2 points. ML bet will win 1.95 units total. I think the game will go under so I would be willing to parlay the ML and under 44.5. That'll pay something like 6.66 units. Buying down to -2.5 and the under will net 7.56 units, putting me back over 10.

Both teams have good ground attacks. PIT is terrible in the red zone and both teams are up there for best red zone efficiency. Watt is hard to stop and Ben sucks when he is pressured. These items lead me to believe it will be a low score, grind out every drive type game. Generally, teams with better defenses win those games.

I'd like to have more to play with than 3 units going into next week and dont feel like cutting my units in half.

VegasPlayer
    VegasPlayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6319

Tough call. I'm passing on it. Pitt has been awful at home and on the road. Their D still hits hard, but has lost a step or two. The only consistent scoring for Hou is Watt. This may come down to the kickers and Heinz Field is a terrible place to kick FG's.

POOLSIDE
    POOLSIDE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 586

I'd hedge. You'll either have six units or seventeen. That's better than twenty or none. It would be a shame not to win something. Pitt -3 does leave you open to losing everything though. Maybe wait until the game starts and make a live bet? Hopefully Houston scores first and you can get Pitt at better odds.

TheKLB

Good call on the live bet. That's 1 option I didn't think about. If Pit takes a lead, I might be forced to sit with my 3.2. Or throw it in anyways and maybe end the game with 4u or 17u.

Spedizzo
    Spedizzo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 158

Hope ya hedged when Texans were up 13

TheKLB

Only got .5u in at +400. Hesitated a few seconds and missed a nice pay